Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The combat reminds me of Dark Messiah with things such as kicking rat men into a fire pit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzj6EeFi_7U
Tell me there is clubs somewhere in this game.

Well the human soldier gets a massive warhammer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

The elf is clearly the odd one out. The Golden Trio are bro's kept in check by their fanatical overlord, the Witch Hunter (gently caress witch hunters). He's cool to play though, easily my favorite. There's nothing better than using a charged attack to stab a stormvermin in the face and, if it survives, following it up with a pistol shot.

Yeah the rapier is one of the funniest things to use in the game with the headshot stab.

kabob rat heads all day long

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm thinking of buying Vermintide, it looks cool and it seems to have a lot of positive hype. I'm wondering if this is something I should pre-order or wait for the Holiday sale (and patches) on. For reference, I'm currently dumping my time into Witcher 3 and don't necessarily want to derail that AGAIN.

It's pretty fun right now but has a pile of technical problems.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Kruber is exactly as awesome as his mustache.

He's my favorite hero

also hope DLC has this guy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I feel sorry for those rat slavs.

It's like if someone kidnapped a nerd and threw them into a warzone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fans posted:

Left 4 Dead just asked a lot less of you. Zombies are dumb and don't ambush. In the first game you could camp a corner until the end of time if you wanted and absolutely nothing could move you. There's very few places in Vermintide where you're that safe, even if you took out all the specials.

Yeah the Skaven are more dangerous since they have a wider variety of specials, especially annoying ranged specials.

You have gunners that chip away health if you leave them alive and you have the annoying poison throwers to prevent camping in one spot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The whole morale system is really hilarious seeing the skaven go from a frenzied mob to begging for their lives.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

melee feels fine to me, and headshotting dudes with the harquebus is super satisfying

cut rat tails off all day long

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ellbent posted:

I don't care what anyone says, the overhead swing on the mace/shield or hammer/shield is awesome. I love to bonk rats on the head. Bonk.

The death animations and gore are pretty fun in the game.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's exactly as possible as having a dark elf and high elf in the same party, because absolutely everyone who isn't Chaos or Skaven is fighting the Chaos gods. Black orcs and dwarves are both intelligent enough to team up and fight a bigger threat.

It also needs to happen so we can have a party made up of a high elf, dark elf, dwarf and black orc and have every single exchange of dialogue be pure, venomous, scornful snark.

The only canon since is the orc and dwarf fist bumping before going to curb stomp some ratmen together.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Javelins would be pretty cool, and if we have a Witch Hunter who has 50 pistols hidden in his coat somehow, why not an Elf with a few dozen pointy sticks?

Witch Hunter is probably amazing at shoplifting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TwatHammer posted:

Rolled a 7/7 and got a red hat and by god its glorious.

you need a crazy hat to go with his mustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slayer class would be better, game would be much improved by adding in some dwarf half naked goodness and also mohawks

• Locked thread