Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

A
FGHL

Theantero posted:

M: Our name is Thorgrim Ironscript.

N: Our 'guild' shall be the Ironscript Tyrannofauna Extermination Company, or ITEC for short. Clear, professional and to the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

DF

JIHGK

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Theantero posted:

Cool battle plan but no, since our plan was to capture and interrogate a guy not kill the first guy that comes out. We should take advantage of our surprise and the fact this person is alone. Let's have Konnie at B4 and have him sneak up on the guy, do the whole 'put a knife on his throat from behind' shtick, threaten him to be either silent or dead etc. and then take him to another location where we can interrogate him. Will post other locations later, since I feel them less relevant at the moment.

Let's do this.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

BUM BUM BUM BUMMMMMM

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'm melted by you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!
I give my life

Not for honor, but for goo (Sludge Eater!)
In my time there'll be no one else
Slime, it's the way I die to you (Sludge Eater!)
I'm still in a dream, Sludge Eater!
Someday you go through the gunk,
And someday you get harassed by a tree frog,
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new blight
I give my life
Not for honor, but for goo (Sludge Eater!)
In my time there'll be no one else
Slime, it's the way I die to you (Sludge Eater!)
I'm still in a dream, Sludge Eater
I'm still in a dream, Sludge Eater
(Sludge Eater...)

We need to get paid, so let's go with A for now. Has Tommy recovered yet?

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 3, 2015

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

I am unsure of the monetary or training value of D, seeing as how it is apparently easy enough for children to do.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

I'll admit A is super risky, but we really need the cash.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

F: Maintenance.
Repairing everyday damage to your facilities, company payroll etc. Expect morale drop or worse unless this gets one point per recruit each month. Since you are just starting out, your recruits have agreed to put off their first paycheck by one month. Thus you require twelve thirteen, with frog lady points in this category by next month, although everyone would be pleasantly surprised if you got it to them earlier.

We're behind on wages! We have 6 wealth out of the required 13 right now, if I'm not mistaken.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Whoops, I was mistaken. I thought the stuff on wages was from the beginning of month one, not month two. I'll change my vote to C. We still don't really have a handle on our teams' skills and this could be a good opportunity to find out. Plus hunting monsters probably isn't the best of ideas since Tommy is still healing.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Theantero posted:

Ok so a brilliant plan:

Konnie seems to be the lightest of us (well, except Skvababt but she is too far away) Have Khami tie his chain around Konnie, then have Konnie advance into the clearing and throw the lit oil at the creature (or where-ever we think it is), and then have him retreat. If the monster tries weird spacetime pulling shenanigans, we can just pull Konnie back as a group. Or at least try to.

Now I admit this is very dangerous and possibly dumb, but it at least gives us a failsafe if things go wrong. Also, plan Nyaa is unfeasible, since I doubt we are that accurate.

Seems like a p. good plan.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

IRC posted:

<Roland> Are owlbears known to be pack or solitary type creatures
<Thaumocrates> We can probably assume Kvelar told you about this in his spiel
<Thaumocrates> Not packs but pairs
<Thaumocrates> they mate for life

Do not go into the cave!

Theantero posted:

Hmm the plan to sneak up on a monster after we were rather explicitly told it would be near impossible to sneak up on has ended predictably.

Have our archers shoot it, tell Khami to distract it with the chain, tell melee fighters to close in, adopt defensive stance.

Votin' this.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Theantero posted:

BATTLE PLAN:

Sounds like a solid plan to me!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Everybody with a ranged weapon (or nearby rocks), shoot it at the FOOF, followed by EVASIVE MANEUVERS.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

If this lake is in fact a giant wad of slime/money, do we actually have any legal right to harvest/profit from it?

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

I'm beginning to worry we've developed a Pastry Problem.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

B

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

AF

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

B

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

1. A, because we need money and SLIMES are involved.
2. L

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

SLIMES SLIMES SLIMES SLIMES ! ! !

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Pasting info on skeletoads here.

quote:

Skeletoads, as they are commonly referred to, are a local nuisance, according to Khami. They are large, monstrous toads with a withered body, about the size of a greyhound that hunt in packs of three to five, usually at night, and make their nests in caves along the river.
As far as monsters go, they can be considered of average danger. Ie; more then enough to kill some unarmed Citizen that wanders into their territory, but not enough of a threat on their own to warrant more than a standing bounty for enterprising monster hunters.
Of special note is their ability to jump large distances, their large teeth dripping with poison, and their long, sharp and whip-like tongues. Despite their ghastly appearance, they are very much alive and can be killed easily enough if you can get a hold of them.
They are amphibious, but have no special resistances. When fighting them, ranged attacks are preferred, to negate their reach advantage, but if melee must be entered then pole-arms, nets or scourges are wise to bring in order to negate their mobility

How much is Skeletoad antidote? Even though we've got some range it would be prudent to have some.