Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
All children are made of literal glass and if any child ever cries that child will grow up to be a serial killer, gotcha. Thanks somethingawfuldotcom goon psychologists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not "Children are incredibly fragile and will be broken if they suffer any hardship ever." The problem is that kids implicitly and unconditionally trust authority figures like their parents, and you can cause some major rifts if you gently caress with them for laughs. Not every kid ends up with problems, but it's a really easy way to do it.

The absolute worst is if they have autism. A coworker of mine has an autistic son, who I know because he occasionally comes in to do menial jobs like shredding and dividing cards and booklets into smaller piles. He's incredibly gullible, to the point where his mom had to teach him "Sometimes, people are mean and are encouraging you to do something just because they want to laugh at you" because he's 15 and other students could still tell him poo poo like "The principal said you need to go stand on your head in the corner" and he'd just walk over and do it. But at the same time, she'll tell him incredibly unbelievable lies that he immediately believes until you tell him that it was just a joke. She does this because she knows how gullible he is and wants a laugh. I've been trying and failing to discourage her from counteracting her own attempts to stop him from being so easily hosed with.

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay buy you're kinda missing the point of what I said? Kids loving up and hurting themselves is normal and an important part of learning about how the world works and how to navigate dangers. I'm talking about when parents are like "You know what? gently caress my kid's implicit trust in me. I'm going to give them sponges for their birthday and make fun of them when they get upset."

It's not a whole lot different from bullying them in school, just minus any physical beatings.

chitoryu12. please post the trick your parents played on you that made you this way

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

kizudarake posted:

If they ever perfect a time machine, I'm going back in time to the 1800s and deposit a hundred dollars into a bank account. I'm then going to travel forward in time to the year you were born and offer your parents all the money from the account to prank you in some manner every week from age two until you graduate high school.

actually, this has already been done and that child grew up to be Hitler so

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Apocadall posted:

The real worry is once they start using predictive analysis of peoples habits to look for people who "may" become criminals. It's basically moving into thought crime territory really fast. Right now it's limited to the NSA and large government agencies but how many years until your local police force has a computer running predictions on their community to look for "issues"?

Most local police departments barely have the staff/funding to keep up with the work they already have. They're not going to hire a bunch of geeks to make more "work" for them because Jim Bob bought hacksaw blades and rubber gloves in the same Amazon purchase.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
a recipe literally requiring a ten-foot pole

Now I want to see one of those guys who make videos of throwing basketballs through hoops from 100 yards away chuck a turkey into a fryer from their neighbor's roof

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Ball Cupper posted:

All opinions are edgy, and no-one should post them IMO

this post is 2 edgy 4 me, pls have fewer edges tia

i find edges very triggering

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
would have been funnier if this happened with Chinese Democracy

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
could we get some vids of dogs hurting themselves on hoverboards? I want goon input on whether that should make me feel good or bad

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

*stares down at clipboard*
*slowly checks box next to "overheats with prolonged use"*
okay... lets ship this puppy

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
instead of by state, americans should identify where they're from by the nearest mass shooting

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Stoatbringer posted:

Aw, I was hoping it would be a Chuck Tingle novel.

Pounded in the Rump by Donald Trump

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

mobby_6kl posted:

In fact, it's then slowly replaced by Schadenfreude during this period.

I love the final snip to take off that little bit that's above the dotted line.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

FAROOQ posted:

College educated white girls who move to san fransisco for customer service work deserve the worst possible interpretation of their actions and intents.

you might even say they are :ducksiren: asking for it :ducksiren:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Hold on guys I want to give you my unique take on what sports are worth watching *wetly farts into pants leaving stain on chair*

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Wanamingo posted:

Not even a whole page.

Why don't they just close the drat road and make traffic go through one of the literal dozens of other intersections that cross the rail without a 11'8" bridge?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Aerdan posted:

Melt, no. Cause to flex like a wet noodle? Very yes.

Boiling water can't melt semolina pasta

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Is there just no concern about the structural integrity of the bridge being threatened from monthly impacts by trailers? Seems like the public should be at least a little concerned that the road setup causes routine accidents that potentially, even if unlikely, threaten to derail a train.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Cobweb Heart posted:

edit ^^^^^^ That one was better ^^^^

One more time, because we don't need a third sucker to drop in wondering "wuh- well why don't they just make it taller??": The case is that the bridge's height cannot be changed! 1. It is above a sewer or water main. 2. It is supporting train tracks. 3. You cannot scootch either infrastructure even an inch without loving them up. 4. To completely redesign and reconstruct the infrastructure would mean immense, obviously unfeasible expense, particularly since it would be almost entirely for the benefit of fools who operate vehicles without proper awareness of the vehicle's size, and what's more, the time it would take to shut down the entire drat area and break everything apart would equal probably over several year's worth of crashes, pulling a figure out of my rear end. I can't wrap my mind around why you would think you, who I can safely assume are not a road engineer, would be the only voice to notice and suggest the most obvious, childish, unrealistic solution - the only voice in this thread - but, actually, I can wrap my mind around it, and it's because you rated your problem-solving so high, and cared so very little for every other poster in the thread, that you just had to get your stunted thoughts down onto data to, what, get forum accolades? For proposing a meaningless fix to a source of good videos? What the gently caress? Clever boy! If you're reading this drat thread, you should be expected to read every post, carefully, meticulously, to ascertain its content before saving or discarding. The entire point is that when the last judgment occurs the one with the dopest and funniest pics will be Jesus's winner. This thread ought to have a very high schaden-to-noise ratio and a big ol gently caress you to anyone who blithely brings it down. You're ruining us all, and you're ruining yourself.

ok but what if they just made the bridge wider and the trucks could go in sideways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tetracube posted:

The most efficient solution would be to lower the road so it intersects with the sewage, then install a sewage crossing

Every hour or so the floodgates open and a poo poo ton of raw sewage slowly slides across

I don't see how giving the bridge an SA account solves anything