Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is it too late to beg for beta keys? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gamesguy posted:

You can get a key from G2A for like a dollar, that's where I got mine.

Oh gently caress dude, good looking out.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Game is pretty fun!
It has all of the stressful attributes of L4D and then some.

Someone on your team heading off in the wrong direction(me) when everyone else is going in the right one? Commence melt down.
Someone wasting an explosive on a small group when a huge horde is right around the corner?(me!!) Commence melt down.
Someone always getting themselves surrounded and needing to be revived every 5 minutes?(meee!!!!) Commence. melt. down.

Basically, I'm good at this game and all L4D-likes and people need to get on my level. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

How much control do you have over melee swings? Are there controls to select swing direction, or is it basically just clicking through a set attack cycle?

I... THINK there might be a move in the direction you want to swing mechanic but I'm not positive.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is the beta still playable then? Or do I have to pre-order to continue playing it now?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deakul posted:

Is the beta still playable then? Or do I have to pre-order to continue playing it now?

Reinstalled it to try it out myself, the beta's over for those of us that didn't pre-order.
Welp, was fun while it lasted.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CJ posted:

I can understand zombies because apparently there are a whole lot of nerds who get really excited at the idea of butchering animated corpses, but i've never heard of someone wanting to kill an army of rat men. It just strikes me as a really bizarre theme to go with in terms of getting people excited to play your game.

EDIT: I know the lore is about a city getting overrun by rat men, but the developers still had to make the decision to make it a game about about a city being attacked by rat men. That's the part i find weird.

Jesus, dude.

Lore-wise, Skaven are literally vermin.
They swarm over cities, towns, and villages just like an epidemic would.

They are the Warhammer equivalent of a zombie infestation even though the world does have zombies too.

What are you not getting?
I'd rather fight an enemy I haven't seen in an action game like this before than just fightings orcs or zombies again, rat men with personality sounds much more appealing to me.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright, fuckers, bought the collector's edition with hopes that this game is a great success and the devs support it with more maps down the line.

Do we have a steam group and mumble channel ready?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, sorry, I seem to never look at OPs first. :downsgun:
Noted and joined!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fayk posted:

Just checking, the CE bonuses/etc will show up at release, right? Ie, no one has those cosmetics yet, correct?

I don't have any of the CE goodies yet either so yeah probably.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't know about anyone else but I crack the gently caress up whenever a good run goes horribly wrong and we all die.

Sure, it's annoying that you lose out on the chance for phat lewt at the end but come on, just shaddup and replay it, the game is fun enough that I don't even mind replaying levels immediately.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Bad Moon posted:

Hey guys just got my new PC and ready to earn my stripes as junior rat killer!

Whoops, the game's dead dude, sorry.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Did they add quests and retool the loot system yet?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress, this might be the update to finally get me to play and enjoy this game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Internet Explorer posted:

I really hope there's a mod or something that shows where all of the books are. I really have no desire to memorize all of the locations and I am perfectly happy with skipping any they involve jumping puzzles.

Oh for fucks sake they still have that lovely book system? That might just this a hard pass for me unless everything else is a drastic improvement over the original.(specifically end of match rewards actually being something I can use for my current class MOST of the time and if stats and item modifiers are cooler)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fair points all, I dug VM1 for the most part even if I pretty much stopped playing after going through each map a couple of times... the rat murder was enough to get me to hop on for a few minutes and just kill until I was satisfied afterwards.

Sounds like VM2 is more of an actual game with built in longevity now.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 8, 2018

• Locked thread