Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like when you pump up the shield bash on Kruber and you knock down 500 dickheads in a glorious anime power wave every time you use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm not doing quick play, I'm picking the maps since it always dumps me on the mine one and pubs can't deal with it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

There are four. But it's only a little under a week until all maps are released.

How many are there? It feels like these are all stage 3 of campaign threads.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Darke GBF posted:

The sidearm with the rapier does feel pathetic. I headshot a warpfire thrower 6 times and it didn't die. It kept getting staggered, and each time I heard the crit sound I was like "finally, this is the time it'll die." Nope~

Wasn't it great before the new patch? I haven't used it but my mate thought it was decent.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Unless I'm missing something it's completely worthless now. It does ok damage at point blank range, literally once enemies are beyond melee range the damage is about half and if the`y're in melee range you're better off just swinging.

e. did some testing on the dummy, it's less than half a sword swing's damage at just a few paces away. If you stick it in their stomach and fire, it's about as much damage as a fully charged thrust. I would much rather them put the ammo requirement back and keep the damage what it used to be.

Maybe it's good with the bounty hunter since there's no drop off.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

It appears these are all the stages of Act III. The final mission Warcamp is beating the Chaos Champion after you upset him, by freeing his slaves, blowing up his supplies, and stopping his big plan.

Cool. I'm looking forward to playing the campaign in order.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kruber is really good. I reckon halberd koobs will be the large target killed du jour for me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

More like Act 4, all skaven see the writing on the wall re not winning this one, turn on chaos and turn on each other before the victors head back underground to smash their leftover warp gear into glowy green cocaine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Stupid fluff question: would patching up a Slayer be considered a grievous insult? Or would refusing aid fall under "No, you can't just kill yourself."?

I want unique lines where Slayer Bardin is cussing out anyone who heals him.

Nah that would be fine. Presumably they've killed the thing or it won and they're still alive so they'd accept the opportunity to die even more gloriously or get revenge on the thing that won and didn't finish the job.

I mean they'd grumble like an rear end in a top hat about it of course.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Inside Out Mom posted:

Guys, I am enjoying the heck outta this game. Currently have the dwarf and the elf to level 10. I figured I should get them all to level 10 so I can fill whatever spot is needed in a group.

I'd just take old mate koober to 10 now so you can get in on some sweet halberd armour piercing action.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tomahawk posted:

i have no idea how to be good at this game but im having fun playing the witch hunter!

Kill the rats and the bad men.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Koobler with a halberd and free handgun ammo can solo this game, the dude is a loving beast. I'm just oblitering bosses and specials without concerns at range and up close.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Slayer being poor against a horde and baller against large monsters is sweet, but you're right that huntsman koob can just do both and not break a sweat with a halberd and handgun/shotgun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Holy poo poo the grudge raker is off the hook...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kimsemus posted:

Note: both of us are sitting around 420 hero power.

Same :c00l:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mining pick is a real piece of poo poo. "Wide sweeps" but has no stun or knockback at all and only swings once every thousand years when a bloody red moon hangs low in the sky.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Unlucky7 posted:

Of course the moment I decide to preorder the game is when the thread starts going hard on it and makes me question why I did so in the first place :v:

(I am kidding. Mostly.)

It owns. Good purchase.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Digirat posted:

I'm probably the most critical person of it here and for all the ways I think it's a worse-designed game than the first one, even I think it's still good and worth playing

I'm enjoying it more and I don't know why. I think weapons should be more tied to damage but also I don't give a poo poo, I shall slay a rat and wreck a man.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I have unlocked ironbreaker and also got an axe/shield drop at the same time. My body is finally ready.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ironbreaker is basically perfect. Fell off a cliff into a rat swarm, team left me, did it alone. Took me a while to get through them all, but that's the old grumbler for you.

E: also yeh that the koober

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also why isn't there a chaos killed total like there is for skaven?

I wouldn't be surprised if endgame stats change for release. It's probably not the number one priority but also not too hard to implement and everyone knows nerds love a good stat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Vermintide2 should really have a balls to the wall Manowar style trailer that ends with a chaos knight getting shot point blank in the face by Kruber.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just craft poo poo later and use what's good for now. I've crafted a couple of things but only to give them a go at my current power.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I always feel a bit more under pressure when I see chaos waves coming because there is more likely to be something nasty hidden in there compared to rats. I don't think they're as good as they could be, but I do enjoy fighting man targets and occasionally squaring off with a big dude (whatever the level below knights and rothelms is) in the middle of a huge loving melee.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Chaos warriors need a dick hitbox for Bardin.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there some satire we are missing with the Warhammer Fantasy setting, like we all missed with 40K for the longest time?

Far as I can tell, things are relatively cool in Warhammer Fantasy land, as opposed to 40K's "Everything and everyone is terrible and for the Emperor's sake can the Chaos Gods just come and put us all out of our misery already?"

Fantasy had always been Tolkein extreme edition coupled with world history (until age of Sigmar which is p dumb) and 40k started out like a 2000AD setting filled to the brim with satire before mutating into a twelve year old's creative writing essay.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

So do we do the prologue again in the release version of the game or is progress gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That Sigmar temple map is loving awesome.

• Locked thread