Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Removing the home rule is paying off already I see. Best two matches so far, just about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We won? I mean... WE WON!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
The early adamantine shirt was a weight around The Gorch's neck. Leathers and chains!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mortality clarified in a single stroke

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Maarak posted:

The early adamantine shirt was a weight around The Gorch's neck. Leathers and chains!

2 Chainz.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Wow! A spectacular double bill of arena murder, as This Bites overcome the ignominy of leaving their division with no blood on their hands to take out a massive favourite in Go Big and/or Go Home 4-1! This means I finally have to put them on my kill tally sheet. On top of that, the champions of Gemclod have given the first defeat to the champions of Syrupleaf! Spooky Scary Skeletons draw level with Plump Helmets on overall kills with 13 apiece, but are ahead on kill difference by a single point. In the individual standings, Three Gremlins in a Blender joins Albirik the Insignificant at the summit with 6 kills, whilst Candy Corn Tiger's impressive hat-trick elevates him to the second tier on five kills.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I... what?

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
There were never any doubts in my mind that this is exactly what would happen!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
A little bit worried for Braun and her fellow dwarves now. Being a dwarven blender is all she knows.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 4, Fight 2 :siren:

Cool Rad Awesome Pals is on the left side of the arena.
Punc Hant (Silverminnow) is a female soldier ant woman. She is empty handed and wears adamantine gauntlets.
BS-45 "Apeliminator" (alcharagia) is a male strangler. He wields a bronze whip and a wooden buckler and wears a copper helm and leather gauntlets.
Jimbo Akimbo (Bad Munki) is a male dwarf. He wields a copper war hammer and a copper war hammer and wears an iron helm and an iron mail shirt.
The Krying Bowbold Returns! (Krysmphoenix) is a female kobold. She wields a steel bow and wears no armor.

Two Chicks with Dicks is on the right side of the arena.
Suck & gently caress Pighead (Dirty Frank) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and wears no armor.
Bo (Haystack) is a male human. He wields a bronze short sword and a wooden shield and wears a leather cap.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears no armor.
Richard Kyanka (Lorrdernie) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze large dagger and wears no armor.

Two Chicks with Dicks is a 1.22 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 3638.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2988.00 dwarfbucks for Cool Rad Awesome Pals.

I forgot this team had an archer. Ho boy this could get interesting!

Doesn't even show up in the combat log. I assume Bo ducked it.

Bo leads the charge which is never a good thing. He shoves his sword into Punc Hants arm, but adamantium gauntlets turn the blow easily. That opens Punc Hant to a devastating blow from Suck and gently caress. The Antwoman falls to the floor with a crippled foot. Punc Hant swings from the floor and the adamantium gauntlets bruise Suck and gently caress's guts. The goblin looks sick!

Jimbo Akimbo arrives on the scene and smashes Bo's shoulder bone out through the skin. Bo drops his sword. Stumpy nearly blinds Jimbo with a blow to his eyes. Jimbo shrugs off the blow and sends another mace into Bo's other arm and he passes out from the pain. The visiting team is getting beat badly even though they outnumber their opponents in the melee.

A lot happens in this gif. First we see Blikin', the blind archer, shooting wildly into the air. Spray and pray, baby.

Apeliminator smashes one of Suck and Fucks legs, so now she has problems breathing, heaving, and walking. Punc Hant the antwoman bites Suck and gently caress's arm, but Stumpy chops her in twain. Punc Hant is no more, but Suck and gently caress has an antwomans dead head latched onto her arm. Maybe she can use it as a shield?

Jimbo Akimbo continues his dominance of Bo. Bo's head takes a few smacks, but finally caves like a watermelon.

And just like that things have completely changed for the visiting team. Apeliminator's focus is on the prone Suck and gently caress. Stumpy and Richard Kyanka take advantage and stab and slash him mercilessly. Stumpy turns to face Jimbo Akimbo who was sneaking up from behind and his axe gets stuck in Jimbo's hand. He yanks the axe free and lops off Jimbo's leg. At the exact same moment Richard Kyanka, the small dark gnome, takes Apeliminators leg off with his dagger.

What the gently caress are you even shooting at. Jimbo Akimbo smashes Stumpy's leg to paste, and the dwarf falls to the floor.

This gif shows how quickly 2 fighters bled out. Jimbo Akimbo follows Apeliminator's lead by half a second. Kind of neat. In the combat logs their legs get chopped off one after the other, almost simultaneously. Then after a bit more hacking and slashing they both bleed out within the same second. Yay teamwork!

We got a 3v1 here. Richard Kyanka is the only mobile person on the team. Suck and gently caress has one leg dragging behind while she throws up every few seconds. Stumpy's leg is paste and he sort of crawls, but not very fast. Can The Blind Archer connect with this shot?

:siren::siren:DIRECT loving HIT:siren::siren:

To his fingernail.

Richard Kyanka shatters the bowbolds hip with his dagger.

And then finishes him off with flair. The kobolds head goes flying.

Winners: Two Chicks with Dicks
Kills:
Stumpy: 2
Richard Kyanka:2

Jimbo Akimbo: 1

Combat Log

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Great archery

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Two Chicks w/dicks are now level at the kill count summit with 13, with Stumpy making it a three way tie in the individual standings on 6.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
How can the Apeliminator's perfect mechanical body be destroyed so easily? This calls for an inspection...

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Frozen_flame posted:

A little bit worried for Braun and her fellow dwarves now. Being a dwarven blender is all she knows.

Either the normalization will continue and leave all the leaders at 3 wins/1 loss, or we will continue to demonstrate Dwarven glory in the arena. It IS a little worrying to see every team from our bracket get stomped, though.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Time for the secret plan. Platinum Helms! Also steroids

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Frozen_flame posted:

Time for the secret plan. Platinum Helms! Also steroids

Well, the first half of your plan is confirmed to be working. :v:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

Great archery

Seriously! Other than my first match, my accuracy has been poo poo!

:cry:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A good match. The Krying Bowbold Returns! just can't match Bad Munki's archery prowess.

Captaindirtnap posted:

Either the normalization will continue and leave all the leaders at 3 wins/1 loss, or we will continue to demonstrate Dwarven glory in the arena. It IS a little worrying to see every team from our bracket get stomped, though.

As much as I like heavyweight horrorshow, pretty sure Subterranean Animists will emerge as the only 4-0 this round. Unless Heavyweight bring back that wooden greatsword, in which case I give it a 50-50.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 20, 2015

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Two Chicks w/dicks are now level at the kill count summit with 13, with Stumpy making it a three way tie in the individual standings on 6.

Make the tie-breaker the number of lopped-off limbs, in my (completely unbiased) opinion :black101:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Number of bruised stomachs. Pig head isn't all that effective.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Even with damaged eyes, a useless hand, and bleeding out from missing a leg, Jimbo kills one guy and largely disable another. I like Jimbo, he's a good dwarf.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bad Munki posted:

Even with damaged eyes, a useless hand, and bleeding out from missing a leg, Jimbo kills one guy and largely disable another. I like Jimbo, he's a good dwarf.

Jimbo is legitimately not a bad fighter at all. Just... You know... Not in a particularly good team to show that off. :v: My main complaint is that you bought him a helm instead of a cap and a pair of gauntlets.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If I recall, I would have had to sacrifice a skill level to make that happen early on, and the bonus points weren't enough, maybe? I dunno, I don't recall the specifics. And besides, he doesn't need gauntlets, he has a backup hand in case one malfunctions! :haw:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Mygna posted:

Make the tie-breaker the number of lopped-off limbs, in my (completely unbiased) opinion :black101:

Right. Extremity removal by the current top 3.

Albirik:
3 heads
1 right lower arm
1 left foot
1 left lower arm
1 left upper leg
1 lower body

Total: 3 decapitations, 1 chop in half, 3 limbs, 1 terminal extremity.

Three Gremlins:
2 left lower arms
5 heads
1 left front leg
1 left rear leg
1 upper body
1 right upper arm
2 right hands
1 right lower arm

Total: 5 decapitations, 1 chop in half, 6 limbs, 2 terminal extremities.

Stumpy:
1 right paw
1 right hand
3 heads
1 right upper leg
1 left lower leg
1 abdomen
1 right lower leg
1 left lower arm
1 left foot

Total: 3 decapitations, 1 chop in half, 4 limbs, 3 terminal extremities.

Looks like Three Gremlins in a Blender is just about ahead.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The Animist are, for my imaginary money, the strongest team out there currently. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a pretty lopsided win/loss ratio by the end of the season.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Ah, but a team in the preliminaries needs only be better than average to survive into the next round. It's the next round where being the best team starts to matter, and some builds are more future-proof than others.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

my dad posted:

Ah, but a team in the preliminaries needs only be better than average to survive into the next round. It's the next round where being the best team starts to matter, and some builds are more future-proof than others.

And then we get into singles and the real carnage starts!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Yes. :black101:

jon joe posted:

And then we get into singles and the real carnage starts!

Yes. :black101:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking, for the next round of betting, I'm going to place at least 2000 dorfbux on every fight, see if I can't predict all of them.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh hell I just checked my bets and realised I bet on the wrong team - I meant to bet on my team.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
this is how i choose to commemorate my very brief moment of glory.

that fucker better get some kills in his next match. or i am disowning him.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

tithin posted:

Oh hell I just checked my bets and realised I bet on the wrong team - I meant to bet on my team.

You might expect the 'Vegas' odds for the Plump Helmets to drop off in the future, mostly because like at least half of it was from us betting most of our money on ourselves no matter what.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Baldy: People know he keeps a hamster in his beard. Nobody but he knows that it's named "Tiggles."
Duss: The edge of her shield is made of chocolate, for snacking mid-fight.
Braun: Winner of Most Arms Competition 6 years running. Self-conscious about her height.
Qwarf: That's not a plume, it's his actual hair sticking out of that helmet.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
That is wonderful :allears:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tiler Kiwi posted:

this is how i choose to commemorate my very brief moment of glory.

that fucker better get some kills in his next match. or i am disowning him.

Decoy Badger posted:

Baldy: People know he keeps a hamster in his beard. Nobody but he knows that it's named "Tiggles."
Duss: The edge of her shield is made of chocolate, for snacking mid-fight.
Braun: Winner of Most Arms Competition 6 years running. Self-conscious about her height.
Qwarf: That's not a plume, it's his actual hair sticking out of that helmet.

The new fanart has been added to the fanart post. Have I missed any fanart? Let me know!

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 23, 2015

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Braun's face oh my god :3:

The best fanart

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Frozen_flame posted:

Braun's face oh my god :3:

The best fanart

I agree. :allears:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I see a pixar movie in the making

Dwarf: It's not the number of inches, or number of limbs that makes a dwarf! No, it's backbone!

Ant: ...yes.

e: I made another drawing, this one of a character who may not be the most lethal, but is one that I think captures the spirit of this stuff pretty well. spoilers: it is panty thief

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 23, 2015

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
The arts are excellent, and inspired me to find the time for this, this morning.

:siren: Round 4, Fight 3 :siren:

Lightly Whipped is on the left side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (Ghostwoods) is a male molemarian. He wields a silver whip and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears leather gauntlets and leather high boots.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields an iron whip and wears a steel helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a silver whip and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm.

Worse Munki is on the right side of the arena.
Experiment Twenty-Two (fallingdownjoe) is a female tigerman. She wields a copper long sword and a copper shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Strangler Than Fiction (Tunicate) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears an iron helm, a platinum mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and copper low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears leather leggings and leather high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, and leather gauntlets.

Worse Munki is a 2.77 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 8446.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3051.00 dwarfbucks for Lightly Whipped. It is a mystery for the ages why Lightly Whipped has so little faith from the public.

Sriracha is the fastest fighter on the field, but somehow wanders away so he doesn't get the first attack. The first actual damage is Fiction, biting away most of Trump's finger. In response, Trump hits Fiction in the head. Strangler Than Fiction is slain instantly, head flattened by minotaur horn. Lightly Whipped have their second kill of the tournament, and an early lead on this fight.

It's not the only fight on the field, though. Twenty-Two hacks up Ghost-Trees's foot, and Chaz manages a glancing blow on Grimmik.

The fight splits in two. Twenty-Two pulls aside Trump and Ghost-Trees, and the other four have a two-vs-two further south. Twenty-Two seems able to handle both of her foes, stabbing Trump as well and fending off the mole with her shield. Trump does manage a few hits... but copper armor means all she can deal is mild bruising. Twenty-Two's sword keeps hacking up the two foes, though, and soon Trump is unconscious. The southern melee... is so far largely inconclusive.

Trump survives multiple skull fractures. Grimmik actually was even further away a minute ago. Not sure what he's up to. Jupis gets his foot pancaked by Sriracha, falling over. Moments later, Jupis is beheaded by Chaz's halberd. Apparently we all hate stranglers today. Grimmik shows up again.

Sriracha bashes him in the guts and he's queasy. Sriracha and Chaz work over the tiny fighter. Chaz deals a lethal blow. So much for Lightly Whipped's early lead.

The dynamic duo arrive on the opposite side of Ghost-Trees from Twenty-Two, and hurt him further. Ghost-Trees has been disarmed and largely neutralized, in practical terms. Chaz steps away to split open Trump's head.

Meanwhile, Sriracha is torturing the mole, who can't feel pain. Bone after bone is broken by the elf's silver hammer. Unwilling to let Chaz work his magic again, the elf finally executes a leaping smash and the mole collapses, brainless.

Lightly Whipped are truly our whipping boys.

Final Score
Lightly Whipped: 1
Worse Munki: 4

Kills
Trump's Viscous Discharge: 1
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS: 1
Chaz Steadyfist: 3

Combat Log

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Entertaining and brutal. And it means that we have a new kill leader! A hat-trick means that Chaz Steadyfist now has the coveted 'Most killy' blood-spattered jersey with seven kills to his credit, overtaking his teammate Srirarcha Fartstorm Returns, who contents himself in the hallowed company of Albirik, Three Gremlins and Stumpy on the second tier.