Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I haven't watched IBO S2 myself. I know the lack of deaths have been mentioned, but something that also bugged me about the S1 ending was Orga getting away scot-free by treating Tekkadan members as expendable tools just like the adults they used to work for. Naze even told him he did good, IIRC, which was pretty messed up.

Really, I wished Biscuit survived to the end and had a falling out with Orga over his actions so that there would've been some kind of consequence from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Raxivace posted:

Alright who's everyone's worst Gundam character?

Like Naze is real bad but I think I still hate Beecha the most.

I kind of find Beecha amusing in that it's like having early-Zeta Kamille with them. The guy did a lot of things Kamille would've, like hijack a mobile suit just to terrorize an MP that hit him, or pick a fight (and get his rear end kicked) by Wong Lee. :v:

The character I find to be the worst would be Shino from IBO. He's completely pointless since everyone else already does what he can, but better. Orga has a better drama about the burdens of leadership, Akihiro is already the less talented pilot who works hard to keep up with the others, Eugene's better at the girl-crazy thing since he doesn't constantly boast how he wants to tap someone. The only thing he's got going for him is that Yamagi pines for him, but that's really more Yamagi's deal than anything.

The fact someone as expendable as Shino survived S1 while Biscuit didn't is what really sours me on him.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

Shino... Shino's a guy in the wrong genre. He's a super robot pilot. Thinks as little as possible, yells as loud as possible, a friend to all except the enemy who he can kill without regret, blindly oblivious to his obvious love interest. He's innocent in a weird way most of Tekkadan pointedly isn't.

Huh, that's actually a pretty good point. I was too focused on how he was aping other people's thing that I missed that. The only Gundam character I know with a similar deal was Katz, and look how that turned out. :v: I still don't like him, but now I really need to make time for S2 after reading yours and ImpAtom's spoilers. :laffo:

And I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Frost Brothers yet.

Regarding Mao, I feel like the writers added him so that Sei would realize he can get creative with Gunplas. And now that Sei's made progress, they don't know how to improve on Mao without making Sei look like a chump at building creative Gunpla. He's basically a prop for Sei to look better.

Really, they should have went full-ham with Mao and his builds. Give us Heavymoon Gundam who shoots Satellite Cannons out of its every surface, give us Nobeargguy Gundam and punish you in the name of the moon.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

A bit late to the best character chat, but mine is definitely Haman. :swoon:

Haman has got the best outfits and the most stylish mobile suit. :kamina: Her VA is fantastic, and Silent Voice is a pretty good villain song. She's cunning and incredibly competent and her plan to get into power actually worked. Like, the only reason the remnants of the AEUG even stood a chance was because they had the Gundam team, and Haman was later busy dealing with a sudden uprising from that loving creep Glemy.

That, and there's this tragic side to her. For all her success, it still feels shallow since she doesn't have any meaningful human connections. She's only got subordinates, and her Newtype senses are practically screaming at her to find a friend. But in the end of the series her pride can't reconcile that finally reaching out to Judau would mean living with everything she's worked hard for in ruins, so she chose to destroy herself.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, she had it easier since the Federation had decided to ramp up their usual self destructive, morally bankrupt, and idiotic tendencies to somewhere around twelve.

Like, the Char's Counterattack era Federation, the one that goes "You dropped a colony on us! Here. Have a colony in exchange for saying you won't drop it on us. No crossing your fingers now!" is a massive step up in competence.

Yeah, that's true. Giving carte blanche to the Titans has got to be one of the most boneheaded decisions ever made. But Haman's crafty enough that she could still run rings around the Federation by CCA.

And I really liked the scene in ZZ where Bright introduced Judau to the Federation leaders. They're having a fancy dinner and laughing when Dublin had just had a colony drop over it and Judau just snaps. Dude leaps up the table and starts wrecking poo poo and calling them out for being such colossal awful gently caress-ups. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Kanos posted:

The events of Zeta were effectively a giant civil war in the Federation between two factions who had pretty much all of the Federation's trained pilots and cutting-edge military hardware, and both of them pretty much annihilated each other while leaving the Axis Fleet entirely intact.

Pretty much this. It's not that they don't want to fight, it's more that they don't have much forces left to fight back. I don't remember clearly, but was it shown that the Federation were trying to secretly rebuild their forces while they were negotiating the surrender, or did they really leave everything up to the Nahel Argama?

And how in the world did Glemy of all people got that much clout in the first place? I know there's the story of him being a stand-in for Char since Char was going to appear in CCA, but was there any in-universe explanation why they'd follow a creep like him?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Christ, even when they've basically won Zeon still found a way to screw themselves over. :psyduck:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

A Garma of Space Island OVA is my wish if we're getting Origin.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

chumbler posted:

Mr. Ral (age 35) is the actual best character in BF, even over Fellini.

FTFY.

I watched BF super late, like right about the time Try was airing. I was still a lurker then but when I read all posts how Try (and mostly Sekai) was bad/underwhelming, I decided to skip watching it, so thanks for that goons. :)

There's a few thing I'd want out of a hypothetical BF3. Drop assimilation and GunPla damage into the toilet, and the increase the stakes again. Maybe they could borrow G Gundam's idea, where countries will representatives to duke it out and decide who will be the next leader of the UN.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Speaking of Kai, I've read that in one of the routes in G Generation DS he becomes some sort of Newtype Übermensch? Does anyone know what's up with that? I've not seen any source that goes into detail about it,other than it being a story AU where Amuro dies during 0079.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

There is so much you can still explore in the UC, and going out of their way to return to Moon Moon is just the dumbest, most pointless thing I can think of.

Hell, I honestly thought it was a photoshop at first, because of how much people typically hate Moon Moon.

Really, the only way they could probably make this not terrible is to embrace the dumbness of the setting. Go full Indiana Jones with Bright Noa standing in for Indy's dad. Make this a race between the protagonist and some Neo Neo Zeon thugs to find the Gundam in Moon Moon. And end it with the Gundam being activated and evaporating everyone with its beam cannon. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

tsob posted:

I would be so down for a non-giant robot war story in an established UC setting. A SoL show about some civvies in the mid UC0090s and how living a colony works for them with a short mention of how Char's Counterattack or Unicorn affects their lives, a spy show set in AD, a show about engineers in CC; whatever. Just exploring some established settings further through non-mobile suits hows.

So basically Garma on Space Island? :v:

As for Build Divers, the prologue episode looked neat! I thought Rommel's team deserved the win, what with the guy actually coming up with solid tactics against Kyoya's team. Honestly, I call bullshit at Kyoya not being melted by that Hyper Mega Cannon shot. The team aspect seems better this time, so that makes me cautiously optimistic.

I'm guessing the VR setting is so the animators can have fun coming up with various designs for the characters.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

I figured he used the guy who tried to grab him as a shield, Mikazuki-style.

The other guy had Kyoya pinned down in a specific spot knowing they'd both get hit dead on by the Hyper Mega Cannon. The shot itself was large enough and lasted long enough that it should've destroyed anything it hit. So it was just really weird that the other guy's suit got completely vaporized while Kyoya's suit only suffered heavy damage. Rommel completely outplayed Kyoya there, imo.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed their token hotblooded idiot teammate didn't get shot down from how he always kept rushing ahead. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Fin Funnel/Bit Shield ate the rest of the beam, it's why they shattered.

Huh, good catch there. It just seemed like Kyoya had no time to react at all in the shot where the beam was heading his way.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Sorry to barge in on the discussion, but GundamInfo just uploaded the F91 movie on their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvQj8-mN3yQ

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

I really need to read more Gundam manga, I don't think I've read anything other than Crossbone Gundam, and even there only the translated part (gently caress, Ghost is still not translated). I keep telling myself to read the Astray ones but I still haven't and I don't even know how to read it considering it has a million things that apparently sometimes happen at the same time or something? But Astray is so cool in SRWW that I really want to read it at some point.

Oh, I also read some Glory of Losers but stopped rather early. It seemed like an interesting Wing remake if nothing else, and I love how it upgrades the Heavyarms to MORE GUNS.

I don't know what other Gundam manga are good. I accept recommendations.

Other than what's been mentioned, definitely check out Gundam: The Origin manga, Garma of Space Island and Gundam Sousei.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Trailer for Narrative is up on GundamInfo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac_yRqcNsnw

Maybe it's just me, but the suit designs seem kind of gaudy? Like it seems there's a lot of pointy edges on them.

I'm hoping they go with something different with the story, but it's a Unicorn sequel so my expectations are pretty low on that.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

And the reindeer can fly because their souls aren't bound by gravity. The math checks out!

And Santa uses his Newtype powers to bond with kids and see into their soul if they've been naughty or nice. Santa is the UC's strongest Newtype, confirmed.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

ZZ has a variant - the Queen Mansa is functionally invincible, so they get rid of it by Newtyping one pilot until she no longer wants to fight, and sniping the other one when he tries to disembark and escape. And yeah, pilots routinely die from trauma in IBO. Carta is one of the most prominent examples.

Roux was the one who sniped Glemy, right?

She and Elle were some of the best parts of ZZ.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pureauthor posted:

There's a gag in SRWX where the Captial Army from G-Reco rebuild the ZZ because 'look at the specs on this thing! it's gotta be some kind of monster superweapon!'

And then the first time they actually put a pilot in it he can't steer the machine for nuts because it's the hunk of cobbled together bullshit that is the ZZ and Judau (fighting on the opposite side) has to yell out instructions just so the pilot doesn't crash and kill himself.

This is amazing. Thank you for mentioning this. :allears:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Elle holding in check the entire Neo Zeon army in a Gundam Mark 2 on her own, offscreen.

I call bullshit that Elle doesn't have incredible stats and Newtype LV9 in SRW games. She's the ZZ crew's secret ace for pulling that off.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

HitTheTargets posted:

Honestly? I'm thinking it's the Dom suits.

:golfclap:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Maybe I just missed it or it was the subs I used, but where in Zeta was the Biosensor ever mentioned?

brainwrinkle posted:

I do think Kamille's arc is consistent and tragic though. Watching him try to mentor Katz like Quattro mentored him ... oof.

I like Katz. He fucks up, but he's still a good kid at heart who just wants to help fight and overthrow the fascists. The tragedy with him is that he thinks he's in a goofy Tomino show where things work out somehow, rather than being in, well, Zeta.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

It isn't. Its abilities come out of nowhere and with no explanation beyond "Kamille's just that powerful of a Newtype". I'm not even sure where or when the Biosensor was properly introduced.

It's weird because I don't think it's ever mentioned by name in ZZ either. I wonder if the Biosensor was mentioned in an interview, or maybe it was text on the side of a GunPla box.

Lord Koth posted:

To get back onto the original point, for me at least the problem with Zeta is the beginning. Yes, there's character growth and all eventually, but Camille just starts at such a ludicrously stupid and unrelateable point that it just kills the immersion or any desire to watch more of. Like, Camille is the oldest of the mainline Gundam series protagonists at 17 (yes, I know Domon's older, but G Gundam really is its own thing), and yet is the most childish to such a ludicrous extend it's absurd. You don't reach that age with THAT much blatant acting out at a hair trigger without parents with significant pull - which he does not have.

I dunno, a friend who keeps shouting your name, a name you absolutely hate and have asked her not to do so for ages, repeatedly in public seems like it'd get on your nerves quick. Not to mention wanting to punch fascists and cops is super relateable in this day and age.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So I finished watching all of the Origin movies on GundamInfo. It's pretty amazing, and makes me wish they'd continue to adapt all of the Origin manga into a series.

Here's some random thoughts on it:
- A lot of the good parents like Don Teabolo, Astraia and the Aznables get a raw loving deal. Don Teabolo is a saint for all the poo poo Jimba Ral probably put him throughout the years.
- Char is one traitorous rear end in a top hat and kind of a sociopath, huh? I think the subplot between him and Lino is original to the movies too.
- Also, Char's idea of infiltrating the Zabis by standing out as much as possible is hilariously on-brand for him. Hell, Dozle even knows Char has to be the one to spur Garma to pull of the Dawn Rebellion. There is no subtlety to this guy. :lol:
- Seeing Dozle and Zenna together is kinda weird. I guess it's because Zenna's smiling and trying not to freak out when Dozle is being his usual loud self.
- They did an amazing job conveying the terror of everything about Operation British. I'm also curious how much they told Garma about that operation.
- Garma Zabi being a mess of social anxiety and wanting to make himself useful for his family is so relatable. :v:
- The animated fights have a certain floatiness in them, which kinda looks cool. I'm not sure if it's a stylistic choice or because they're sticking close to the action scenes in the manga.
- It's also weird and sad seeing a lot of these characters and knowing they're gonna dies in MSG. Ramba Ral and Crowley Hamon deserved better. :(

I ended the movies with a lot of respect for Sayla. She went through a whole lot of loss and sorrow, but she never came out of it hating anyone. She's a way stronger person than Char could ever hope to be, that's for sure.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Something I noticed while watching the Origin movies with a friend who has no experience with Gundam is just how little explanation is given to you about the world. Going by the first movie, it doesn't really give you much of an explanation about the Earth Federation, about Spacenoids or why they're in colonies, about what the Federation does to Spacenoids or why Deikun wants independence for Side 3.

The OVAs really rely on you to be a Gundam fan to get what's going on. It's kind of why I'm worried about the TV series version of the OVAs that'll air on Toonami might turn off viewers who don't know much about the UC.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Raxivace posted:

Yeah that's what happens when you do a (Mostly) straight adaptation of a manga arc that was never meant to stand on its own without any context.

The OVA's just kind of assume you're already familiar with the First Gundam story, something the manga very much goes out of its way not to do.

It's unfaithful fidelity.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't think you really need a lot of context for the OYW in 0079, since it's not the story of the OYW, but the story of Amuro within the war. There's been a mountain of material written about the conflict in the ensuing forty years so there's a lot for people to dig into if they want to follow the setting more closely, but the premise of "space war giant robots get in the Gundam" with incidental references to past events is really all you need to get by with watching the OG series.

These are really good ways of putting it. I think the main thing is that you need the context of the Federation having Spacenoids under their thumb to get why Deikun wanting independence is so important, or why Zeon is so desperate to go to war. I just really like the Origin OVAs, and I'm just worried it's gonna get cut up into chunks for the TV series and won't have anything added to help ease people new to Gundam.

Warmachine posted:

Honestly The Origin's depiction of Deikum makes me think of the mistake other fiction makes of "showing the monster." What makes him (and thinks like Reapers in Mass Effect, or Kyros in Tyranny) so fascinating is how little you know about them. They're mythical creatures with no reliable source information, but great cultural significance. When the mystique surrounding them is stripped away and they are 'shown,' the audience can't project their own versions of the myth on them, and suddenly they become something knowable.

When they are knowable, they cease to be larger than life because Deikum is just a crazy philosopher. I think it would have been better if they had just started with his death. Leave the mystique in place, since that isn't the significant part of The Origin.

I kind of like how they handled Deikun on a meta level. There's probably some folks who take the "Zeon was right" way too seriously, so showing that their SpaceJesus was actually a rambling philosopher who would've gone to war anyway puts a dent on them trying to justify that Zeon is in the right or something.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

The ZZ Gundam is hilarious because every single weapon and feature it has is wastefully overpowered and overengineered.

The ZZ isn't quite OYW Zeon suits in terms of being a death trap, but anyone who's not a powerful Newtype is gonna have a hard time piloting it. I love the part where Beecha takes out the ZZ Gundam and is just completely confused how the gently caress Judau was even able to make it move.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's kind of weird G-Reco wasn't uploaded in GundamInfo, what with it having a lot of the modern series there.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

I would pay to see this parody image turned into a real thing one shot episode.

I approve of Grampa Bright's salmon pink coat.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

HitTheTargets posted:

Which Gundam character is closest to Tidus in the FF10 laughing scene?

Off the top of my head, I think Garrod's "TIFA, I BELIEVE IN GOD" ranks up there.

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's also a paranoid cosnpiracy guy, who just happens to be right.

Man, in that hypothetical OYW/Eva crossover, he wouldn't trust NERV and be looking into what's going on.

In the Origin manga, I always thought it was weird how Amuro never seems to suspect the tests the doctors at Jaburo were running on him. I figured he'd throw away the pills they were giving him without Sayla pointing it out.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

Or, to use an actual example, the Build Divers prologue is kind of fun, but sets up all the wrong expectations for the show and barely introduces you to anything that's going to be relevant. Meanwhile, the actual pilot is boring, but it sets up the "real" main characters, the premise, and the tone much better. Even when it's easy to say which is the better episode, the better pilot is a more difficult question.

I really wanted to like BD, but gave up watching a couple episodes before the ending. :( It had a cool setting, good side characters and swanky suit designs. I even thought Riku's drive to constantly improve was pretty good. But the end product just didn't gel well together and melted into a pile of wasted potential thanks to the hamfisted living AI plot.

Wark Say posted:

Tomokazu Seki is voicing characters that make reference to Domon's catchphrases 25 years later in TYOOL 2019, and that's something I can deeply appreciate about G Gundam. :kimchi:

I can only hope that when it gets dubbed, Tomokazu Seki voices this cartoon character.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Wark Say posted:

And now I'm wondering: Which Gundam Ace would be able to last against Maximilian Jenius the longest?

Super Newtype Kai Shiden. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Watched the new Divers and it seemed okay so far. I kind of like how the MC comes across as melancholy and distracted, especially compared to how the other Build MCs are pretty upbeat kids. It's interesting that while he's got skills and history with the game, he's really only playing it just to look for an online friend. I laughed at the part where the they all freaked out that the default team name was "BUILD DIVERS" and how they couldn't take the name. May just changing it to "BUILD DiVERS" and going "There, it's completely changed and 100% original!" is like adding a whole bunch of numbers and x's to the end of your MMO character name. :allears:

Still, I'm being cautiously optimistic about it and hoping it doesn't devolve into another Sarah situation.

Onmi posted:

Continuing to gush, I like how her, Kai and Amuro sorta formed their own little trio at the end while Hayato really was on the outs from them because Hayato... didn't really struggle or have to come to terms with the loss of war. His entire thing was "gently caress I can't even keep up, that's just the limit of a normal human I guess."

This reminded me of that Origin side story that focused on Hayato right after the war, and it had him getting on his knees and begging Amuro not to take Frau away from him. Even his own side story presented him as an absolute goober. :laffo:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

Episode 1 of Divers was pretty good(I especially liked how in the opening part the guy with the GM Sniper was using a Buster Rifle, and the guy with the Alex had modified his shield so he could fire his gatling through it), episode 2 was kinda a drag and they focused a little too hard on having everyone besides our main character be incompetent at fighting, hopefully that won't be a recurring thing

If the friend the MC was searching for was the previous world champion of GBN or something, then that'd at least explain his skills. Plus it seemed only Kazami and Par are the inexperienced ones. May looks like she knows exactly what she's doing. But yeah, here's hoping it doesn't end up with the MC being everyone's crutch in fights.

tsob posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not in the novels and it's definitely not in the brief summary of the original outline for the cancelled episodes that was released at the very least, so I really doubt it is.

I thought it was mentioned in Gundam Sousei, but the only thing there that was kind of similar was a plot outline of Sayla meeting Degwin in secret.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

So long as there are heavily-traumatized psychic children and giant robots with V-fins for them to hijack and operate, Bright will live on. He simply cannot die as long as that condition is met, regardless of any factors.

Poor man will see everyone he loves perish before him, be it by war or by age, and yet he will live on, because another Newtype teenager has gotten into a Gundam.

Now I'm imagining a SRW scenario where after busting into DOME from Gundam X, Bright's consciousness inside it explains the Bright History to Loran and friends.

chiasaur11 posted:

A cut scene in Turn A Gundam had Bright on a steamboat as the Moonlight Butterfly ravages the land.

As the scene closes he shakes his head slightly in acknowledgement and takes another bite of his burger.

Speaking of burgers, I'm disappointed as hell in Re Rise for going with this instead:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The third episode of ReRise is out and I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Only three episodes in and Hiroto and Par are trying to grow as characters, and even Kazami's arc of realizing this world is real is already being set up. It's neat how they integrate elements from the usual Gundam shows in here, like how there's a Frau, Letz, Katz and Kikka analogue with Maiya and the kids. It also looks like they're using this isekai setting to tackle how war is bad and how it affects civilians. I look forward to the Char of the show being a masked dog or cat person. :v:

The team battle was pretty great! It's like they actually learned from their mistakes in Try and Divers. The team utilized actual strategy! They all had roles to play! They covered each other's backs! My favorite part has to be Hiroto telling the others to let the enemies through. I thought it was leading up to Hiroto busting out the Mars Armor, but no, he actually relied on his skills to beat all four enemies. If the writers can keep up this quality for the team battles in future episodes then I think this might end up being a pretty solid show.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I kind of like Beecha because a lot of the poo poo he does are things early-Zeta Kamille had also done. They both hijacked mobile suits out of spite, they both used mobile suits to terrorize MPs that gave them poo poo, and they both picked a fight with Wong Lee and got their poo poo kicked in. It's like Kamille never left. :v:

Elle and Roux are still my favorite of the ZZ kids though.

gourdcaptain posted:

Also prepare for ridiculous 80's fashion.

Their outfits during the desert arc were the most ridiculous. :allears: The winner has to be Mondo with his mustard-yellow sleeveless shirt, green short shorts with suspenders and bright red bowtie.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's interesting how ReRise seems to a lot more character-driven than expected. While the furry village is working with the Builders, they have different opinions and motivations about it. Maiya appreciates them helping but hates how her family gets dragged into danger, Jed is cooperative because it'll increase the chances of his mission succeeding but his subordinate isn't sure how much they can trust the Builders, and the blue dog kid doesn't like how he's sidelined for being a kid but Freddie gets to help the Resistance.

Plus, the way the show handles the Builders being a team of complete strangers is pretty good. I could relate to Par last episode when he was desperately babbling just to keep the conversation going, and got a laugh this episode at Hiroto being so awkward with his pep talk. Also Hiroto not forcing Par to confront his fear of flying and just bonding over their love of Gunpla was sweet.

This one's minor, but I like the detail of Kazami being surprised about the lava shooting up like geysers because they couldn't read the writing on the map. It sounds like the villagers have their own alphabet and language and adds to the idea that this is an Isekai story.

chumbler posted:

Mai hangs out with Magee, so she's confirmed to be good.

Yeah, it sounds like she's helping out Magee as a playtester and looking for bugs in the game

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yeah, I've got my expectations set pretty low after Divers and I'm just hoping the show ends up being good. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

dudermcbrohan posted:

not only this but they’re doing stuff with multiple characters’ arcs in this mission so like i don’t get the complaints

I was pleasantly surprised with the fight with Kazami's old team. I thought the show would just say that the team lost because Kazami always rushes ahead, but it seemed like everyone knew that already so the focus shifted on Hiroto's lack of trust to his teammates.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm expecting Mai will be the focus of the two after the next one. So far the pacing's been fine by me, and we're getting some decent character development for each of them. Looks like it's gonna be trying to leave some lingering threads (like whatever Par's flashback actually is), but that's for when they've got all the individual-character episode arcs done and they've still got a whole second cour to play with.

Yeah, even when the episode builds up one of the main four, it still tries to add characterization for the side characters and I'm fine with that. Also I thought Par's flashback had this implication that the whole 1000% immersion thing in VR has its downsides because Par's fall being so realistic was what gave him a fear of heights.