Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Throw a bottle of oil at G6, if it covers something invisible, throw a torch to lit it.

Area effect weapons, the best weapon aganist invisible monsters. Do we have any bags of sawdust, fine grain, or any other type of powder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

FIIIIIIIGHT!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I,N

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Indeed B. We want to get debts out of the way ASAP: A prosperous business is rarely in debt (in this medieval world, at least. I'm assuming the debt market isn't that advanced yet. )

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

So have we not eaten any of the cupcakes yet or was that included under "good food" which we enjoyed? If we ate any, did they do anything?

I agree that Sockne seems like our best bet for another job. The other place is gonna be too crowded with competitors. I still feel like we should try to set aside one full week every month solely for training purposes unless we desperately need that time for other matters (scrabbling for cash, etc). We've skated by so far but each time save the old lady's house we've wound up with at least one person taking a good hit. Our coordination and teamwork tactics need some refinement. Think of it like an investment, the better we can train ourselves and avoid injury the less we have to pay the church.

So Sockne first. This time let's make sure our people are reasonably well-equipped before heading out...I don't mean purchasing anything so much as "let's all ensure that our people have a standard basic monster hunter's kit on them" so we can actually try things like the "throw flour on the invisible monster" trick which nearly didn't pan out. Flaming oil, some rope, a small pouch of flour, charcoal and parchment, etc. Dare we carry the vials we got? It's all fun and games until someone gets hit and their bottle of superacid breaks.

For those unaware on the strength of our new superacid, look below

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2010/02/23/things_i_wont_work_with_dioxygen_difluoride

Highlights: spontaneous explosions at -180C!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Bring one bottle of FOOF (dioxygen diflouride's displayed formula)

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

C

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

C

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B We have that lovely flask of FOOF ready to kill anything it shatters on, ambush time!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

On a chemistry point, FOOF shouldn't create that big an explosion - Its not under much pressure, so the gas release wouldn't be hugely explosive (it will explode, but no giant fireball). The problem is that it explodes, then leaves behind fluorine gas, which is hella toxic and reactive. So it creates a explosion, then leaves behind a acidic/toxic gas which will melt anything left behind. And given that Fluorine gas is heavier than air, the cave is going to be a no-go zone long after we lob the FOOF down it.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

D WWRD?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A go and look for horses now, while they are close by. Once we've found them, investigate the cave

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

1. B: Tell the villigers it's there, but don't fetch it for them
2. No
3. G
4. Yes
5. H. Lets see if we can sell the cubs at Gruw

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Toughy posted:

Realize the cubs are not for us and sell them if they'll cover our expenses and then some.
Try and sell the cubs, yes

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

AE We'vw got no offers for the cuba yet, and Konnie needs some new daggers, so might aswell clear two birds with one stone.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Theantero posted:

Intriguing.

Also yeah, let's have another trippy cupcake interlude, why not?

Sure, worked last time.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Nyaa posted:

fly to mine to check on rival team

This

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

1. "Guys, We're going to clear the mines. Those wierd gnomish cupcakes allowed me to scout out the place in an astral projection: Expect kobolds and traps everywhere

2. Head straight north, to the mines

How many torches, other sources of underground lighting do we have? Enough for an extended period underground?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

BC

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A No time to waste rescuing prisoners from kobolds, and we can rest in shifts on the way over.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

BE We know the prisoner is down there, and from what we've heard of his adventure, they are all in the mine, or at least their leader will be.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Wasn't that guy we dream-spoke to behind a similar door?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

E get back to our body ASAP

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

HBar posted:

F: Tie a directional figure 8 knot, isolating the weakness in a loop.

Then keep following the rope if the pull is still too weak.

This

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Grognan posted:

oh christ we're the possessed now .

C: WE HAVE DIVERTED THE FEL SPIRITS BUT THEY STILL WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING, PLEASE USE ALL SAFETY MEASURE AS WE WILL BE USING MOLTEN METAL TO MAKE WHAT THEY NEED. WE JUST NEED MOLTEN METAL, GET THE FIRECREWS READY.

This, but add on the end: IT MIGHT BE A GOLEM: BE READY TO CONTAIN IT WITH MINIMAL DAMAGE

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

AC

We have Paperwork to do back home. Besides, we can come back in a week or so: most jobs arn't that urgent anyways.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B,O

The blockade is in Braav, and if we talk to the ship captain/church of Quakeen, we can bolt our ballista to the ship, and sail upriver to fight this monster, using our ballista for heavy support.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Waci posted:

BCGJ

The good will of the people is useful, but we need money.

This

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Try and get contracts with both church and captain.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Also we have a big 30 wealth payment due in 6 months I believe from our loans.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Oh great, we're fighting a monster which emits a low-level agitant I guess A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

nothingtoseehere

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 28, 2016

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A: stay behind on the siege arbalest, send a few others to rescue who we can. Info is always good.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B seems reasonable.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Grognan posted:

It might need to be real if it is psychic. I recommend picking the least physically able to disrupt operations and tell them they aren't getting paid. Let the others in on it so they know to restrain them when they lose their poo poo. A real argument will draw it out

A: Arbalest Q16 Kevlar mans it, he has some experience with a crossbow. Khami Spots.

C: Tell Abigal she ain't getting paid and have the brothers restrain her until the snake gets here

This

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I, for one, think we should kill the snake.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A Shoot it again: Maybe that was just the setup?

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 7, 2016

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

C well shooting it again didn't have any affect,might aswell throw some orders around

EDIT: Use Theantero's orders

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

Shoot it with the ballista.

good idea to me.