Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Godna posted:

I got 50 points. I had 50...I now have 82...what?

Consider it a discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ghostwoods posted:

I'm guessing 50 points went to baseline humans, and it scales down for larger critters?

Correct. The bonus should be 4% of your fighter's starting points. And you'll have a chance to earn it for each of the 18 rounds!

You don't have to spend them right away, you can always save them up for something better a few rounds later.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A good bowbold, and an effective Bad Munki build? What has this world come down to?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm guessing the points don't earn the interest between these rounds?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

AnoHito posted:

No, that is only in the playoffs.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

AnoHito posted:

What, it would be a mere 2662% return on anything you had left over at the start of this round, not counting extra points given inbetween, why are you so worried about that? :v:

e: It would be a hilarious thing if it really happened since the optimal build would be to spend 4, 5 or 6 rounds not spending anything, and then swatting the remaining enemy teams thanks to double+ the point count and still coming out in the top half.

my dad fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 26, 2015

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Antwoman approaches the prone Madmartigan hoping to finish him off, but from the ground, the moleman lunges and bites the antwoman's arm, latching on and shaking his head violently! Antwoman responds to this by using one of the daggers in one of her other arms' hands to impale Madmartigan's weapon hand! This disarms the great molemarian, who continues to shake and shake until Antwoman's arm is torn from its socket! One of her copper daggers clatters to the floor!

Antwoman stabs Madmartigan in the leg, chipping the bone, but molemarians do not feel pain! Madmartigan responds by biting the antwoman in the leg, fracturing the exoskeleton! Unable to stand, the antwoman tumbles to the ground!

The crippled Madmartigan crawls over to Antwoman's unconscious body, and uses his shield as a giant wooden flyswatter, splattering the antwoman's head! The first death of the fight is official!

Boss

as

gently caress

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Is anyone interested in me making a post about armor coverage and weapon specifics, including pics of what their equivalents would look like in real life?

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

my dad posted:

Is anyone interested in me making a post about armor coverage and weapon specifics, including pics of what their equivalents would look like in real life?

Yea

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

my dad posted:

That would own a whole lot and I would read the hell out of it, actually.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Theres a picture on the wiki about armor coverage. Id post it but im on my phone.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Here just look at this
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Armor

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Problem: That's vanilla DF, not the arena mod, which is why I'm making an effortpost instead of linking there in the first place.

edit: But, still, it's pretty good explanation, though breastplates don't work the same way anymore, and (un)reliability is a thing that exists for mail.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Round 2, Fight 1:siren:

I will be taking the advice from Silverminnow(?) about having home team be bold and teal in the screenshots. Visiting will underlined and yellow in the screenshots.

Lineup for Subterranean Animists (Home Team)

Braun Strowman is a female Soldier Ant Woman fighter managed by Frozen_Flame. Three short swords grace her hands. A bit of armor covers most of her body.
Baldwin is a male Dwarf fighter managed by captaindirtnap. An iron spear, wood shield, and a bit of armor covers his extremeties.
Qwarf is a male Dwarf fighter managed by C7ty1. An iron spear, wood shield, and a bit of armor.
Dusseldwarf is a female Dwarf fighter managed by decoy badger. An iron spear, wood... you get it. 3 cloned dwarves and an antwoman with lots of swords.

Lineup for Cool Rad Awesome Pals

Punc Hant is a female Soldier Ant Woman fighter managed by Silverminnow. Adamantine gauntlets and nudity are the weapons of choice here.
BS-45 "Apeliminator" is a male Strangler fighter managed by alcharagia. A bronze whip, an oak shield, a bit of armor, and plenty of arms.
Jimbo Akimbo is a male Dwarf fighter managed by Bad Munki. Dual-wielding copper maces, and an ugly face are what he has.
The Krying Bowbold Returns! is a female Kobold fighter managed by Krysmphoenix. Steel bowbold. Can the bowbold ace this round for her team again?

The gladiators wait for the bell.

The Krying Bowbold, now confident from 4-ultrashots in the previous fight, takes aim and fires. Baldwin the dwarf doesn't even slow his charge as he takes the bolt on his shield. The Krying Bowbold furiously reloads.

Jimbo Akimbo and Qwarf eye each other the entire charge. Jimbo Akimbo lands a devastating blow on Qwarfs foot. Quarf's foot is fractured and he falls over! Baldwin and Braun both land attacks on Jimbo Akimbo, but he shrugs them off. Dusseldwarf meets Apeliminator the strangler and sends his spear deep into his chest.

Qwarf doesn't mess around. From the ground he slices Jimbo Akimbo's hand off! Apeliminator's foot is crushed by Baldwin, and Apeliminator goes down. Braun Strowman took a blow from one of Punc Hant's adamantium gauntlets. The strike doesn't look like it did much, but Braun falls to the floor. Braun returns the favor by stabbing Punc Hant's foot, and now both antwomen are floored!

Apeliminator takes three more blows from Qwarf and Dusseldwarf before Qwarf stabs him in the head to end his misery. Jimbo Akimbo leans over and smashes Braun Strowman's hand into paste, and Braun passes out from the pain. Jimbo left himself wide open to the other fighters. Baldwin calmly stabs his spear into Jimbo's leg, and Jimbo hits the floor. Dusseldwarf stabs Jimbo in the arm and Jimbo passes out.

Qwarf gets another kill by stabbing Jimbo Akimbo in the face. Punc Hant punches Braun Strowman in the face and the adamantine gauntlets scramble his brain. Braun Strowman is no more.

All three of the dwarves turn to charge the prone Punc Hant. Baldwin arrives first and shoves his spear clean through the abdomen of the downed antwoman. Another stab blows her foot away. A third stab makes a second hole in her abdomen. Finally Punc Hant passes out from pain.

The Krying Bowbold finally reloads and fires as two dwarves charge, and the last dwarf slowly crawls toward her.

It doesn't go well. Baldwin and Dusseldwarf strike at the same time. The bowbold blocks Baldwin, and Dusseldwarf's spear lances into her neck and smashes her spine. Down she goes.

Dusseldwarf takes the kill.

Winners: The Subterranean Animists

Kills:
Punc Hant: 1

Qwarf: 2
Baldwin: 1
Dusseldwarf: 1

Combat Log

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'll start off with the stuff mentioned above, and add more in small, easy to digest posts:

OK. First off, to clarify something to people who played regular Dwarf Fortress.

This is what a breastplate looks like in real life (and how it's more-less modeled in unmodded DF):

(Incidentally, the armor above was worn IRL by a woman. Does it look like a goddamn boobplate to ya?)

This is what a "breastplate" looks like in the arena:

It's not really a breastplate, in the way we normally think of it, but since the game lacks a rigid way to cover upper arms and the neck otherwise, it was a necessary change in the arena mod. I like to imagine it having comically oversized Warhammer style extended shoulderpads with sponsor logos painted on.

Gameplaywise, it's important to note that this is the thickest piece of armor available, and that it takes a lot of strenght+size+skill to penetrate it with equal/inferior tier weaponry.

Now, the mail suit looks like this:

First of all, it's not rigid at all, so it provides almost no protection against blunt weapons. Second, in the arena (unlike unmodded DF), it only works 80% of the time, thanks to purchasing it from the lowest bidder. 1 in 5 hits are going to go through it like it isn't there. However, it's the cheapest metal protection considering the surface it covers and still having fairly high reliability.

my dad fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 26, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I WENT DOWN FIGHTING, YOU BASTARDS! And it took three of you to do it!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

my dad posted:

First of all, it's not rigid at all, so it provides almost no protection against blunt weapons. Second, in the arena (unlike unmodded DF), it only works 80% of the time, thanks to purchasing it from the lowest bidder. 1 in 5 hits are going to go through it like it isn't there. However, it's the cheapest metal protection considering the surface it covers and still having fairly high reliability.

I thought last time it was 75%. Is there a full changelog?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Jimbo my head is not a watermelon :argh:

E: I cannot read. drat you Punc Hant.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 26, 2015

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

quote:

Dusseldwarf_SUB kicks Krying Bowbold_PAL in the left foot with her right foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Krying Bowbold_PAL falls over.

:stare:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Next up, other armor:

Gauntlets:

There really wasn't much of a reason to put in a picture since google gives a bajillion of them, but why not (imagine the armor going up to the elbow). Basically, rigid protection for hands and forearm. Alongside low boots and caps, thinnest piece of armor available. Gremlins shouldn't count on them working against even light armor piercing abilities, and yetis shrug because theirs are still thicker than most people's breastplates.

Helms:

Any big piece of metal that covers the entire head. People come up with the weirdest ideas of how they should look like. Saves your noggin from bad stuff. The above is 100% no joke an actual historical helm worn by a monarch.
Strictly speaking, it's not 100% reliable, but the 2% chance of it failing is only likely to come up when a fighter is unconscious on the ground, being dogpiled by the enemy team. Sadly, due to Toady's coding mishaps, it's not possible to mod it to cover the neck, too.

Caps:

It's basically a helmet, though they way vanilla DF models it, it's more of a metal kippah, with only 50% reliability, unlike 75% provided by arena caps.

Greaves:

Stuff you carry on your legs to avoid having them chopped off. IRL, don't cover what DF describes as "lower body" at all, but due to how DF models the body, they can't be implemented like that at all. Only way to provide rigid armor for the thighs.

Low Boots:

Not much to say. Boots. You wore them at some point in your life, though they probably had a lot less metal in them.

High Boots:

What some ladies like to wear when going on a night out, except made of metal and without the high heels.

For completeness' sake, here's how leather armor works:

Its main job is to protect you from bites and soften blunt weapon blows a bit. Good padding for underneath mail armor, or if you're fighting molemarians, snakemen, or antmen, not much use otherwise.

And here's the mail paints:

I don't think anyone ever bought them in tournament history.

Here's a nice example of people wearing what DF would describe as steel breastplate + steel cap + steel gauntlets + steel greaves(best seen on the middle guy) + leather high boots + steel long sword:

Here's what my team's yeti looks like:

Here's how full medieval armor worked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCvOC2VwDc

Weapons in my next post, whenever I bother making it. :v:

fake edit:

Tunicate posted:

I thought last time it was 75%. Is there a full changelog?

I thought it was 75% too, but the OP says 80%, so I imagine it changed inbetween.

real edit: What DF doesn't model, and what the biggest problem when making armor was, is that it was really loving hard to properly protect joints while still keeping mobility. That's where the weakspots were.

my dad fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 26, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
N-no... The Apeliminator's perfect mechanical body cannot be destroyed by mere mortals!!!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Round 2, Fight Two :siren:

Fight Two: Two Chicks with Dicks at Heavyweight Horrorshow

On the left is the home team, Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

Here comes Mongo! is a male troll managed by Endorph. He is unarmed and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, and leather low boots.

sn is a male molemarian managed by ZeeToo. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm and bronze high boots.

Face is a male troll managed by Godna. He wields a massive wooden greatsword, and wears an iron breastplate and iron greaves.

Jakob is a male werewolf managed by frankenfreak. He dual-wields copper mauls, and wears a copper helm, copper mail shirt, and copper greaves.

On the right is the visiting team, Two Chicks with Dicks.

Suck & gently caress Pighead is a female goblin managed by Dirty Frank. She wields a silver hammer and is unarmored.

Bo is a male human managed by Haystack. He wields a bronze shortsword in one hand and a wooden shield in the other, and is also unarmored.

Stumpy is a female dwarf managed by Mygna. He wields an iron greataxe, and is unarmored as well.

Richard Kyanka is a male dark gnome managed by Lorrdernie. He wields a bronze large dagger, and like the rest of his team, wears no armor.

And there's the bell, and the fighters are off!

Immediately, the smaller visiting team gangs up on sn the molemarian to bring down what they view as their greatest threat. The moleman fends off a glancing blow from Stumpy, but this opens up an opportunity for Bo to run sn through with his sword, tearing apart the lung, and for Pighead to bruise the beast's innards with a hammer strike!

Mongo and Face rush up to protect their teammate, attacking Pighead and Bo respectively. Both of the smaller fighters jump away, with Bo swinging and knocking a tusk out of Face's mouth at the same time!

Mongo gets a running start and gores Pighead with his horns! The goblin's arm is mangled beyond recognition, but fortunately she was holding her hammer in the other hand.

As Face prepares to attack Bo, tiny Richard Kyanka sneaks up on the troll and drives his dagger into the creature's foot, cutting it to ribbons! The troll roars and crashes to the arena floor! Bo takes advantage and buries his sword in Face's spine, paralyzing him! The wooden greatsword clatters to the floor as well.

sn is winded, but not out of the fight yet. In desperation, the molemarian stabs with all of his might, and his spear connects with Stumpy's leg! The shinbone cracks and the dwarf falls to the ground with a scream!

Jakob continues to hang back from the scrum, his mauls at the ready, waiting for an opponent to come close.

Just as Bo takes off Face's foot with his sword, Jakob decides it's time to help his teammate. The werewolf launches a vicious attack, but Bo deftly parries it!

sn strikes again, and puts the point of his spear into Stumpy's guts! The molemarian's triumphant smirk is quickly erased, as Richard sneaks up on the moleman and returns the favor for his teammate by stabbing the molemarian in the guts! sn doubles over and begins heaving as Stumpy passes out from pain.

Mongo tries to press his advantage against Pighead, but misses! The troll then charges and knocks over the goblin, but again can't take advantage, missing again with his weapon as Pighead rolls to her feet!

Richard leaps onto the heaving molemarian and slashes sn's throat with his dagger! Blood sprays all over the arena!

Jakob swings both of his mauls at Bo, and connects, once to the human's leg and once to his chest! The human's heart is bruised, but he valiantly tries to finish off Face, slicing open another artery of the troll's body! More blood for Armok, god of blood!

Mongo charges again and gores Pighead in the lower body, but the determined goblin responds by cracking a bone in the troll's arm with her hammer!

Mongo charges again, and a successful gore mangles Pighead's arm! Unfortunately for the troll, it isn't the goblin's weapon arm! Fortunately for the troll, the impact sends the smaller goblin flying and she lands awkwardly on her foot, shattering it! Pighead passes out from the pain!

sn gathers his strength and charges his tiny foe, knocking Richard Kyanka to the ground! The molemarian stumbles, pukes all over the dark gnome, then turns and decides to attack the unconscious Stumpy. His spear lands a headshot... but it isn't enough to finish the dwarf! Meanwhile Richard leaps back to his feet and runs his dagger through the molemarian's non-weapon arm!

Bo continues to try to finish off Face, severing the troll's hand while deftly blocking a hammerstrike from Jakob with his shield.

sn finally scores a hit on Richard, tearing apart the gnome's non-weapon hand with a spear strike! Undeterred, the gnome leaps up and opens another artery in the molemarian's body with a dagger stab!

Jakob charges at Richard, causing the gnome to jump away from the molemarian to avoid the collision. sn turns his attention back to Stumpy, but his headshots are unable to finish off the dwarf, who actually regains consciousness for a moment before passing out again.

Mongo begins to go to work on the unconscious body of Pighead. But despite bending joints and throwing punches, he's having a hard time finishing off the goblin without a proper weapon to work with. Gores, bites, punches, joint-locks, nothing works... so finally Mongo just grabs the goblin's throat and squeezes, until she stops moving. The first kill of the match is official!

The tiny Richard leaps at Jakob with his dagger, causing the werewolf to leap away from the center of the melee. This finally gives Bo enough time to finish off Face by stabbing the troll in the... face, appropriately enough. The sides are evenly matched again, at least numerically speaking, although Stumpy doesn't look so good.

sn continues trying, and failing, to finish off Stumpy with repeated headshots. Is this dwarf's beard made of adamantine or something? Richard takes another shot at the molemarian, opening yet another artery! In addition to being nauseated and tired, sn now has to worry about blood loss! At least, as a molemarian, he doesn't have to worry about pain.

Having disposed of Pighead, Mongo rejoins the fray at the center of the arena. He picks up the annoying Richard and throws the gnome like a rag doll! Jakob ducks out of the path of the flying gnome just in time, but the little guy manages to tumble to the ground in a relatively controlled manner, taking only superficial injuries.

Bo doesn't take kindly to seeing his teammate be tossed around like a softball, and runs Mongo through with his sword! On top of the troll's earlier wounds from fighting Pighead, this last blow proves to be too much, and he passes out from the pain.

Richard gets back to his feet and swings twice in succession at Jakob, but the werewolf manages to parry both strikes, then lunges in and bites off the gnome's foot! He follows this by pounding the little guy's leg into paste with a maul strike! Richard falls to the floor, down but not out!

Now Bo and Jakob face off against each other. The werewolf lands a few superficial blows with his maul, but both fighters' defenses are strong. Eventually Jakob takes advantage of an attack of opportunity, and slices open the tendons of the human's hand with his great claw! The bronze sword clatters to the floor, and the home team looks to finally be in control of the match as Richard Kyanka bleeds to death from his severed leg!

Now unarmed, Bo backs off and begins bashing the unconscious Mongo in the face with his shield, as Jakob and a badly-wounded sn both try to finish off Stumpy with head-shots. The dwarf continues to be immune to killing blows, but not to blood loss. Credit for the kill goes to sn who did most of the work.

Jakob, who has barely been scratched during this fight, now closes in on Bo. The human fights valiantly without a weapon, blocking several maul-strikes and at least attempting to land a few hits with his shield, but alas, the fight seems impossible without a real weapon. Eventually Jakob lands a few maul-strikes, and the fight is over at last.

Final: Heavyweight Horrorshow 4, Two Chicks with Dicks 1

Kills

Jakob 2
Here comes Mongo! 1
sn 1

Bo 1

---

Here's how the survivors look after the match:

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 26, 2015

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Do necks just not bleed much? I swear. If there was a bullfrog man race that was 80% giant inflatable neck they would be invincible.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
MORE GORE!

I will never not bet on heavy weight horrorshow. Good horrorshow.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Taking 24 spear and maul attacks to the head before dying from blood loss. Looks like spending all those points on an adamantium skeleton wasn't completely worthless after all.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Here's how the survivors look after the match:

Didn't even break a sweat. :smug:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Having a fast molemarian punching bag is really helping, it seems. What a bloodbath.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
By the way I've placed an incredibly large bet on The Petting Zoo (only team to lose from home last round) this round vs Spooky Scary Skeletons, if anyone wants to hoover up some bet money, you should bet against me! This is absolutely my kindness and not an attempt to get more money from winning. :)

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
So few people are willing to bet against the Hell's Dentists. It's like they don't want my money :(

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pickled Tink posted:

So few people are willing to bet against the Hell's Dentists. It's like they don't want my money :(

That's because Hell's Dentists is probably the most well-put together team in these early rounds, and is also currently home-teaming it up.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
That's a blatant lie! We didn't really coordinate at all, and we spent almost the entire time pre-tournament arguing over our team name, and then how to punctuate our team name!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pickled Tink posted:

That's a blatant lie! We didn't really coordinate at all, and we spent almost the entire time pre-tournament arguing over our team name, and then how to punctuate our team name!

And you punctuated it...

With the blood of your enemies!

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

I didn't even know the team name

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god I missed the chance to spend 50 points

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
And that, roughly, was the plan for sn from the word go. Not deadly, just hard to make dead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

literally just chucked a gnome

update, didn't just throw him, threw him by the freaking jaw

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 27, 2015

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Im working on what i would like to be a title card for this whole jam

Im thinking of changing the font. I wanted something that says Dwarf fortress

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Soon I'll replace my lovely sword with an even SHITTIER sword! Also chalk up another who missed the chance to spend their points...AND bet on themselves

Also I guess my face tanking continue to prove effective :D

Godna fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 27, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Hihohe posted:

Im working on what i would like to be a title card for this whole jam

Im thinking of changing the font. I wanted something that says Dwarf fortress

Very nice! I'll put that in the OP once it's ready.

As for an appropriate font to use, a free Tolkien-inspired font that I've used before which might work can be found at http://www.councilofelrond.com/downloads/fonts/, look for "tolky.ttf" near the bottom of the page. However, if you're looking for something more runic and "dwarven", like what you would find carved into stone, it might not fit the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Round 2, Fight 3:siren:

Lineup for This Bites (Home Team)
Knife Toseeu is a female Strangler fighter managed by synthorange. Copper knife and nothing else.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel is a male Elf fighter managed by Keru. Armor and no weapon.
Roland Gorchnik is a male Human fighter managed by Maarak. Whip, shield, adamantine shirt :aaaaa:
Eyeteeth IV is a male Werewolf fighter managed by Revenant Threshold. A pair of shields, and a bit of armor.

Lineup for Worse Munki
Experiment Twenty-Two is a female Tigerman fighter managed by fallingdownjoe. Copper longsword, bit of armor.
Strangler Than Fiction is a female Strangler fighter managed by Tunicate. Some armor, no weapon.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS is a male Elf fighter managed by Pittsburgh Lambic. Silver hammer, minimal armor.
Chaz Steadyfist is a male Werewolf fighter managed by Segway Rave. Iron halberd, shield, minimal armor.

The gladiators line up...

When they meet in the middle Sriracha Fartstorm bashes Roland in the head, fracturing his skull. Experiment 22 drops her sword as Knife Toseeu slashes deep into her arm.

Roland is getting tattoo'd by Sriracha Fartstorm. He dodges to put distance between himself and the deadly elf. Roland charges forward but Sriracha Fartstorm steps aside, and Roland runs into his teammate Eyeteeth. Sriracha smashes the human in retaliation. He looks hurt. Knife Toseeu is deadly and shows off his skill by stabbing Experiment 22 over and over again. Some slashes are turned by armor, but more get through. The tigerman passes out from the pain.

Things aren't looking good for the home team.
Sriracha Fartstorm laughs and dodges the lumbering werewolf easily. A well placed blow fractures Roland's hand, and he passes out. Another dodge, then Sriracha fartstorm slams his war hammer into Eyeteeth's left shoulder which crams bones together in ways they never should go. Eyeteeth passes out moments later. Sriracha Fartstorm just did what I thought was impossible. He took out two opposing gladiators who were in perfect health all by himself at the same time.
Strangler than Fiction has been pretty ineffective so far, but he changes that by biting Sun Tzu and tearing the elf's arm muscles.
Up top, Knife Toseeu's arm is slashed deeply, then bowled over by Chaz Steadyfist before the deadly strangler can finish off Experiment 22.

In the space of 10 seconds 3 out of 4 members of This Bites are killed. Sriracha Fartstorm gets the first kill (by half a second. Check the log) by smashing Rolands head to mush. Chaz Steadyfist nearly simultaneously chops Knife Toseeu's head clean off with his halbard. Sriracha Fartstorm gets a second kill by pulping the downed Eyeteeth's head. Strangler than Fiction duels Sun Tzu on the left-ish side of the melee while this is going on.

Strangler than Fiction sees reinforcements coming, so he dives forward and latches on to Sun Tzu's leg with his teeth. Sun Tzu struggles in vain but cannot break the stranglers grip. Chaz Steadyfist arrives and lances his halberd into Sun Tzu's immobile leg which collapses beneath him. Chaz Steadyfist takes one of Sun Tzu's feet off, then impales his hand. Strangler than Fiction bites and bites and bites the poor elf.

Sriracha Fartstorm arrives and smashes the elf's leg into pieces and then smashes his head in with the deadly silver hammer.

Your victors:

And the man of the match: Sriracha Fartstorm made it through without even a bruise.

Kills:
Sriracha Fartstorm: 3
Chaz Steadyfist: 1

Winners: Worse Munki

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 27, 2015