Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hostile V posted:

Thank you for also being an extra bitch, Gog-Agog. I would join your worm church (or "wurch") to listen to you deliver raw-rear end lines like that on a weekly basis.

Please, it is called a Churm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
imo gog's rant makes it less likely in my mind that the audience is wormed, because she's saying that she knows they don't need to be

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

pseudorandom name posted:

Please, it is called a Churm.
:colbert: Spoken like a true Easter and Christmas wurch-goer.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tarezax posted:

imo gog's rant makes it less likely in my mind that the audience is wormed, because she's saying that she knows they don't need to be

I think the crucial thing we need to see discussed now is, basically, whether Gog-Agog is right - that the people are just a 'mass' no different from a huge pile of worms, just an endless spectacle-devouring mindless beast. It's the flipside of Solomon David's ideology of the singular ruler, the Great Men vs. the mindless Masses. Gog is far more cynical about his people than Solomon is, and I hope the comic is as interested in breaking with her image of the world as it is with Solomon's. Hers hasn't gotten as much space to build up, though, which is a shame.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Crowd isn’t wormed, just orgasmicly ecstatic

This is like 17776 if Game 96249 suddenly had Washington break the ball free of the gorge in Arizona after 13000 years

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Brought To You By posted:

I'm waiting for him to actually say it because this can still go a couple different ways.

Same. There's still plenty of time for this to go very south.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

'And then WORMS' would be the absolutely laziest and worst way to end this.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

M_Gargantua posted:

This is like 17776 if Game 96249 suddenly had Washington break the ball free of the gorge in Arizona after 13000 years

And then they go ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It seems extremely in-character for Gog to massively exaggerate the extent of her reach and influence, so I'm not really expecting Oops, All Worms! either.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I love this.

She wins, and since she didn’t actually draw blood from him, she got the bonus “gently caress you” of winning without winning by Solomon’s rules.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ConfusedUs posted:

And then they go ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham

On one of the worm planets gog-agog eternally plays football with and against herself to broadcast 24/7 on her WormESPN

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wait, so...

... Is White Chain...

... The emperor now?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gog-Agog: "Solomon Dave, you live in a society."
Solomon David: "gently caress."

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Empress

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

M_Gargantua posted:

This is a nigh perfect comparison.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

The "mass" Gog refers to isn't the audience, or the population of Rayuba.

She's about to go World-Devourer, I'm calling it.

Nah, that's just her philosophy. Solomon David is the kingliest of kings, and compared to his invincible strength, all of the citizens of the Celestial Empire are worms - whether or not they've literally become part of Gog-Agog's biomass. It takes all his power to rule his people, and the very second he shows the slightest vulnerability, it's a reversal - now he has to do what they want.

White Chain's blow did not draw blood. According to his own law, she didn't win. But gods don't get punched in the face. The people are calling her the winner, and he can't defy them, not if he wants to remain a king. So really, who's in charge here?

Gog-Agog would say that the people are in charge because they compelled Solomon David to do their bidding. That's open to interpretation, but she is literally the embodiment of that belief. No one rules Gog-Agog, after all.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If you could execute ki rata techniques irl what would you do with this power

pants certain persons i don't like on live tv

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait, so...

... Is White Chain...

... The emperor now?

I suppose if that's what she wishes for, but the only prize was a wish. (It'd be interesting to see what he'd do in a theoretical scenario where someone beat him, then made a wish that could not be fulfilled by him being the emperor and/or ki rata. Like "cure my [family member]'s cancer" or some poo poo)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I suppose if that's what she wishes for, but the only prize was a wish. (It'd be interesting to see what he'd do in a theoretical scenario where someone beat him, then made a wish that could not be fulfilled by him being the emperor and/or ki rata. Like "cure my [family member]'s cancer" or some poo poo)

I guess he'd have to use his Key of Kings, in that case.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Maybe the part we're supposed to hate is Dave joining the party in an earnest search for Royalty and an end to the Cycle, and White Chain stays behind ruling the Celestial Empire

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

TwoPair posted:

"Cure cancer" is totally something an invincible god-emperor could do. I'm sure there are incredibly talented doctors and/or sorcerers at his beck and call at any moment.

I'm hoping that White Chain's wish is for something he can do, but isn't becoming the new empress. So she just walks away with her new miracle body, and Solomon is left with his empire intact, and with the knowledge that he's not actually all-powerful within it.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Wouldn’t she wish for the ability to leave with her crew plus Zaid? That’s the whole point anyway.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

I guess he'd have to use his Key of Kings, in that case.

ha ha yeah I did kind of forget about the loving point of the story overall, didn't I?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

THE EMPRESS HAS NO CLOTHES!!!

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait, so...

... Is White Chain...

... The emperor now?

He’s going to say, “well you beat me so I’m abdicating in favor of you.”
Then White Chain says “I don’t want to be a ruler so I refuse to accept the position.”
And then we go back to the beginning of this Book where the bureaucrats are in a tizzy because there’s no real succession plan.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

wow. I thought of a few ways to do damage control, but I didn't think Solomon had it in him to even look like he conceded.

ehhhhh, is this gonna be the part we hate, Solomon following up with "nah, actually I win" and wrecking whitechain or something else happening to ruin the moment? hope not.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Arcanuse posted:

wow. I thought of a few ways to do damage control, but I didn't think Solomon had it in him to even look like he conceded.

ehhhhh, is this gonna be the part we hate, Solomon following up with "nah, actually I win" and wrecking whitechain or something else happening to ruin the moment? hope not.

That would go completely against the image he's built for himself of the wise and just god-king. He won't do it for the reason Gog is spelling out - he's constrained by the will of the people.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Solomon David will be the first Demiurge to learn to lose.

His people, having watched their God lose but not break, no longer worship him but now respect him. Rather than working themselves to death to favor their emperor, they work and improve themselves to be more like their leader.

SD finally attains an heir worth handing the keys of the empire to: the people as a whole.

He didn't even have to get dropped into a raging river like some other weakass God-Emperors.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

THE EMPRESS HAS NO CLOTHES!!!

Don't be silly, that's just really high end fine fabric that anyone of common blood is unable to perceive.

White Chain is actually garbed in a very fine ball gown.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well there is one thing she could wish for that'd certainly put Solomon back on the spot (Just to go out into the weeds);

"Give me your Key".

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tarezax posted:

That would go completely against the image he's built for himself of the wise and just god-king. He won't do it for the reason Gog is spelling out - he's constrained by the will of the people.

I think it would be consistent with his image because his whole problem is that he regards himself as too necessary for the Celestial Empire as a whole and the reason for it's stability and prosperity. I think Solomon will just dial his desire for control up to 11 and try to force people to accept the actual truth contrary to what the masses perceive as the truth. Because in the end this man is way to sure in his ability to keep things under control and right now that's being tested. Although it's still completely possible that Solomon has far more self awareness than any other Demiurge and actually is just cutting his losses and conceding defeat.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

if i got ki rata i would literally just. Steal

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Solomon David learns how to do White Chain's angel-to-human trick in reverse, and becomes 1 Solomon David Accepts The L.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Huh, that was fast.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Gog-Agog: "Solomon Dave, you live in a society."
Solomon David: "gently caress."

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Eat poo poo salami

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

ElMaligno posted:

Eat poo poo salami

I'd rather not

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don’t think this makes him more self-aware than Incubus, but clearly his principle of maintaining order has trumped his principles regarding laws. Just not in the way we expected.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
There's a dark souls 2 cyclops in the audience and I am absolutely here for him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

Why couldn't cancer be cured by ki-rata? Perfect surgery - total tumor removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I suppose the tumor is gone along with the rest of the body as it explodes in a mess of gore.