Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Why did you put glad in quotes

Well I mean it's also a little weird to say 'I'm glad that group of orphans got burned to ash' like, in general, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

youcallthatatwist posted:

That comment about Lisa being the worst person is reaaaalllly strange, although I haven't played Joyful so I don't know if she gets more character development there. What has she even done so far in this game? The only thing I know about her is the two-sentence summary of Lisa The First I've read: one of Austin's followup tweets in that convo implies that she was evil for committing suicide, which...is not a great perspective, imo.

Also it doesn't sound like thinks Buddy is a bad person? Just a bad character, which I can understand, since we spend so little time learning about her.

Yeah, honestly, the fact that half his answers were just 'who knows? tee hee' when questioned about why, exactly, she was the worst person makes me think he was just trying to be mysterious and dramatic. Like, we've met a lot of worst persons. We've met serial killers and cultist mutants and rapists and crazed gangs. Unless Lisa was somehow responsible for, I don't know, a triple-apocalypse or something??

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

LashLightning posted:

Am I missing something or am I just crazy in thinking that Brad isn't as bad as thought? I mean, Marty is still a bigger rear end in a top hat than he is by leagues, it's impossible to "save" humanity with one woman alone and would Rando really keep Buddy safer than Brad?

I never really saw Brad as a malicious person so much as a very stubborn one with no idea how to relate to people, who hurts others unintentionally (and, uh, intentionally, by fireballing them to death, but). It's important to remember that nobody in LISA is really unbiased. Of course Buddy is going to say that Brad is the worst - she's young and doesn't know much, especially since she's lived in a basement all her life. Of course Buzzo is going to say Brad is the worst, he... ??? something. He has some real personal motivation, that much is clear.

Anyway, it all just strikes me as very unfortunate. Brad is leagues better than Marty as a dad because he's not actively, horribly and intentionally abusive all of the time, but he's not a great dad because he keeps his secret daughter locked in the basement. On the other hand, he keeps his secret daughter locked in the basement so she won't get assaulted and murdered, which honestly she probably would be. We've seen what the dudes out there are like. I feel like he wouldn't do it in a pre-apocalyptic world, but who can say for sure? And regardless of his dad skills, he's doomed from the start because Joy.

• Locked thread