Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I remembered this one, and was able to find it from googleing "fox news bar graph"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The first one makes sense?

The second one is great though.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Rumda posted:

Na the diagram implies they got everything they wanted but the fact that they're suing implies the opposite.

Ah, yes I'm dumb.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

It does get the information across, just in the least convenient way possible.

Who originally made this?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

We Have Met the Enemy and He Is PowerPoint

A PowerPoint diagram meant to portray the complexity of American strategy in Afghanistan certainly succeeded in that aim.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

The awful part is that they don't use an equal-area projection, right?

Yeah using the proper projection I think you'd get more at the equator, or rather more between the two tropics than outside of it.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

willus posted:

this reminds me of that middle east strategy one that got posted earlier in the thread

This is actually a good chart that is clear to read. It is very busy but conveys the info pretty well.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The temperature has gone up by like 3 degrees (scale is too small to see properly, but something like that anyway).

That's quite a lot. Good graph.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I like this.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I don't understand everyone's reaction to this. Sales dip after 9/11. So? Or is it something completely unrelated that I'm missing?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Jenga, the game about a tower falling down, had a pretty big dip in sales after 9/11. It's kind of funny.

Well now I feel dumb.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tree Goat posted:

wrap it up, non-gamers

What sort of novels is this person reading for them to be more expensive per hour than a movie in a theatre?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

From a Huffpo article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-santens/humanity-needs-universal-_b_9599198.html

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I understand what they're trying to get across here, despite the language and the enraging pie chart.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Author name Tyler Durden :jerkbag:

You're 7 years late on that one.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

This doesn't seem that bad, just requiring some explanation. The top part makes a sort of sense.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I feel like Randall Munroe is phoning it in at this point:

People love to hate on xkcd on these boards, and for once I'll agree. They've been extremely weak lately.

Though it was only some weeks ago we got this one:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Read Snigfut posted:

Here's the source for all the graphs I posted. There's a staggering amount of content on there with disappointingly awful graphs between the racist/sexist/antisemitic diatribes, while the amusingly awful graphs are few and far between.

I'm sure whoever put Koko on there thought they were being clever, but the rest of it seems perfectly sincere.

I don't think this is real. Stereotypically bad stuff like "TRUTH@!" makes it seem fake.

Though there is an awful lot of content for satire that nobody's gonna read.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Cross-posting from the Middle East thread:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

EU as a country, I guess? And that the UK isn't included in it.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Is there a source for that graph? I find it hilarious, and I'd love to see it in the wild.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Pakled posted:

Rods to the hogshead or nothing.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

vyelkin posted:

When I think of three political stances that should be tightly grouped together, I think of Barack Obama, Josef Stalin, and the Taliban.

It took a lot of effort not to laugh out loud in my office at this.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe it's Jeff Waters? He's a loving beast.

More importantly though, how did they come up with the Israel's number? I thought they were still not acknowledging having any officially.

There are various estimates, though I have no idea how these were made. I usually see numbers between 50 and 200.

Also, that Jeff thing reminds me of the character Raven from Snowcrash. Guy is wired so that if heart stops, it sends a signal to detonate the nuke he keeps in his motorcycles side-car. Badass.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Phanatic posted:

I just really like the idea of the electorate collectively saying "Nah, gently caress you guys, come back to us with someone better."

Yeah. This is actually a very important result that should be recognized.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

This brought back a memory from my adolescence, where a friend and I were wondering what the decimal point meant. We figured 1 was a death, and the decimals were degrees of injured.

No this doesn't make sense, but I find it funny that I was talking about this with a friend back in the day, and that I remember it pretty well.

Also, great movie.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The best part is all the comments being complaints about how bad a chart it is.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tumblr of scotch posted:

These are some of the weirdest dildos I've ever seen

I actually really like these, but I'd like them a lot more if I thought they were drawn according to any sort of logical system for all those shapes.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Letmebefrank posted:

Swedish is accurate though

So is the Canadian one, including with a bit of divergence at the end, so when the deal is done there's always some sort of followup question.

I couldn't point to any part of the chart and say why its accurate though. I want a legend, or a scale or something.

The Italian and Finnish ones are great.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

That this can show up as a physical thing in the world worries me greatly.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I understand this concept and I still screw up all the time when trying to do the math in my head quickly. It's one of those things that people seem to be very poorly wired to handle.

Yes. I know this, but it means I usually have to double check my work when using numbers like this because about half the time I'll gently caress it up.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'm not sure what Blender is, but the name is appropriate for whatever it is I'm looking at here.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I wonder if "'ve" to "of" is a thing outside the U.S. as well?

It is extremely common in Canada.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

When looking at Lawful Good I keep seeing Stalin's face.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'm the Anti-Fascist Fascists.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

Didn't you know that the people telling you that you can't be a fascist are the real fascists?

I get that people dislike antifas tactics; indeed I think it normal that people don't like masked hooligans doing much of anything. But the only similarities they share with fascists (using violence for political means) is shared by pretty well every other ideology as well, certainly the more radical/reactionary ones.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Let's see if we can get this thread ontopic again by scraping the latest gems from wtfviz.

I quite like this one. Make it so that you can tell the colours apart and it becomes useful. Using the slope to indicate change is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

kinda creepy that the ad promotes brainwashing, i didnt realize back when... anyway the best commercials w incongruous western poo poo are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcwSRi43MRE

(turn annotations on for this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOoSe2K5DU

Nah check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jw6Nusk288

They're both famous MMA fighters who made their careers in Japan.