Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Nothing doing? Let's move out."

Keep on moving according to original plan of hugging left wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
18/18 HP; 13 AC (13 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1
Lowlight Vision

The Animal carefully prowls forward while hugging the left wall, following the planned advance.

pre:
Predator
18/18 HP; 17 AC (13 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1)
Bite +7 vs. AC 1d6+5 piercing damage 
Speed 50
Lowlight Vision
Spot and Listen +6

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 3, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Val

Val pouts at Cal, indignant.
"Obviously we shouldn't run now, I just meant that if it's a troll, or a... or a golem, or something, that we should make an honest and realistic assessment of our chances."
She sniffs.
"If it's an ogre then by all means, we should attack."

Silence.
"And I am not an elf."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
As the adventurers make their way further into the cavern, their desire for excitement is finally fulfilled, as Val, the Animal, and Roarke hear a faint clattering of claws coming towards them from the darkness ahead. Val and the Animal, due to their enhanced vision, are the first to spot a pair of large lizards, perhaps five feet long, emerging from the shadows. One pauses to hiss out a threat, but the other rapidly rushes forward towards the group.

Surprise round, so a standard action only! Note that, due to low light vision, only Val and the Animal can actually see the lizards - the lighter gray area is dark to the rest of the party (and dim illumination for Val/Animal)

If the party is in a block (like Val/The Animal/Roarke are) feel free to act in whatever order you want.
Init:
Lizard One 22
Val 19 <- we are here.
The Animal 16
Roarke 6
Lizard Two 5

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 20, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
In 36 hours you lose your surprise round

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 21, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
"Hey lizards."

Thwip.

"Two of 'em. Maybe more, but there's one about 30 yards out. I... don't think I killed it?"

Standard attack on AX23, 25 for 4, 21 to confirm, and I always forget if you make additional damage rolls or multiply the original damage; 12 if multiply, 4+11=15 if additional rolls.
e: It looks like dim light grants concealment, you'll roll the miss chance?

zachol fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 21, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
AX23 lizard is hit for 15 (miss chance failed), still alive.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

"Mmmm... nope. Still moving. These things are tough, that was a solid hit."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Roarke

"Fuckin' hell, how many are there? I can't see poo poo!"

To fix that problem Roarke begins to move up cautiously until she can get eyes on these lizards. As soon as one's in sight she lets loose a bullet from her sling, letting the psiblade dissipate.

Moving up to BJ26. That should let me see the first lizard. Firing a sling missed on a 9, I'm sure.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
18/18 HP; 13 AC (13 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1
Lowlight Vision

The Animal rushes forth and bites the injured lizard, hopefully finishing it off.

pre:
Predator
18/18 HP; 17 AC (13 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1)
Speed 50
Lowlight Vision
Move up to BE-24
Bite vs nearest lizard's AC 1d20+7 17 for 1d6+5 10 piercing damage.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 3, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Roarke moves forward, brining the nearer lizard into the light, while the Animal discards caution and rushes forward, biting into the lizard and tearing off a chunk of flesh in his jaws. The further lizard charges him in return. He dodges the attack, but the distraction is enough for his initial target to bite him back, painfully

FYI if you have any buffs/changes from your normal sheet (like Ryuujin does for form changes), please do a combat block like he's been doing, otherwise I am likely to forget about it. I don't think it's an issue for anyone else right now, but keep it in mind.
Roarke can't actually attack, only a standard action in surprise rounds, so that's just a move (it would have missed anyway), The Animal can't move and attack so I'll count that as a standard-action-charge (that's actually the unwounded one). The remaining lizard standard-action-charges Animal but misses. The other lizard 5 foot steps and bites Animal for 9 damage.

For those without low light vision, you still can't see the BD23 lizard, it's still in the darkness until someone with a light moves closes, and the BE25 lizard is in dim light (and so has concealment)

Lizard One 22
Cal 19 <- We are here
Val 19
The Animal 16
Klem 15
Khaem 10
Roarke 6
Lizard Two 5

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

Val hums under her breath, taking potshots at the lizards. She really should've worked more on moving targets or something, hunted some squirrels.
At least she's not hitting the shapeshifter guy. That would be embarrassing.

Rapid shot for -6 in combat, jeez, 4 for 9 on BD23 and 5 for 9 on BE25. HMMMM.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"HELLLLPPPP!" screams Klem.

"I can't see them very well, someone with a light move closer!"

Delaying until someone with a light moves closer or Lizard Two acts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Crimson Calliope

""I swear, if one of you gets killed by oversized iguanas, I'm kicking over your headstone."

That little bit of exasperated blasphemy out of the way, Calliope charges forward, and slides low, thrusting up under the closer lizard with her rapier.

Charging to BF25 and bringing a light with me(!) to attack with my rapier.
Rapier Charge vs. BE25: 1d20+8 18 1d6+2 8
If an 18 is enough, 8 damage.

code:
HP: 19/19, AC: 16 (Touch: 12, FF: 12), Fort +4, Ref +7, Wil +4

CURRENT MODIFIERS
-2 AC (Charge)
-1 AC (Shield hand in use)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
09/18 HP; 13 AC (13 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1
Lowlight Vision

The Animal savages the most injured of the lizards, and hopes that someone he is traveling with actually has the ability to heal his wounds.

pre:
Predator
09/18 HP; 17 AC (13 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1)
Speed 50
Lowlight Vision
Bite vs nearest lizard's AC 1d20+7 22 for 1d6+5 9 piercing damage.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 3, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Cal's charge puts a long cut along the lizard's side, leaving it distracted enough for the Animal to bite onto it's throat and snap its neck.

The Animal and Cal both hit the BE25 lizard, killing it. Everyone can now see the lizard.

Cal 19
Val 19
The Animal 16
Klem 15 <- We are here
Khaem 10
Roarke 6
Lizard Two 5

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Klem's lance fails to strike, but Killer proves his name as his talons tear open the lizard's guts, killing it.

Fight over (posted before Bouquet because he was rolling in chat and I have to leave.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Lizards, Killer! That's almost as good as cannibalism. Come on girl, chaaarrrgggeee!"

The clawfoot hisses hungrily and darts forward. Klem readies his lance but the dinosaur's jolting run throws off his aim and the lance skids across the floor a foot wide of the lizard. Killer lives up to her name, however, leaping up to come down on the lizard with the razor sharp talons on her rear legs. She immediately begins chewing on the impaled lizard's head, hissing cheerfully.

Klem
Free action - Ride (guide with knees DC 5) = autosucceed
Free action - Ride (fight with warhorse DC 10) = autosucceed
Move action - Handle Animal (Handle an animal DC 10-2 (Magebred)=8) = autosucceed
Standard action (Ready a lance attack when at proper range). To hit: 1 + 5 = 6. *sad trombone*
Killer
Full round - Charge with talons. To hit: 8 + 6 + 2 (charge) = 16. Damage: 5 +5 = 10 if hits.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

Rising back to her feet, Cal wipes her blade on a bit of her cloak, but keeps it at the ready. No reason to put it away when they've still got an ogre(!!!) to hunt.

"Well, we just made enough noise that I think they heard us in the next cave over. Buckle up and heal up, kids, this is just getting started."

code:
HP: 19/19, AC: 18 (Touch: 14, FF: 14), Fort +4, Ref +7, Wil +4
Spot/Listen: +6

CURRENT MODIFIERS

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 22, 2015

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Roarke

"Huh. That was quick. If everything else in here is as tiny as that, this is gonna be a piece of cake."

Roarke glosses over the fact that she did exactly nothing in the fight except provide a little extra light, but hey, it's a contribution. She's still earning her cut.

pre:
HP: 21/21, AC: 16 (Touch: 16, FF: 13), Fort +5, Ref +6, Wil +6
Spot/Listen/Hide/Move Silent +8

CURRENT MODIFIERS
None

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Anyone need that?" asks Klem, pointing at the other dead lizard. "Wolf man?" he adds towards The Animal.

When no one stakes a claim, the deputy gives Killer her head and the clawfoot tears into the rest of her meal.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Khaemwaset steps towards the Animal, clapping a hand on his back.

"I admire your ferocity friend, but prudence is the better part of valor. Lucky for you, Anhur understands."

Divine Recovery(touch) for +8 HP

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

When Killer has finished her meal (and the Animal has been healed, but it's clear that has little bearing on the matter), Klem says, "Alright everyone, back in formation, this is working well so far! Advance!"

Keep on moving forward along left wall.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The adventurers, after taking a moment to recover, continue their quest to murder their way through this cave. As they enter a long, narrow cavern, they can hear a hissing noise coming from up ahead. As they approach, the Animal is the first to sight the dire rat nest, with the half dozen or so dire rats hissing at them in front of it.

Again, low light vision people are the only ones who can see anything. Nobody is surprised this time, so no surprise round.

Initiative:
The Party<- We are here
The Rats

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

"Looks like we're back to pest control." Cal bounces her blade in her hand, calmly taking a few steps forward as she waits for the vermin to approach. "Guess the ogre wasn't hungry for rat."

Move to AE and ready an action to attack the first rat that comes into range.

code:
HP: 19/19, AC: 18 (Touch: 14, FF: 14), Fort +4, Ref +7, Wil +4

CURRENT MODIFIERS
Readied Action:
Readied Rapier: 1d20+6 17 1d6+2 4

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset

"This corridor is just wide enough ahead for us to surround the enemy, we should move up, hold position, and let them come to us. In the meantime, thinning their numbers before they arrive seems wise."

That said, he turns and casts Magic Weapon(+1 to Attack and Damage) on Val's bow.

Suggesting everyone but Val fan out into the AH-AI rows for flanking bonuses

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Surrender, foul creatures, and you won't be eaten! Everyone knows that's a recipe for a trip to the apothecary anyway," calls Klem as he moves up beside Cal.

Killer move action: Move to AE11 (assuming Cal in AE10)
Killer standard: ready talon attack. +6 to hit 1d8+5 damage
Klem standard: ready lance attack. +5 to hit 1d6+1 damage

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
17/18 HP; 13 AC (13 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1
Lowlight Vision

The Animal huffs a thanks for the healing, then continues with the others. When they come across a dire rat nest he readies to rush, then listens to the plan one of the others had. A plan to set a line and draw the dire rats in. He growls an affirmative and then moves up next to one of the others preparing to receive the rats. Then he opens his jaws, beginning to pant, as he readies to strike

pre:
Predator
17/18 HP; 17 AC (13 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1)
Speed 50
Lowlight Vision
If people actually go to AH-AI rows to prepare then The Animal will do the same, hoping to get a flanking chance if possible. Otherwise he will line up with the others on the AE line or wherever.
Readied Action:
Bite vs approaching dire rat (readied action) 1d20+7 12 for 1d6+5 9 piercing damage.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 3, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The adventurers move forward, taking up a defensive position paralleling the dire rats.

AE row is now full. Everyone can now see the frontmost rat (though it's still in dim light for those without low light vision), but the others are still in shadow for those without low light vision.

Init:
The Rest of the Party
Roarke <- We are here
Val
Rats

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 26, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

Val takes a shot, hears it 'clink' off in the distance, squints, and takes a slightly better shot. Gross little vermin.
She shifts forward a little, peering past the group. Wow, there's a lot of the buggers.

Rapid shot, 2 at U9, 8 for 5 and 18 for 3, 5' step to AL10.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Roarke

"Rats..."

It's both a descriptive noun and a declarative statement. A bunch of really big rats, if the shifting movement in the shadows is any indication. Might as well see how many there are. Roarke moves up and summons her weapon before tossing the torch toward the nearest rat. It's not real fire, just a magical source of light. But the rats don't know that. It might scatter them.

Moving to AF10 and tossing the everburning torch at W9. I don't really care where it lands as long as it's nearby. The light will reveal the rest.

pre:

CURRENT MODIFIERS
None

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 26, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Val's first arrow goes wide, but the second wings a rat in the side. Roarke attempts to throw her everburning torch at the rats, but it slips from her hand early, striking The Animal on the back and falling to the ground. The rats, trapped and cornered, rush forward in attack. The waiting adventurers attack, but only Cal hits, heavily wounding one of the rats. The rat's attacks prove superior, as both Klem and Cal are bitten.

Val hits a rat for 3 but doesn't kill it. Roarke nat 1's the throw and hits The Animal in the back. Three rats charge. Animal misses. Cal hits a rat for 4 but doesn't kill it. Klem and Killer miss. Klem is hit for 1, Cal is hit for 4. The remaining rats move up behind them.
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/JVjzs5B.png[/url][/timg]
AD10 and AB9 are wounded.

Init:
The Party <- We are here
The Rats

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 27, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

Val advances, humming, grumbling at the thrashing little jerks. Well at least she can just shoot into the back rank...

5' step to AK10, rapid shot, AB10 at 14 for 5 and 16 for 9, switch to AB11 if the first shot drops it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

"Finally!" Cal grins wickedly, tossing her own torch over her shoulder without a second thought. With the everburning torch on the ground behind them, the long shadows dance as she moves, stabbing and swinging with her shield.

...without hitting a drat thing, apparently.

Drop the torch, full attack against AD10. If the first hit drops it, hit AD9 instead.

Full Attack vs AD10/AD9 (Rapier, Shield): 1d20+4 11 1d6+2 6 1d20+4 5 1d3+1 4

gently caress.

code:
HP: 15/19, AC: 19 (Touch: 14, FF: 16), Fort +4, Ref +7, Wil +4

CURRENT MODIFIERS
None

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset

Moving up to stand behind The Animal.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

Klem and Killer are a flurry of biting and stomping and stabbing. Three rats meet their end beneath their assorted sharp pointy bits.

You forgot some AoO's (I've got 3) when the rats left the lance's threatened space:
vs. AD10: 15 to hit, 5 damage
vs. AD11: 12 to hit, 6 damage

Pretty sure that takes out AD10.

Killer free action: 5' step to AD10
Killer full action: Full Attack. Talons vs AD11, 12 to hit, assuming miss
Foreclaws vs AD11, 16 and 7 to hit, 5 damage
Bite vs AD9, 16 to hit, 5 damage

Klem standard action: Lance attack vs AB9 with Combat Expertise 2, 10 to hit
Klem free action: designate AB9 as target of Shield Block

pre:
Klem HP: 17/18, AC: 21 (Touch: 15, FF: 17), Fort +5, Ref +4, Wil +7
Ride +9 Listen +4

CURRENT MODIFIERS AND CONDITIONALS
-Combat Expertise for 2: +2 dodge bonus to AC, -2 to hit until start of next turn
-Additional +1 shield bonus vs AB9 rat
-3 available AoO
-Will try to use mount as cover (DC 15 Ride check) if Klem is attacked
-1/round will try to use Mounted Combat feat (Ride check becomes AC of mount if it is an improvement) to prevent attack vs. Killer 
pre:
Killer HP: 20/20, AC: 19 (Touch: 13 FF: 15), Fort +6, Ref +7, Wil +1
Spot/Listen +10

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 28, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
re:AoOs - yep, forgot about lance. The AD10 rat died, but one of the other rats then charged to fill the space so the front line is/was still full.

Edit2: or at least he would have if your third AoO wouldn't have taken it out too. Cal no longer took damage. Between that and the rest of the attacks, the only rats left are at AB8 and AB9

Piell fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 28, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yay, no damage!

I'll be more competent once my auto enchant power kicks in, promise.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
17/18 HP; 13 AC (13 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1
Lowlight Vision

The Animal rushes through the fallen bodies, taking a wolf's tactic of coming from all sides. He slips around the fight and using his superior speed to get to the other side of the rats, making it easier for his pack to attack from the other side. Then he lunges forward and bites the injured rat.

pre:
Predator
17/18 HP; 17 AC (13 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +4/Ref +5/Will +1)
Speed 50
Lowlight Vision
Did that nat 1 do any damage to the Animal?
Move up and around to AA9
Bite vs AB9 dire rat 1d20+7 15 for 1d6+5 8 piercing damage.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Roarke

Now that there's a bit of room, Roarke heads into the thick of things. The green blade pulses with mental energy and she moves forward to take a mighty swing at one of the rats.

[i]Moving to AC11 to attack the rat at AB11. Attack roll: 1d20+5 17. Damge roll: 2d6+3 10

pre:

CURRENT MODIFIERS
None

• Locked thread