Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, how dare he not show the Miss Universe pageant the respect and propriety it deserves on such an august occasion.

"Terribly honest human mistake" is the quickest distancing maneuver I think I've ever seen. It's like saying "We all gently caress up, don't we? That inherently lessens my error." as your opening line during an apology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

AlphaKretin posted:

But I mean, again, these stupid things aren't the first, fastest, or easiest to use product of its kind. Even if people are so lazy that "replacement for walking" is a product on par with loving mobile phones, that niche has already been filled by plenty of products that don't result in a page of crash pictures in this thread. Please tell me that me reading posts here as advocating these things is a gross misreading. Or else that the posts saying so are trolling and I'm just a fool.

Something Awful users choose to post in forums in the year 2015- we're mild luddites by nature.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

I was very afraid that the little puppy had fallen on its head

Please be okay little puppy :ohdear:

Wanamingo posted:

Why does she have a video camera that's constantly recording footage of her living room?

Because she was filming herself being cute with the puppy?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Woah, he's... uh... really keepin' that hand there, isn't he?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm personally hoping we get a dystopian ciderpunk future, where viscious cider-gangs fight for control of the distilleries, and the only currency worth anything is the nuAPPPLE.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Cidertown."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Looks like she's not used to being swiped left.

Odobenidae posted:

THe schadenferude is on people who read still read cracked in the year of our lord 2016.

The schadenfreude is that people still feel the need to make sure everyone knows that they hate Cracked.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

This is some Red Green poo poo, man. Straight-up comedy.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rough Lobster posted:

If you manage to power through the sourness, Warheads actually get pretty delicious. I remember Black Cherry having the biggest sweetness payoff in regards to its sourness.

You know that morality quote about how we wouldn't appreciate comfort if there weren't suffering?

Warheads are that, in candy form.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

why the gently caress does he crunch them up, the whole point is that if you let them melt off the sour outer coating the interior gives you the most satisfying relief even though it's basically just hard fruit candy

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Strudel Man posted:

Is there irony in the fact that the headline says they're "spelling out the N-word with their shirts" when in fact it's effectively one of those semi-censored versions, not actually spelled out?

There is irony in any headline that uses 'the N-word' rather than just spelling out the actual word being used. Or, at least, using "n*****" or something.

'The N-word' is such a childish way of putting it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ekuNNN posted:

Nope. He did not deserve to be tasered at all and it's hosed up you think he does just based on his retarded beliefs. He was no threat, and tasers are meant as an alternative to shooting someone with a gun. I hope the guy tasering him got fired because using a weapon on someone because they annoy you is, well pretty expected from US law enforcement actually so he probably kept his job.

Yeah dude. Use of fully disclosed nonlethal force on someone trying to forcibly enter a restricted area is totally out of bounds.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ekuNNN posted:

He was standing outside, filming, demanding to be let in and being ridiculous. Nothing that made it so a weapon needed to be used, and it wouldnt have been in most countries outside the US. Also, tasers aren't non-lethal and killed about 50 people in 2015 by causing heart-attacks and such.

You don't get a pass on illegal behaviour by being silly, he clearly attempted to move into the restricted area after being told the consequence for such an action (which means probable motivation), and your taser concern trolling has been duly noted.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
He didn't need that collarbone anyway.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Birb Katter posted:

Denying visas because you don't like someones political views is not a great precedent.

I don't think "rape is a good thing for men to do and women all deserve it" really qualifies as a political view.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

buttcoinbrony posted:

i choose to believe that snoop dogg is standing off camera to the left

Not even doing anything, just sort of being there in the room?

Yeah, I can dig it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hyperlynx posted:

But aside from that, the point is to waste the time of the companies, who nobody wants to hear from in the first place and who have often been told before not to call in the second. If that means making someone's poo poo job a bit shittier, so be it. At least they get paid either way (I hope).

People who do calls like that get hosed if a call wastes their time and doesn't end in a sale. You're not sending any kind of message any higher up than potentially that caller's supervisor, who is also a wage slave.

E: I yelled at a receptionist for an hour until she cried. She missed three calls and now she has to go to a meeting to discuss her efficiency. Take that, Microsoft!

Somfin has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Feb 8, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The best part about this was the incredibly whiny response from our prime minister. In a single interview, he decried this as being childish, and also said that he had a response for the protesters that addressed all of their concerns but he wasn't gonna say it now because they were being so mean you guys.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Foxhound posted:

Someone do a quick summary on this guy for non-US goons?

All you need to know about Scalia is that he cited 24 as a reason that torture should be legal.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Happy Landfill posted:

Courtesy of twitter

:allears:

Ah, that's the good stuff.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Telemaze posted:

That's not a living wage in most of the USA, let's be real here.

I find a lot more fault with San Francisco's outrageous rent prices, and the stagnation of American wages in general (even including the recent min. wage increases), than with a Poor Trying to Live Above Her Means, but I guess that's me being overly sentimental.

She loving chose to move to San Francisco.

It's true that the state of affairs in America in general is hosed. I'm not saying that it shouldn't get better for everyone. But at the moment, it is hosed, and holy poo poo she chose to move to loving San Francisco. Apparently she expected to be protected from becoming the cliche of the financially struggling English Lit major simply by understanding that the situation was a cliche, rather than by, y'know, not moving to loving San Francisco.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

HEY NONG MAN posted:

God that whole post was so so loving sad. Jesus what a terrible life that guy must have.

Correction- what a loving comfortable life that guy must have to believe that this matters. I can almost smell the lack of rent payments in the words of that post.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

Why is my mouth watering

Pickling is often harder on the jar

Somfin has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Apr 13, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

We were so close to mentioning Steve Jobs without the cancer/overprice garbage circle jerk but you guys just can't help yourself can you?

Apple user spotted

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

No bananas, no glass jar of red sauce that shatters and somehow splashes up high enough to reach her white top, no bottle of soda that pops open. 2/10, Murphy, ya picked the wrong target.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Marathanes posted:

Welcome to Flavortown?

WHO RUN FLAVORTOWN!?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

That's gotta be made up. I honestly can't believe anyone who can use a computer is retarded enough to send a girl 200 emails in 24 hours. It's just impossible. That's like one every few minutes gently caress no.

Well lah dee dah look who never had a horrifically awkward high school experience they wish had never happened

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

trickybiscuits posted:

Every time I see this I wonder what she would be like if she was conventionally attractive. Probably just as unbearable, but in a different way.

I always wonder why no-one else in the audience is either chanting or reacting to this.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

So is Suicide Squad bad? I mean, there's a work thing selling tickets to its NZ opening for a charity event. I just went in the raffle, I had a kinda feeling that it would be a rancid turd.

Look at Will Smith's face on any of the posters.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Locator posted:

That is the best thing I've read all week, hell might be the best thing I've read all year. It's beautiful.

It's such beautiful timing. Lay out the case for one full page, plop a cliffhanger just before the page turn, tomahawk slam single paragraph on page two. You can almost hear the feedback from the mic dropping.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

Granted, but any day when George Zimmerman gets punched in the face is better than a comparable day when George Zimmerman does not get punched in the face.

I am increasingly okay with Zimmerman being "fair game" until the racist fuckwad learns some humanity. I try to be neutral and understanding but his utter lack of empathy gives me chills.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

dudes getting racked in the nuts is loving funny you bunch of sissy prudes

A bloo bloo people don't like what I like it's probably because they're just not manly enough to like it I'm super confident in my tastes by the way

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

White people get the safety of Broadway and the ability to pat themselves on the back for appreciating "rap"

It's a smugness buy-one-get-one sale

:ironicat: but imagine the ironicat gradually growing and devouring the post

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm rather indifferent to Hamilton, and will probably not see it just because I don't care :shrug:

Non-Stop won me over completely.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hang on, dude, I haven't even gotten to the part where some uppity white lady says "it's so great that a poor unfortunate from a destitute latin american country wrote this; i have a lot of respect for him and his people"

Can we skip ahead to the bit where you explain that while their expression of those sentiments was invalid, your expression of those exact same sentiments (but phrased differently) is totally valid?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

Actually what I wanted was for them to kill off almost everybody, including Tim Kring.

At least kill off Sylar. After he survived the Season 1 finale I knew the story was going wrong. A dark mirror antagonist only works if the story loving resolves the contrast at some point.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

bamhand posted:

Jason Miller

Ooh, a new persona!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

That is a helluva an article. On one hand I'm glad justice was served. On the other....24 officers for a sting on a suburban housewifes marijuana charge? I mean, they should definitely get these obviously dangerous people away from the school, but uhhhh thats a lot of resources.

With some people, you have to make a show of force. It was less about definitely bringing someone in, and more about showing a couple of powerful, connected, influential people that they had no allies on this one.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

TontoCorazon posted:

30 if you want the apple branded super unique special made one. 5 bucks from a non labeled one you buy on Amazon that's made in the same factory as the apple one.

And 20 cents on Ali Express if you want to cut out the middleman

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Takes No Damage posted:

That Ann Coulter best of didn't include my favorite burn from the clip they played on the radio this afternoon. One of the female speakers said that the only person to whom AC will ever bring any joy is the Mexican who digs her grave.

And risk her seeping into the groundwater? No fuckin' way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

spog posted:

Much as we should hate her, you can't deny that building up a company valued at $9 billion in about ten years is bloody impressive.

The South Sea Trading Company was valued at more money than existed in all of England, and that took it a year. And that was achieved without the internet or telephones. Big modern numbers ain't got poo poo.