Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

I've just caught up with this thread after finding it through an ad in the last week. Great stuff!

I was really excited to get caught up and share my great idea of using Dwarf birthing practices to separate back out our souls, but then dang Agent Muld'ha'ir went and said it himself.

To the current situation, I noticed in the last update that we didn't look at the ammo counter. Are we sure we're about to shoot a real javelin? I really don't want to get us haunted by a dire wolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Absolutely make the first move

Wolves are fast. If they're on the move, there's no way we'll be able to get a bead on one with ##Nåzom Stėgeth##, so we get one shot at this. That Dire Wolf will tear us apart if it gets close.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

If we had some way of refracting/scattering the soulbolts of ##Nåzom Stegėth## we could have a AOE soul-ripper. Not only does it leave bodies unharmed, it also leaves them alive but docile, so they could be continuously harvested of venoms and other secretions.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Cornuto posted:

Do we though? I feel like our past medic was useless as poo poo, complained a lot, and never really healed anyone.

A field medic isn't a magical healer. Their primary job is to stabilize people until they can get comprehensive treatment, in this case from some godly miracles most likely.

The fact that nobody died (except for Kvelar, RIP) after getting pretty severely shot, stabbed, and bashed is testament to his usefulness.

In any case, I think having inroads with the local urchin community could be pretty helpful. I'm in favor of hiring Gwendolyn, with the understanding that the main goal of her employ is to tap into the urchin whisper network. We can give her martial training but she definitely won't be useful on hunts for a long time. We should lay this out for her and see how she feels about it.

Lars might have some use to bolster our ranks but I think our cash flow isn't wide enough to pick up more than one new employee right now.

The other two seem like they'd be more trouble than they're worth.

We should make A, a cellar for storage purposes. We'll want to be harvesting monster parts as we hunt and the opportunities to use or sell them might not be immediate.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Slaan posted:

Has the ballista ever done anything good for us? Mostly seems useless or actively detrimental to me

I agree with this, but mainly because we've used it in very stupid ways. See also: FOOF.

It should be used to take out hardened targets, and unless there's a very specific call to sunder something's soul from its body, it should never be used in magic mode.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Good lord why are we taking the ragamuffin into this death trap?

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

D These three are attempting to keep us from escaping while the fourth one goes to get reinforcements. If that happens you'll be swarmed and it's game over.

Arrange yourself and Khami towards the three vespids with you, Gwendalyn in the middle, and Skvababt facing the tunnel. Skvababt should try to disable the fleeing vespid while you and Khami disable the ones here on the ledge.

Priority one is to stop these four from alerting any more vespids. That probably means taking down the one in the tunnel altogether and starting off by trying to take out the wings of the ones here. Maybe Khami can aim chain attacks at their wings.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

This is magic stuff. We're an idiot if we deal with it in mundane terms.

Eat a cupcake

This is interesting but there's no need to go full vision quest. Can we eat just enough of a cupcake to see the glimmer of things' souls, which should be sufficient to pick out the living mimic amongst the other items in the warehouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Worst case scenario, we could pray for clemency from Lolth and use our Sacrifice Sense to suss out the monster.

Haven't we been told specifically that Lolth was getting pissed off that we kept checking if things were good sacrifices and then when told yes not sacrificing them?