Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Why is the repeater pistol so bad and why does the game keep punishing me by giving me them?

I have a large collection of blue waywatcher swords in a world where two of the people I play this game with pretty much career her :v:

Minera fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Robzilla posted:

You know, after finally getting a flaming sword I gotta say I'm not that impressed with it's sweap. I prefer the starting type sword for the BW since the sweep is larger to hit more rats.

I haven't gotten to try flaming sword yet, but I really want to like the morning star. It helps (a lot) that I got a regrowth mace (10% chance to heal 5% on regular attack) which means I can get away with venting overcharge constantly to make up for not having a good aoe sweep in melee..

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

playing with pubs is a special experience

you and your friend ducking out of the way and watching a storm patrol go past...

then seeing a single projectile fly at it from god only knows where, and the entire patrol aggros. the one that got hit wasn't even a headshot.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

also, for dudes like me who jumped into this cuz of friends without really looking at previews: there is good reason to be very loving excited for this weekend and the new levels it will bring

Knowing that we get at least one forest level gives me hope for some kind of a mountain pass level with tons of sheer cliffs and caves and thunder and lightning in the middle of a raging storm, before we head down into the Under Empire :getin:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

hearing a horn and the rogre roar and two pcs playing globadier and assassin lines at the same time is the worst and seems to happen every time I play S&D

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Al Borland posted:

except its for the loving brightwizard who doesnt use push

sounds like it may be time to :gitgud:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Gimnbo posted:

When this game drops like 4 Stormvermin, a Globadier, and a Rat-ogre at the same time on you while you're on a tiny staircase you can't even complain about the pubbies for your death. This was on normal.

this seems to happen waaaay too often on the hidden bookcase at the start of the wizard's tower

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I enjoyed the skull roasting on the skull-shaped grill

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Garden of Moor Skulls

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Dwarf is amazing and I don't see how it isn't a choice between Gruber and trashpyre for the oddman out on nightmare+. Turns out being short is Pretty Good and drake fire pistols are way too drat strong.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I am now very afraid of feeding all these loving repeater pistols into the forge :(

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Did some research and took the plunge since you can get this game for as cheap as 22 dollars through gamebillet, and god drat I forgot how much fun I had with Vtide 1. What a loving blast. Clutched a game as last man standing last night, shield swiping to fend off the hordes to get a last second rez followed by saving the last two pubbies during the city escape. What an adrenaline rush!

It looks like they kinda fixed my issues I had with vtide 1 at launch, being that crafting was rear end and there was no incentive to run random maps so you'd just run optimal maps until you got bored.

Have they given any deets about how many missions we're getting and what heroic deeds entail?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.gamebillet.com/warhammer-vermintide-2

22.50, it doesn't get any better than this :getin:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

my hot take on hero powers with like 8 or 9 hours of playtime in the pre-release beta:

depending on how heroic deeds stack up and shake out, players being "overpowered" is okay (tho I have no idea if they can manage to balance between the classes/talent trees, that may be a longer term thing) because some of the heroic deeds are gonna be theoretically super gnarly. all I know is they can straight up disable some weapon types and the preview picture for them on the sight has bardin fighting two chaos beasts, so uh, it's probably okay if huntsman can bring down a troll in 3 seconds if you're fighting multiple at the same time.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I am assuming that the site is legit? A quick google search doesn't bring up anything alarming at least.

Yeah a friend and i both got our keys from it, and I've been seeing them getting good press on Reddit (for what that's worth) the past year.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

so each individual item goes up to 300, or does it all cumulative total to like 300 on my hero sheet, cuz it's vaguely unclear...??

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kanos posted:

Each item goes up to 300 individually, but the amount that your items add to your hero power is an average of all of your items' power. So if you have 5 Power 100 items equipped you get +100 hero power, but if you have 2 Power 100 items and 3 Power 50 items you only get +70 hero power.

The max hero power is 600; 300 from being level 30 and 300 from having 5 power 300 items equipped.

Thanks, this is a concise explanation.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

BombiTheZombie posted:

The one unit that encapsulates Age of Sigmar to a tee is called the Bloodsecrator. They have axes with four blades that constantly drip blood, and they eat their enemies right after killing them even in the middle of a fight!

Its all just so... childish in its absurdity. Not that the Old World had any less ridiculous stuff but it was all fairly grounded.

honestly that just sounds like a standard warhammer 40k unit, so

eating enemies in combat is straight up Kroot and weapons dripping blood sounds like every chaos or dark eldar unit lmao

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

BombiTheZombie posted:

They killed the Old World to make another 40k game is all (Yes i am still salty over it).

wasn't this the actual reason behind AoS

Like, literally, they wanted something that would sell as well as space marines did, only in fantasy, so they made fantasy sigmar marines

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

official mod support is great news!

Now we can revert the UI! :downs:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yup, only I've had bad luck with lewt so far.

No flamethrower, no axe/shield, no 2h hammer... FML

I've only played around 10 rounds on Vet though, finished only 4 of them so I shouldn't be complaining

You can always craft one!

Assuming you're at the level where you unlock the base versions :v:

Really enjoying Saltzpyre after giving him a try and looking at his talents. Getting bonuses to tag poo poo has got me spamming the ping button like a mad man and I keep finding random loot rats off in the distance for pubbie elfs to snipe. Got double loot die off one earlier, life is good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Shove rips aggro from teammates, or so I've heard, so tank builds with shields seem pretty dang viable this go around.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

controversial opinion for pubs: grimoires are optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Just get a saltzpyre with a flail and then shield dudes are no longer a problem :cool:

• Locked thread