Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Any specific examples of Homeland being racist or whatever? Genuinely curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

buddhanc posted:

I may be totally offbase here, but isn't there some serious recourse for saying you're going to release classified documents and then following through? Or is it just the original source of the leak that faces consequences?

In today's world, everything related to leaking info is illegal unless the government says so. They would just hold Ms. Reporter in a tiny, bright cell in some supermax prison until she gave up her source.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

buddhanc posted:

I think executing her was put on the table as soon as she murdered her case officer and let the attack go forward. If she would've kept to her original story, they probably would've tried to flip her or throw her in a hole until an opportunity for an exchange came up with the Russians.

I think the people taking her to Russia probably had some sort of diplomatic immunity. If they confronted them directly, it might cause an "incident."

• Locked thread