Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Test ran Witch Hunter and Bright Wizard in the first mission, found both awesome in different ways. WH's ability to fire off a pistol with his sword out or to never stop shooting all of the guns was rad, but so was throwing out big pillars of fire. My only gripe with BW was that the venting mechanic wasn't explained at all and I took a lot of unnecessary ticks of damage venting too little charge before I realized what was happening, but that was me not paying attention.

Game is rad, basically. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pierson posted:

Yeah I have no idea how that works. Your staff starts with zero charge, then when you hit max charge you start to...overcharge? And you can vent that overcharge at the cost of health but why would you want to since there is a ton of shots before you max out your overcharge gauge and, I guess, either stop being able to fire entirely or blow up? If the class works anything like in the Warhammer MMO being overcharged would increase damage but there's no visual indication of this.

Just tested it out in the inn, and when you reach max overcharge you run around panicked for a few seconds, then explode. I assume this'll more or less kill you in an actual mission. You also get set on fire at about 3/4th full, which might apply a DoT. It's a decent mechanic, I just wish there was more than a "Be careful!" popup about it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Do the Skaven have personality in the game? I really liked them as a Warhammer army, their manic way of speaking ("Die-die, man thing!!") and high-strung backstabbing.

Skaven have a ton of personality, and sound a lot like they did in Warhammer Online if you ever played that. They've even got lines for each individual hero, I heard a lot of them calling me Fire-witch when the clan rats bum-rushed me. Couldn't really pick out many others in the jumble, though. But they've nailed the look, sound, and overall feel of crazy mad scientist rats.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

My horrible luck of getting nothing but soldier weapons continues.

I just want cool staves to do wizard things with why you gotta play me this way.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The inn rooms for each hero actually have a lot of cool little details in them. The dwarf appears to be slowly replacing the boards covering his windows with bricks. Good, solid dwarven engineering.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Grogsy posted:

Also, I hope one of the future dlc classes is the slayer. With the low health mechanic it would be hilarious.

This is only acceptable if his hats are actually a series of increasingly ridiculous mohawks. I'm talking "eventually taller than the soldier" levels of ridiculous.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It's not a Man Catcher, it's a Things Catcher! :eng101:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Badly Jester posted:

Positive stereotype of the jovial hardworking, high-functioning alcoholic perhaps? Dwarves have live figured out.

Dwarves understand what's important in life.

What's important is Bugman's XXXXXX.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Drythe posted:

Oh man there's a screaming bell level?

There is, but the whole point of the level is to break it before they can get it ringing. It's also super short and straight forward, but it's not a bad level design-wise.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Awesome hard run going, last gate on the sewers down, two loot dice from a single sack-rat. Host crash. :argh:

Really hope they add in some sort of migration poo poo.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I want an orc as a playable character but an extremely confused, time-traveled 40K orc that isn't sure why he is here but really doesn't give a drat because there's still stuff to chop.

Well I mean that basically describes Fantasy orcs perfectly. Who cares, use dat choppa!

An orc would be great because it means there might be a WAAAAGH heading towards the city. Which would solve one problem nicely while creating an entirely new on. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Considering the first entry in the Book of Grudges is probably "all greenskins ever for being generally huge bastards to dwarfkind" that does make it a little more difficult to put an orc in. There are plenty of other awesome characters they could put in, but I'll always pine for the greenskin that got away.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

What, you need your whole body to kill ratmen, dawri?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Trier posted:

I've mostly been playing hammerdwarf, but I just tried out what you guys said with shieldslam spam and I'm pretty sure that alone just carried my team to victory.

I mean, that and the musket 360 noscope headshots on special vermin I was popping left and right.

Welcome to the Shield Club, use it to club slaverats with your massive shield bash. :getin:

Holding back a massive rush of rats on the horn stairs with two grimoires while your other team members rain fire and bullets down on them (and the soldier cleaves at things above your head with a greatsword Marcus&BardinBFFs4lyfe)is the best feeling. Now I just need some drakefire pistols to play with. I'll hate losing the ability to just erase a special with the handgun though.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I'm 16 and still don't have one trinket let alone two for both my open slots. :smith:

Also still using a white handgun. But I have an axe and shield with a 35% chance that it won't use stamina on a push, which is just ridiculous.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Crooked Warden posted:

My axe n board dwarf has no problems:

Stab head => push => stab head => push...

They actually go down fairly quickly.

Axes also have armor penetration, which sword and shield lacks on normal attacks. Which makes it easier to deal with stormvermin and gunners since you can damage them in places other than the head.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Was it an elf? I bet it was an elf. It's always an elf.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

Dwarves and the State Trooper seem to share a good bit of role/weapon overlap. Which is good, because I need to get better with both of them since they seem like the least played but most useful characters and I suck with the rapier as stylish as it may be.

Dwarves have been carrying hard the last few maps I played.

Each character shares at least one weapon with another class. Witch Hunter and Soldier have greatswords, Soldier and Dwarf have shields, etc. They might not be exactly identical, but they're close enough.

The dwarf even has Drakefire Pistols to mimic the Bright Wizard. One of my buddies got a pair (the bastard :argh: ) and I switched to the soldier for shielding so he could play with them. And now he won't switch back because they're so awesome. It took me a good few maps to adjust to how tall Kruber is in comparison! All the skaven look so tiny now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

randombattle posted:

Step 5: gently caress the elf.

This is really the most important step.

Even if she's actually pretty good, I kind of hate the elf. She never has anything good to say, and it's just to grating after hearing the dwarf laugh like a loon and launch into his latest dwarfen drinking song.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

His gauntlet also has SIGMAR across the knuckles and his belt says KARL FRANZ.

Kruber is so Imperial his poo poo has a skull motif.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I wasn't too hot on greathammer for soldier until I ran a Ramparts using my new blue one earlier.

Holy poo poo. With the bonus stamina and chance to instant kill on hit I might keep using it over shields unless the map is really tricky. Its push seems pretty large too!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

toasterwarrior posted:

If they want a playable Orc, they need only leverage the End Times setting. Old grudges fade when the end of the world itself is right in your face.

If the Grudge is fading that just means you need to re-ink it in the book. :black101: I'm not sure even the literal end of the world would make dwarves give up their grudges.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mikedawson posted:

Been playing the beta a bit and noticed Krueber now says "A lovely draught! :)" when drinking a draught.

I'm glad he acquired a taste for it. It's the small comforts in a terrible rat/chaos apocalypse that matter.

I've also heard "Yep, you're still no ale" so it's more of a grudging realization that it's all he has left. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

The lack of weapon stats and information compared to the first game is baffling.

Yeah, the barebones tooltips are pretty bad. It's nice that you can go test things on dummies to see how they work, but a lot of things (half of Sienna's staves, Bardin's secondary drakefire pistol attack) just plain don't show numbers so who even knows what they're doing!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how do i kill stormvermin in not thirty minutes?

I told you azumgi, go for the eyes.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This all goes back to "Kerillian is the elf equivalent of an edgy, angsty teenager who tries to act more mature than she really is" which is a good character flaw imo. She's not the ancient, mysterious elf archetype, she just thinks she is.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally got around to messing with Saltzpyre and unlocked Bounty Hunter, my god is Locked and Loaded satisfying to use. And can carve off a huge chunk of a bosses HP if you have his auto-crit ranged cooldown up too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

A new thread means a new thread title right? Because I'm personally a fan of Vermintide 2: Finding Dawri.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vermintide 2: Okri's Eleven. Or four.

I like dwarf pun titles okay leave me alone.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well the sidearm changes are one way to make sure I don't have the rapier welded into my melee slot at all times while playing as non-Zealot Saltzpyre. Now I at least have a reason to play with the other fun weapons like the greatsword and flail now. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Martout posted:

then again I just got two orange and a blue out of a pleb box so box quality and rarity seems like more of a crapshoot than ranalds gift

The last two Emperor boxes I've gotten have had nothing but whites and I think maybe a green, meanwhile my commendation just gave me two blues.

Nurgle ain't poo poo, Nuffle's the one you gotta watch out for.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Digirat posted:

Both me and mzbundifund randomly heard a saltzpyre line during a game where there was no saltzpyre. lol

I've heard Sienna use a Saltzpyre line that was complimenting her. poo poo's weird right now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Coolguye posted:

yeah people get REALLY offended when you say you shouldn’t snag grims for some reason

If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and rustle up a trinket with curse resistance. Even 10% will leave you with closer to half your health when both grims are picked up, and it only gets better from there. Very helpful.

I got a trinket with 33% curse resist and that motherfucker is staying welded into that slot until the cows come home.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Seeing as the Elf is somehow even more obnoxious this go around (Nice shot-NO NEED TA CELEBRATE LAMBAHFATS) there should be a dedicated key binding for the other four hero’s that lets them slap the back of the Elf’s head that makes her stop talking. End of round stats can have a “Number or Elf head slaps” counter too

But then each round would just devolve into constantly slapping the elf and no work would get done.

... I'm weirdly okay with this.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fatshark please let players each play different career paths of the same character so I can have three Bardins and an elf for the ultimate shade-throwing session.

Also let me literally throw the Shade, preferably down a well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Please let the first Heroic Deed be 4 Slayer Bardins. Preferably with double boss spawns.

Four Slayers, nothing but rat ogre spawns.

Mr. Roger's Slayer-hood.

• Locked thread