Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pogi

Company reimbursed yoga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

Nice. yoga owns. I do sun salutations every morning, but I just started a new vinyasa class which SMOKED me. I'm still sore from it 3 days later haha.

Piso Mojado

my bud who was in the Airborne tells a funny story about how their unit leader was always bragging about how good of shape their squad was in and how they could out lift, run, bball, etc all the other units. I guess some officer thought it was bullshit and brought in a yoga instructor for their PT one day. They all laughed when this 50 year old little Asian lady showed up, and thought it was some kind of joke. She scorched them and the next day they were so sore they couldn't get out of their bunks.

pogi

Haha I should probably be doing more yoga, but this is just too convenient. They move all the tables and chairs out of a meeting room and bring a yoga instructor in. It's been a fantastic way to limber up for BJJ in the evening.

hemale in pain

i love to flex my pecs with other men

hemale in pain

im doing it right now but im on my own :(

pogi

I skipped out on boxing last night and instead smoked weed and slept for 13 hours. I feel amazing.

FutonForensic

pogi posted:

I skipped out on boxing last night and instead smoked weed and slept for 13 hours. I feel amazing.

sounds like sum kind of boxing 2 me :wink:

alnilam

I lifted weight now I'm tired in my muscles

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I burned over 500 calories exercising today and also lifted a lot of weights, I feel good and confident kinda like how liquor makes me feel, but this is GOOD for me!

ulvir

kuskus posted:

If I don't have enough fitbit steps before bedtime I jam out and dance until I hit my mark and I always hit my mark :jihad:

a couple of months ago I hit my 10k mark simply by talking while at a outdoors party (I use my hands a lot, kind of like italians). though tbf I had like 8k steps before I got there

ulvir

I also hit the goal while doing the dishes at one point. that was great

kuskus

if you enable mobile tracker (for me, iphone's motion chip), it will curb your steps based on those. so if you walked into a bear farm and jerked off all the bears with your fitbit arm, then synced, it would reduce it to something more sane like just the walk to the farm. but you're right about the inaccuracy of trackers in general!

fuck. marry. t-rex

kuskus posted:

if you enable mobile tracker (for me, iphone's motion chip), it will curb your steps based on those. so if you walked into a bear farm and jerked off all the bears with your fitbit arm, then synced, it would reduce it to something more sane like just the walk to the farm. but you're right about the inaccuracy of trackers in general!

Tahts cool- I was about to say [sarcastic voice] I'm glad that pedometers haven't progressed in tech in 300 years[/s] but I guess they have. Personally I think constant monitoring from outer space satellites isn't the simplest solution but I guess it worrks

ulvir

one thing that irks me more than anything is how bad the stairs tracking is. there's between 55 and 65 steps in my building, but you can bet your sweet behind that the fitbit will only recognise 10 at most.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Time to make a bullion dollars selling athletic shoe insoles with tracking tech

Piso Mojado

ulvir posted:

one thing that irks me more than anything is how bad the stairs tracking is. there's between 55 and 65 steps in my building, but you can bet your sweet behind that the fitbit will only recognise 10 at most.

Are you using the clip-on or the wrist watch version? I got a clip-on fitbit from work and i tested it with my coworker's wrist band one and a pedometer phone app (carried all three for and entire day). The the phone and pocket clip ones were extremely close to each other but the wrist one was about 10% less.

ulvir

its the wrist version. charge with the heart monitor thing.

joke_explainer

The fitbit surge is great at counting stairs. It's so-so with the steps. Sometimes it thinks petting my cat is stepping for some reason.

pogi

Just went to the club but tbh I wish I had a fitbit

pogi

I boxed a metal pole and now my knuckle is bruised. It was a good night.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

pogi posted:

I boxed a metal pole and now my knuckle is bruised. It was a good night.

did the stripper fall off?

kuskus

gently caress. marry. t-rex, luckily MobileTracker doesn't use GPS, but the phone's pedometer & gyroscope for HealthKit purposes which even in airplane mode stores steps. This is how Nike+ lets you run on a treadmill indoors or out.
This is also how you can use FitBit for FREE. Just get the app and add MobileTracker as a device.
Otherwise I love Charge HR because I can see how terribly I've been sleeping and correct it.

hey byob add me on fitbit kuskus@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

God: hey sv, pass me that barbell

me: ok God *lift*

God: psyche!! ha ha ha

me: oh ok God *puts down*

God: hey sv

• Locked thread