Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I spared Terry and then quit soon after because the combat dragged on too much. i'm probably going to give it another shot and coming off of Undertale I can't bring myself to do what you must:

Kill Terry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

thevoiceofdog posted:

I also wanted to get some feedback about the reading I did during the tower of patience. Was it funny? Would people want to hear more? Was it worth extending the tower of patience by like two minutes? Because there's a lot more where that came from if so.

It made me want to go find and read that book.

It was also perfectly in-tone and did you pick that passage on purpose because of the guy painting the Inn white?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Fun thing about Carp: Since this is an RPG Maker game, that means his debuffs are differentiated in the code from proper status effects, and actually come in two intensities based on how many times you apply them. They're also percentile-based! At least, I think they are, there could have been some insane scripting nonsense done to make them flat bonuses, but LISA doesn't seem to do too much special with the damage calculations built-in to the system.

Speaking of which, Carp, Nern and Olan seems like it'd be a party worth having.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

This is the part that kinda bothers me about the choice, honestly. It feels incredibly out of character that Brad wouldn't just sacrifice three people without a moment's hesitation to protect buddy, what with the whole path of destruction and murder he already paved to save her. Yet where Brad spent the last ten or twelve years raising her the player only saw her for a good ten minutes, while they spent significantly more time with their favorite party members. It feels like a choice where Brad would sacrifice three bozos that probably forced themselves into his company to protect his surrogate daughter, but a player would feel more strongly about their three heaviest hitters than pick a choice that barely affects them regarding a character they probably have no emotional connection to. That is, if they don't reload to game the system by just sacrificing their three least favorite characters anyway.

I took it to mean that maybe, just maybe, Brad is starting to wake up and care more about other people. That the game let you spare Rick and Sticky also made me feel like that was the case.

Far, far too late, of course. It wouldn't be LISA if Brad redeemed himself in any reasonable capacity.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Okay, so trying to protect the closest thing you have to a relative from riding the rape train straight to hell is "selfish and obsessive". I think you drat near reached peak goon here.

Less that Brad is the worst and more that Brad is flawed as hell, dangerous even. You see the way he treats Buddy? Yelling commands at her, being weird and possessive, constantly going on about how she's his 'second chance'. Brad isn't thinking of anybody but himself, just because he's the least lovely person in Olathe doesn't mean he isn't lovely.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

I finished Apathy & Other Small Victories the other day, I'm really happy this LP inspired me to buy it.

It's a really good book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Welp, that's another person who, ignoring reasonable advice, is gonna hate LISA soon.

• Locked thread