Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Wanamingo posted:

My grandpa was one of those people you read about, who suffer a head injury and then their personality completely changes. Apparently one night he was doing some (probably drunken) late-night snowmobiling and he crashed into a tree. He was airlifted out, and then later went into a coma. Apparently when he woke up he was just absolutely nuts. He was angry all the time, would start getting abusive, and things like that. It eventually peaked when he tried to kill himself by burning down his house, with him inside of it. He called 911 before starting the fire, but he lived in the rear end end of the Colorado mountains at the time. When the first officer arrived the building was in flames, and my grandpa was standing at the window waving around a gun. Eventually he passed out from smoke inhalation, and because nobody else had arrived on scene yet, the cop ran in and pulled him out. He survived the ordeal, my grandma got half the insurance payout on the house, and I don't know what happened to my grandpa after that other than the fact that he eventually drank himself to death.

This happened sometime back in the late 60s/early 70s, and even though my grandma is still alive, I've never once talked with her about this. All this information came from my mom, who I'm pretty sure was living on her own at the time.

Posts like these really concern me because i was in a bad car accident two months ago and smashed my face up, but never went to the ER because I had a sick puppy in the car that needed treatment and I worry that one day my brain will suddnakskbajwhqaaaaaaaggghhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

METATERREN posted:

Also we're so pitiably poor that the familial elders can't pay for the most recent generation's college tuition and living expenses.

My goal is to get it all back in today's money.. and then some!

I'm going to kick your rear end

• Locked thread