Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

YggiDee posted:

My only opposition to the shorts is a matter of climate, I'm too far north to not have long pants.

Would you accept Oscars {EVIL} branded baggy pants/kilt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

IMJack posted:

an arms race, forever

:discourse:

The book is titled Breaker of Infinities, so this Infinite Jagganoth is likely every iteration of him from previous cycles combining into one glorious final form. It also backs up his feeling of inevitable victory, as every time the cycle begins anew, he gets stronger and stronger.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

“I’m here for the Red Eyed King!” proclaimed Aesma.

“The King shall ne’er see the lands above again,” said one of the saints. “He has proclaimed his enmity against the forces of good in clear terms. He is a sun swallower and a world destroyer, a tyrant and a demon of pure malevolence.”

“He sounds dreamy,” said Aesma, “when can I see him?”

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

YggiDee posted:

My only opposition to the shorts is a matter of climate, I'm too far north to not have long pants.

That fabric looks like it'd make a great robe.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hell fuckin yeah

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Allison's terrible body image persona: Ooooo. Spanx. Now this is...personal.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean... does Aspected C. even want to fight this guy?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if she didn't then she wouldn't have raised the arena into low orbit

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
gently caress.... gently caress, he summoned shorts, he could've been clothed this entire time, but choose not to be. What could this mean for our protagonists?!

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

MinutePirateBug posted:

gently caress.... gently caress, he summoned shorts, he could've been clothed this entire time, but choose not to be. What could this mean for our protagonists?!

Hasn't Cio just recently changed out of her handmaid smock by lying an outfit into existence? And I guess Allicio by some definition willed into existence a new outfit to go with her new body. The Clothes Beam has always existed, Alison just hasn't mastered that trick yet.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The unstoppable move:

Ross's Fluorescent Illumination: 3-Fold Mirror

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

nimby posted:

This is going to end with Infinite Jagganoth beating up Aspected Chaos, then cornering all the demiurges while Gog-Agog is still clowning around. Allison will then get the brilliant dumbest-assest idea to suck Gog-Agog into the Voltron to fight infinities with infinities. Somehow this works out perfectly.

This is a terrible idea and I so badly want it to happen

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

rannum posted:

The next 6 pages are all splash pages of everyone else's war forms
I'm perfectly okay with that.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Soup du Jour posted:

I seriously want those shorts though

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

If he was saving Jagganoth's nameplate for this, what the hell is Jadis going to-
...acceptable. (Though I'd hope for the Rebuild version.)

(Also, wild guess; Jagganoth does his "destroy the multiverse and assume it'll come back better" thing in every cycle, and that's the sole reason why Metatron and Zoss have to keep rewinding. It'd fit with the "self-inflicted prison" thing the demiurges tend to have going on.)

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 2, 2021

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't see any ears on Jagg's new form to flick a worm into, but plenty of eyes/mouths/nose-holes if those are an option :unsmigghh:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I feel like we've collectively been trying to memory hole the fifth arc poster. Shouldn't we be theorizing from that?

How does Jadis get out of her ice block? Why does she have a shadow doppelganger? What's Gog all grumpy about? What made Allison lose an eye and an arm?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 1, 2021

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm going to go with "Jagannoth going sicko mode and Aspected Chaos trying to do something about it"

Alternatively, the eye and arm have nothing to do with this encounter, and it's the result of a training montage from hell overseen by *checks notes* Jadis and Maya.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 1, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Should also note Jaggs has 2 eyes blazing in the cover too.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I still don't think she's losing an arm, that's just armor of pretty much the same type Oscar gave her way back when

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Quantum Toast posted:

(Also, wild guess; Jagganoth does his "destroy the multiverse and assume it'll come back better" thing in every cycle, and that's the sole reason why Metatron and Zoss have to keep rewinding. It'd fit with the "self-inflicted prison" thing the demiurges tend to have going on.)

This makes a lot of sense. It does account for the hole in Jagganoth's plan of how exactly he thinks he will get around the universe rewinding (he doesn't, he makes this mistake every time.) It also dovetails neatly with a lot of the comic's themes: Zoss has been spending countless cycles trying to find a bigger badass to save the world through violence but there is always a bigger badass and more violence. You cannot break the cycle of violence through applying more violence. So now he's trying something different.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

This makes a lot of sense. It does account for the hole in Jagganoth's plan of how exactly he thinks he will get around the universe rewinding (he doesn't, he makes this mistake every time.) It also dovetails neatly with a lot of the comic's themes: Zoss has been spending countless cycles trying to find a bigger badass to save the world through violence but there is always a bigger badass and more violence. You cannot break the cycle of violence through applying more violence. So now he's trying something different.

lol it would be extremely fitting if he does this smug "only i am aware of the cycle and can break it" thing every time

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I feel like we've collectively been trying to memory hole the fifth arc poster. Shouldn't we be theorizing from that?

How does Jadis get out of her ice block? Why does she have a shadow doppelganger? What's Gog all grumpy about? What made Allison lose an eye and an arm?

Yeah Jagg seems to end up with one of Allison's eyes for some reason. My hot prediction is that Jadis knows some way around this whole war god situation and that's what breaks her ice and they get some time to stall.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dracula Factory posted:

Yeah Jagg seems to end up with one of Allison's eyes for some reason.

Oh that's obviously some sort of Freaky Friday situation.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

the holy poopacy posted:

eke out posted:

lol it would be extremely fitting if he does this smug "only i am aware of the cycle and can break it" thing every time

theory: he successfully destroys the universe yet again this time and the final reboot leads to Alison training with Maya at that point

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jagg successfully steals Allison's key of kings, but Allison cuts her own eye into a new key of kings.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Maybe Zoss wanted in on some voltron action too

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dracula Factory posted:

Yeah Jagg seems to end up with one of Allison's eyes for some reason. My hot prediction is that Jadis knows some way around this whole war god situation and that's what breaks her ice and they get some time to stall.

or its a flash back to her back story

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

coolusername posted:

I’m voting for some sort of seal getting broken and him getting a new character design that’s a hundred times more complex... not based on story or lore but because Abaddon has yet to see an opportunity to do that and NOT take it, when instead he could add a thousand limbs or ribbons or a new army in a glorious act of artistic self-flagellation

I’m not even saying “called it” because much like the cycles of time or the rule of violence, Abaddon adding more complexity is an inevitability.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Now imagine title page Jaggs having tea.

All those crates of cups suddenly make a lot of sense

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

the holy poopacy posted:

that's my sense too. jagganoth is bearer of the word Blade, a man subsumed by the sword and literally born of the Cut. of all creatures on the Wheel, he's the truest embodiment and representation of sword law, which makes him an unparalleled idiot

it'd also firmly put jadis on allison's side, because as long as jaggs keeps making the wheel turn it's impossible for her to die

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

GreyjoyBastard posted:

theory: he successfully destroys the universe yet again this time and the final reboot leads to Alison training with Maya at that point

What does Maya actually have to teach Allison that would be useful? She's a drunken burnout consumed by revenge whose only life skill is overwhelming violence.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Grouchio posted:

That's not a missing arm that's Zoss' gauntlet, even has the elbow tree

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

That's not a missing arm that's Zoss' gauntlet, even has the elbow tree

Zoss' armor isn't armor, it's a prosthetic.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Reclaimer posted:

What does Maya actually have to teach Allison that would be useful? She's a drunken burnout consumed by revenge whose only life skill is overwhelming violence.

And noodles, can’t forget noodles

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Skippy McPants posted:

Zoss' armor isn't armor, it's a prosthetic.

Wait, where was this established?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Wait, where was this established?

Pretty sure in White chain's recounting of the First Conquest, Zoss is wearing just a robe but is clearly flesh and robed with a wooden arm visible.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Reclaimer posted:

That running away from your power because you can't find a way to use it for change doesn't actually help you or anyone else.

Also that you can use a hairpin to cut angels.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Pretty sure in White chain's recounting of the First Conquest, Zoss is wearing just a robe but is clearly flesh and robed with a wooden arm visible.

And you will note that throughout the story when he appears to Allison, he has gone from having a wooden arm to having a wooden body because now everything except his head is a prosthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm kind of in two minds about that theory, because on the one hand a full body prosthetic is a fuckin sick-rear end concept and just rules on its face, but on the other it sort of undermines the coolness of Zoss continuing to run around doing things after being killed because it provides a very mechanical explanation for how that's possible, ie that having his head cut off by 6JS was a mere inconvenience because said head was already detached from his original body.

On the third hand (I don't know how many hands I have but more than two is perfectly appropriate for this setting) the new information we have about the wheel being stuck in a relatively straightforward time loop* which Zoss stands somewhat outside of in that he retains knowledge of it maybe takes it back to the first position where Zoss' physical condition is kind of irrelevant to him being able to show up wherever and whenever he wants, and the idea of him not having a body becomes just a cool detail again? idk

*as opposed the more Wheel Of Time-esque grand thematic loop where the broad strokes of history repeat themselves in abstract but the specifics change every time, which is what I thought we were dealing with before because that's also the kind of loop suggested by the Indian mythology this story draws from