Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Good episode. My conspiracy spidey senses are tingling big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

Nah, lets not. Someone asked about examples of Homeland being racist and I provided one.

There are so many iconic Pakistani things you could choose for a promo poster, there is absolutely no reason to get racist with it. Imagine the outcry if the inevitable Israel season is going to end up with the same promo poster, but the burkha women replaced with crook-nosed orthodox jews trying to sell Carrie a loan refinancing. I mean, it would be hilarious, but just as racist.

But anyway, I don't want to poo poo up this poor thread, so I'm out.

You sound like the worst IMO. Thus weeks show was intense. I have a feeling quinn is going to debrief carrie / provide protection at a second location where the CIA can't find her. And something sinister is going on with Saul and the lady- I think there's more to her than we've been shown so far.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

This is getting pretty drat intense. They really have Saul set up nice and tight and Dar is going to snatch him up soon.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That episode was seriously intense and really had a great build to it. I'm absolutely hooked again. I don't think Saul and Dar are playing the station chief lady.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

She doesn't know who's on the other side of the phone. She heard "da" and a couple other words maybe and the call ended. Not enough to ID someone unless you know them quite well and are expecting them to be double agents.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 9, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I feel like next week is going to be a breaking point for a bunch of characters. poo poo's about to explode big time

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I thought Allison was originally an SVR plant who rose up through the ranks of the CIA. Kind of surprised to learn that she was recruited/blackmailed into being a mole. There's going to be some serious cat and mouse between the Russians and Carrie now that Allison's cover has been blown. I wonder if she'll cooperate with Carrie or mount up behind the SVR.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

Why did Nasari end up going to Banana Joe's if that whole plan was just to set up Alison to get her to work with the Russians? He could have gone anywhere after his death was faked

To get the best daiquiri in the world of course.

e- beaten by seconds

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I didn't see the preview for next week's episode, but I can't imagine Dar buying that line of garbage from Allison. That would be way too simple a play. There's got to be something more in the works.

Fantastic episode.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Gonz posted:

I'm just glad that this season features a heaping helping of in-depth spycraft.

Yeah I like the spy craft and reading about its validity afterwards with that doctor fella who does in depth reviews on the wall street journal. It seems this season is pretty close to a plausible scenario in the American and European intelligence worlds.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Neba posted:

After his exposure, Quinn becomes even more deadly with the ability to breathe pure Sarin gas on his terrorist enemies. :barf:

I would love to see a spin off mini series of Quinn's time in Syria doing the whole black ops thing. It would be cool to see an accurate depiction of intelligence gathering in a war zone, especially since it's the actual war going on right now in Syria.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That reporter lady has got to be the most insufferable person in this show. Nothing to do with her civil rights arguments blah blah blah, it's the way she looks at everyone and hounds anyone within five feet of her conversation.

Anyways, there's probably going to be a serious rift between Otto and Saul coming up here quickly. Did we ever fully learn what Saul's problem was with Otto in the past? I can't quite remember. I have a feeling the reporter lady is going to end up in the middle of something quite serious and she'll likely make a terrible mistake relating to a suspect / witness / informant etc. I also don't think Allison can weasel her way out fully from the accusations, Saul and Carrie and Dar might run some game on her and catch her cleaning up loose ends when she gets a moment to herself.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was loving intense. I'm fairly certain allison is going to get popped here pretty soon, either by a svr operative or the BND / CIA. Also, that reporter lady is still loving toxic.

e- I understand what she's trying to do and I'm totally down with it, but her default mode is scorched loving earth instantly when she feels slighted in any way. It's like she turns into reporter hulk and drops a bomb on everything. If she could show a bit of sensitivity and leeway, I'm sure she'd get a more desirable result for her problems.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 14, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I may be totally offbase here, but isn't there some serious recourse for saying you're going to release classified documents and then following through? Or is it just the original source of the leak that faces consequences?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was a drat good season of television. Hopefully they can come back strong again next year if they're going to be renewed.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Quinn needs to just be dead. Dude got shot, gassed, forced back to life, and a major hematoma. This is Jack Bauer/24 levels of recovery already, if they bring him back in any capacity (other than a cameo or two showing him in some form of rehab/recovery) I'd be a little annoyed. MAYBE next season runs across some old footprints of his and they try to get him to remember, but goddamn. I really thought Carrie was going to smother him when she took the monitoring thing off his finger.

Overall though, good season, not great. Pacing felt a little strange at times, and I was really surprised that Saul had Allison executed - seems a little out of character for him, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think executing her was put on the table as soon as she murdered her case officer and let the attack go forward. If she would've kept to her original story, they probably would've tried to flip her or throw her in a hole until an opportunity for an exchange came up with the Russians.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

nickmeister posted:

I think the people taking her to Russia probably had some sort of diplomatic immunity. If they confronted them directly, it might cause an "incident."

Oh, I didn't think of that. I figured the Russians would use some mafia guys to smuggle her out so they can keep some deniability in place, but the diplomatic immunity makes sense. Just shoot em in the dark and disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

jfood posted:

I'm pretty sure dudes who run a pipeline for teenage prostitutes are in the plausible deniability camp, not attached to the foreign office.

Oh poo poo I forgot about that. Yeah they were definitely mafia guys contracted out by the SVR.

• Locked thread