Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm a rat man, bee ba ba baddaboop, baba baddaboop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FirstPersonShitter posted:

man i guess the warhammer fantasy franchise has really been... left 4 dead

:captainpop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The trailer does a good job of making every character look like a badass except for the dwarf who looks aloof but very much enjoying the whole thing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Al Borland posted:

I feel bad for Sienna, she has the hots for Kruger but he is flame paranoid.

Can't blame a man for avoiding a burning sensation.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it known if there is going to be a four pack bundle or whatever for this game once it actually hits full release?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo Wheat and Chaff is where you git good or go home.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

dogstile posted:

Just had some good games with pubs, which was shocking. Accidentally pulled a stormvermin patrol in the middle of a horde and they were dead in about 10 seconds from ranged fire.

Holy poo poo they need to step up those stormvermins

Patch 1.0.2 Notes:

-Increased Stormvermin health
-Changed Stormvermin animations (more head sway)
-Fixed bug that was reducing number of Stormvermin spawns on the Wheat and Chaff level.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I must be the only person on this earth who never played L4D and as a consequence I don't give a hoot even if they did copy it. In fact I applaud them for taking a good game and moving it from lovely Generic Zombie Setting into something that's not completely overdone and boring.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ojetor posted:

I progressed to Wheat and Chaff yesterday and holy poo poo. My pubbie team which had been trucking along nicely in previous missions got absolutely wrecked twice without getting even a single grain sack. Looking forward to trying again tonight!

Do I need better gear? I only have a couple bad green weapons and a terrible Gutter Runner damage reduction trinket on my Wizard.

Wheat and Chaff is just a tough map. You should consider its difficulty to be a full level higher than whatever it's actually set to.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DaveKap posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're in early days here and it's not like this is a problem yet; folks are just playing the game for fun for now... but how long until the optimal route is just play sewers over and over?

The better question is who gives a flying gently caress?

There is always going to be an optimal farm route, it's practically impossible to design a system without one. Let the broke brains run the same level the same way 100 times in a row if seeing a number get bigger blue become an orange really brings them that much joy. People without broke brains can just hit the "any level" button after they finish the campaign and have fun.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

uber_stoat posted:

Bout to make an internet petition that the person who designed wheat and chaff be publicly flogged.

The funny thing about Wheat and Chaff is how out of skew the balance solely because of one tiny detail, which was "on a scale of 1-10, let's set Stormvermin spawns to 11". Without that nothing about the level would be unusual or difficult. Everything else is pretty standard, but the unending Stormvermin clowncar storm makes getting anything done almost impossible if your group isn't on top of their poo poo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

TheQat posted:

This game is real fun

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Does anyone else have the problem that the elf looks like another skaven from behind?

It's a big problem until you change friendly outlines to "always on".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Coolguye posted:

A couple people might have a lot of orange pixels because they've figured out certain 'pathways' to them but there's also people who have been playing 30+ hours and are still using whites on their favorite characters because the drop system is garbage.

While it might be that this was intended as exaggeration, nobody should have a white at 30+ hours on a character they care about thanks to fusing. You should have enough white garbage by then to at least fuse yourself a green.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Everyone is talking about new heroes/enemies/maps but honestly I say just leave everything complete and make full sized standalone campaign expansions. Warhammer: Greentide, five new heroes fend off the Ork invasion of a Dwarven hold. Warhammer: Bonetide, five new heroes go on an epic excursion to the Valley of the Tomb Kings. Give us all new environments, new heroes with new loot pools (so no integration shenanigans), the whole shebang. Sell em standalone for $30 just like the original, $20 if they are smaller in overall scope.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiler Kiwi posted:

re: people shittalking the blunderbuss

Is the blunderbuss a good anti-rogre tool? I mean does just blasting it point blank at target big enough to soak up all the pellets just do a poo poo ton of damage?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
In an MMO or PvP centric game something like the BP exploit would be unacceptable.

In a casual, PvE only team game who gives a gently caress. If you are a sane person whose life isn't ruled by loot you can just not do it and it will never have any effect on you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I wish they did a 4-pack for this a la Left 4 Dead.

I was really surprised they didn't, it seemed obvious for a game built for four players. I would have bought one, even with just three people ready to go at the time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

President Ark posted:

the problem becomes when playing with strangers it becomes expected to go along with it because if you don't you get kicked, and it artificially inflates what people expect your gear to be like

Who cares. It's a specific exploit on one map, it's not like it's a general problem that is affecting every level. Just don't play Black Powder for a bit until they fix it.

It just really seems like an easily avoidable thing to me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tokubetsu posted:

Yea Garden of Morr absolutely my favorite map right now and no one wants to run it because oh no i need loot and this is too loong baaaawww

I am very happy that I have three friends who like this game and not one of them is the least bit interested in farming or Optimal Gear Grind Routes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Comrayn posted:

I bought this game yesterday but haven't played yet. If I don't have a full party of friends on am I forced to fill any remaining slots with the unwashed masses? I really should have figured this one out before buying it in retrospect.

The game has to involve four characters at all times. If less than four players are in a group it will launch with bots in the empty slots. The game will automatically search for player replacements, although you can prevent this by setting the game to "private" in which case the bots will remain bots.

Bots perform much better in this game than in most others (that doesn't involve them cheating). They can fight rather well, better than some pubbies even, but occasionally do dumb things. If they get too far separated they will warp-to-player so the degree to which they can gently caress things up is limited. They are dependable if uninspired. It is definitely feasible to complete the game on normal with two bots at all times (except maybe Wheat and Chaff). I would say you probably want at least one other human beings at all times but honestly I haven't tried solo play at all so who knows maybe it could work.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Please don't bring up Age of Sigmar. It's depressing to know that all of the lore/flavor in the game and everything you're going through to save Ubersreik is pointless because an EVIL MOON is just going to Majora's Mask the planet in two years anyway.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Comrayn posted:

Is there a good quick and dirty write-up about this end times business? I started reading some wiki but it went into way too much detail and was way too long.

Basically what Night10194 said but here is a quick and dirty...

1) The four Chaos Gods unite. Previously they had been squandering their strength by fighting each other just as often as outsiders. Kind of like Orks.

2) The End Times begin. Chaos Undivided essentially begins assaulting the entire world. The Skaven join in as they are basically chaos spawn in origin.

3) Pretty much the entire rest of the world, even undead factions, unite either directly or on "enemy of my enemy" basis to fight Chaos.

4) Stuff happens, the big Chaos hero personally slays a whole bunch of super important people like Karl Franz (the Emperor) for example. Bretonnia is swallowed in a tide of rats.

5) The Chaos moon slams into the planet, fracturing it to pieces.

6) Age of Sigmar begins.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

"Rocks fall, everyone dies."

Sounds really cool.

Try not to think about it while playing Vermintide :(

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Night10194 posted:

They got in their spaceships and peaced out.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dezztroy posted:

Well, Fantasy wasn't making them any money so they decided to make a pay-to-win tabletop game in the form of Age of Sigmar, presumably hoping for whales to buy absolutely ridiculous armies.

What's funny about this is that "not making any money" really just means "compared to 40k". Warhammer Fantasy was still the the #2 game on the market but by goly it's not doing as good as #1 so we might as well throw a moon into it!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CountingWizard posted:

People are stupid and don't realize you can have even more fun using Field of Glory rulesets and historical 1/72 scale figures, or even just use old editions of Warhams and use these non-games workshop figures: http://www.hobbylinc.com/1:72-scale-plastic-model-fantasy-figures

44 dwarven figures that don't fall apart on use for $15? Hell yeah sign me up. Compare that to Games Workshop's $35 for 16 figures, that while more detailed fall apart frequently through use, and due to the new "high quality" resins they use also have giant gaping pock-marked bubble cavities throughout the surface.

The orcs on this page are straight outta early MTG.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

PantsOptional posted:

In the Wizard's Tower, is the big open room in the middle of the map randomized, or does it correspond to the character you pick? It seems like it might be the latter but I've only gone through a few times.

Every member of the group sees the same illusion, which is based on the first person in the group to enter the area. The ones I've seen...

Kruber first: a pastoral setting

Saltzpyre first: the hall of his order (or at least some castle setting)

Sienna: a fire blasted hellscape.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nah its always unique to each character, you don't have to be the first person in. Basically every character sees their "happy place".

It must be bugged then because I've definitely experienced mismatches (like being Kruber and seeing the whole world on fire).

e: Actually I'm pretty sure you're wrong anyway because the different illusions are not the same geographically. It wouldn't work. People would be walking on air or into invisible walls from other player's perspectives.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dezztroy posted:

What you're saying is incorrect. Each player sees something different and that is why it's such a cool level. All the illusions have the same geometry. Where Kruber sees a house, Kerillian sees a large rock.

Maybe you're right and I'm the bozo. It really didn't look that way but I haven't run it extensively or anything. I'll check it out more next time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Skandranon posted:

I have seen this exact thing happen, where the elf was standing on a tree trunk that I as the dwarf I could not see, as I was seeing a castle full of gold.

I guess I assumed it couldn't be that way because it wouldn't work. Turns out it is that way but also doesn't work! :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Actually I guess maybe it does work, the whole thing is an illusion anyway so why can't people stand in mid air or whatever?

A wizard did it!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Drythe posted:

gently caress you, we already moved past this topic.

It bears repeating: if you are mad about loot in Vermintide it means your brain is broken.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gimnbo posted:

While we're on the topic, how do you attract a rat ogre's attention? It doesn't seem like shoving it in the back makes it want to kill me.

The rogre is a mysterious and temperamental beast. In general "I am hitting him while his current target is not" tends to make him switch focus but sometimes he'll just get a rage boner for one person no matter what they do.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I love the conflagration staff too much so I haven't tried the others very much. But then again I'm just moving into hard mode so that might change when the AOE stops being effective enough. Is the bolt staff effective against stormvermin/armor?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
e: nevermind people covered it i'm slow

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wafflecopper posted:

Hey guys just thought you all might like to know I got a trinket on my second run ever, 4% movespeed.

My very first match yielded the green "share combat potions with your party" trinket.

25 playtime hours later it's still my only trinket :shrug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

John Dyne posted:

Speaking of, the current elf is supposed to be a wood elf, isn't she? I'd imagine a high elf would sound less Irish and more posh

She's definitely a wood elf, which partially explains why she's such an rear end in a top hat. Wood elves are generally pricks to outsiders, and while high elves might be arrogant they are rarely just straight up jerks to everybody they meet and have been known to get along with humans fairly well.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Al Borland posted:

they didn't VAC ban people cheating dark souls 2. So I doubt they'd do it at a strictly PVE game :(

It's sad that now when I buy a game with a strong PvP element I usually do so on console despite having a good gaming PC, pretty much just because of the cheating angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lunethex posted:

I love when games break.

Was playing Horn of Magnus yesterday and a rogre got stuck inside building geometry. Like we were fighting him in the street and all of a sudden he just glitch warps through a wall into a house (one without usable doors that you are not supposed to enter). We could still hear him stomping around and roaring but he was totally stuck so we just continued on with the level. I'm certain that nobody triggered it on purpose and it was just a freak glitch. It happened in the area between the hog pens and the first grimoire's little cellar.

A teammate: "that rogre got hosed"

• Locked thread