Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Search on soundcloud for dmx hair club. That one isn't as well put together? Pretty sure something is different about the one on YouTube, might be by someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

thevoiceofdog posted:

Search on soundcloud for dmx hair club. That one isn't as well put together? Pretty sure something is different about the one on YouTube, might be by someone else

This one?

https://soundcloud.com/sudsmcfuddle/dmx-hair-club

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Watching part 4 of the Pain Mode stream now, who is the other cameo in Brad's karate class flashback from the swamp?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

C-Euro posted:

Watching part 4 of the Pain Mode stream now, who is the other cameo in Brad's karate class flashback from the swamp?

To say it would be spoilers for Joyful

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Let's just say that if Brad wasn't who he was, that person wouldn't be who they were.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

C-Euro posted:

It's indeed something spelled out in Joyful but you can certainly figure it out if you peer enough at it.

I mean I figured out the connection and I didn't even notice that the guy who clawed up Buddy's face was Sticky's dad, the park ranger looking guy you see in the beginning of the game and in that cave, nor did I notice the even more plot-critical connection in flashbacks

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's indeed something spelled out in Joyful but you can certainly figure it out if you peer enough at it.

I mean I figured out the connection and I didn't even notice that the guy who clawed up Buddy's face was Sticky's dad, the park ranger looking guy you see in the beginning of the game and in that cave, nor did I notice the even more plot-critical connection in flashbacks

The thing with Sticky's dad didn't hit me till the end of the game when I saw he knew Brad's name, and not only that, he called him Bradley. I think Columbo is the only other one who does that. After that I realized the same guy's hanging out in the intro and that cave that Buddy is hiding in.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Any particular reason why part 7 of the stream is unavailable?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Samovar posted:

Any particular reason why part 7 of the stream is unavailable?
Works fine for me.

I was hoping you'd replace Bo with Terry at some point, and you did. Well, for five seconds, at least, then he got massacred by the motorcycle gang. So long, Bo, you and your full-team heal was too good for this post-apocalyptic world (and would have really come in handy against the chief who guarded the tree... that's a much harder fight in Pain mode).

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Not really anything I can do, YT copyright. Unless there's some other place I can host it?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

thevoiceofdog posted:

Not really anything I can do, YT copyright. Unless there's some other place I can host it?

Dailymotion is still around and works for things like that as far as I know.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Found in PYF Awesome Fanart.

The source is this persons twitter full of Lisa related things, some spoilery.

https://twitter.com/_Piperfog

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
i like that the guy who sells weapons:

1) Is named "Chester".
2) Is an armoirer. An armorer who carries his inventory in an armoire.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Gyra_Solune posted:

Yeah I think I have an idea, but I'll sit on it. Also that appearance by Sticky's dad at the end of the game was super out of left field, was there some payout that I missed?

And what DID happen to Green Ranger? So many mysteries in the wasteland.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god i wish you could skip the opening cutscene. I went to start a new game and twice in a row i loving accidentally picked pain mode.

Also, I'm using a controller to play so i added little arrows to the WASD icons in the spritesheet because my brain just can't seem to connect the letters with the directions because i'm a dipshit.

Painful: https://i.imgur.com/XLMl4l8.png
Joyful: https://i.imgur.com/tBN6o0F.png

Just save those over the IconSet.png file in the Graphics\System folder.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 14, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

And what DID happen to Green Ranger?
I remember someone in the thread saying that they go over this in Joyful.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Oh my god i wish you could skip the opening cutscene. I went to start a new game and twice in a row i loving accidentally picked pain mode.

Also, I'm using a controller to play so i added little arrows to the WASD icons in the spritesheet because my brain just can't seem to connect the letters with the directions because i'm a dipshit.

Painful: https://i.imgur.com/XLMl4l8.png
Joyful: https://i.imgur.com/tBN6o0F.png

Just save those over the IconSet.png file in the Graphics\System folder.

Neato, what's the Q for? I don't remember hitting Q in battle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm surprised Pain mode doesn't also unflag Brad's unkillable flag.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Harvey noooooo :smith:

I guess at that point in the game it doesn't matter, but if you still had stuff to do I wouldn't blame you for getting Fly to replace him, since he also has a status effect attack.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

it is posted:

Neato, what's the Q for? I don't remember hitting Q in battle.

I don't think it's ever used??

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Thank you for this LP, as Painful as it was. I'm interested in seeing where Joyful goes from here.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone mind spoiling the reference to the other kid in Brads class? I cant figure out the connection

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone mind spoiling the reference to the other kid in Brads class? I cant figure out the connection

it's bernard/buzzo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
gently caress

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Boy this is a hosed up game. Hats off for getting through Pain mode, I wish it gave you a little more extra plot meat but those bits it did give you...woof.

Looking forward to Joyful, any guess as to when you'll start that?

E: Do we know Brad's age at any point in this story? He says he's been "dead" for 35 years but he seems like he should be older than that, based on how he looks during pre-Flash sequences vs in-game and the ages of the characters around him (Buddy, kid Rando vs Rando Rando etc.)

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 16, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

olathe degenerated really fuckin fast

And i dont remember if this was already said but Joy was already in use pre-flash.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I just jumped right to watching the last episode of the Pain Mode run (good work, btw). Does anyone have an estimate of where the flashback of the kids occurs in the Pain Mode run? I'll probably watch the whole thing eventually, but I don't have time to at the moment. I just want to see what they were talking about at the end.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And i dont remember if this was already said but Joy was already in use pre-flash.

Especially given that the Flash appears to have also caused violent upheavals in the landscape.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I didn't have the heart to play through Painful while knowing how bad Brad was going to gently caress everyone over so I took a crack at Joyful myself and lost the first proper fight by a landslide.

I would not do well in the apocalypse.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Its interesting how the one person in the post-flash world who isn't a complete and total gently caress-up is also the one person that Brad showed kindness to as an adult (Rando. Rando is the one person who wasn't a complete gently caress up). Also, does the post-Pain credits scene mean that Brad had originally adopted Rando?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

Its interesting how the one person in the post-flash world who isn't a complete and total gently caress-up is also the one person that Brad showed kindness to as an adult (Rando. Rando is the one person who wasn't a complete gently caress up). Also, does the post-Pain credits scene mean that Brad had originally adopted Rando?

Yes. Rando explicitly says so to Buddy a little ways into Joyful.

Also Rando is a fuckup, but for different reasons than most of the other men in Olathe. The Armstrongs have a legacy of being fuckups to uphold, after all.

I'm still playing through Joyful but I got some thoughts about it so far.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 16, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So you mean to tell that on top of everything else, Brad went completely bald at age 35?

Man, dude really does have it rough.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

C-Euro posted:

So you mean to tell that on top of everything else, Brad went completely bald at age 35?

My dad was Brad Bald (Brald?) by age 30. His fraternal twin was that bald by 24. Neither of them went on to become murder mutants, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

(I am 34 and don't even have a receding hairline. :chord: )

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

My sister's first serious boyfriend had extremely thin hair at 23. The men on my mom's side of the family are mostly bald.

Luckily, I've got my dad's hair genes, and my hair becomes Jewfro-y after a couple of months. My dad is 68 years old and has the most hair of anyone his age I've ever seen.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

C-Euro posted:

You know those before and after pics of crack addicts? Joy is a hell of a drug.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Joy ends up giving you a hell of a lot more mass than crack and meth, at least.

I watched footage of the Joy lab during the original playthrough, but the info you get from the Joyless ending adds a pretty disturbing new twist on it.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 17, 2017

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

At least he died a hero, and not Russian Roulette trash.

Am I missing something or am I just crazy in thinking that Brad isn't as bad as thought? I mean, Marty is still a bigger rear end in a top hat than he is by leagues, it's impossible to "save" humanity with one woman alone and would Rando really keep Buddy safer than Brad?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

LashLightning posted:

Am I missing something or am I just crazy in thinking that Brad isn't as bad as thought? I mean, Marty is still a bigger rear end in a top hat than he is by leagues, it's impossible to "save" humanity with one woman alone and would Rando really keep Buddy safer than Brad?

By my interpretation, Brad is right for the wrong reasons. Yeah, it's not possible to save humanity with just Buddy, but he's not trying to rescue her because of that. He's trying to rescue her because of what she represents - his second chance at being the hero, the role model that protects his family from harm. And by putting her in that box of designated victim that he needs to protect, Buddy doesn't get to grow up or live her own life. By accident, Brad is continuing the cycle of abuse, just because he doesn't know any different.

As for Rando keeping Buddy safe, I don't know? The guy is bar none the best person in Olathe (in my opinion), but on the other hand we've already seen that once his back is turned his gang actively goes against his orders.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GeneralYeti posted:

By my interpretation, Brad is right for the wrong reasons. Yeah, it's not possible to save humanity with just Buddy, but he's not trying to rescue her because of that. He's trying to rescue her because of what she represents - his second chance at being the hero, the role model that protects his family from harm. And by putting her in that box of designated victim that he needs to protect, Buddy doesn't get to grow up or live her own life. By accident, Brad is continuing the cycle of abuse, just because he doesn't know any different.

As for Rando keeping Buddy safe, I don't know? The guy is bar none the best person in Olathe (in my opinion), but on the other hand we've already seen that once his back is turned his gang actively goes against his orders.

Rando would do his absolute best to protect Buddy, but he can only be so vigilant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
The problem is that Buddy very clearly demonstrates a strong willpower in the later parts of the game. Rando is... Well, he never demonstrates any sort of ability to keep people in line. Which, inevitably, means Buddy would end up getting herself in trouble that Rando might not be able to pull her out of.

• Locked thread