Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I was trying to find the Youtube of this, but instead I found something else to share with the thread.

Woman Pleasures Herself While Driving A Mini, Crashes Into A Van posted:

A driver has been left red-faced after she crashed her Mini into the back of a van - while pleasuring herself.

The anonymous woman, who was stuck in traffic at the time, got a jolt from the blue when her car suddenly lurched forwards and hit the M&J Seafood van in front of her.

Described as “fit” and in her 30s, the woman swapped details after the accident - but it wasn’t until van bosses checked the footage from the camera at the back of the vehicle that they noticed what caused the crash.

The woman had been using a sex toy on herself, possibly to alleviate the boredom of traffic.

A source told Gloucestershire Echo that the van driver was worried about getting the sack as the accident happened on his first ever shift for the company.

They said: “The bosses told him it wasn’t his fault and then said ‘Have you seen this?’.

“He was like 'what the ****’.

“They all had a good laugh. Apparently the lady was pretty fit.”

Despite a lot of requests, M&J Seafood are refusing to release the video, saying the matter was in the hands of their insurers.

Wonder if they have policies that cover for what that woman was up to…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Does Russia/Europe have a lot of pedestrian walking the street PSA commercials? This poo poo gets grounded into your brain in America

European PSAs are pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL6t-Eu-IY

I can't tell if the cartoon SPLAT at :44 was in the original commercial or added by the uploader, but either way I approve.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Roro posted:

There's another Irish one that I had to watch my first year of college, and I literally have flashbacks to the screaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YEoYGArMas
Fucks sake, Ireland.

This was the one I was looking for, but then I found SPLAT and had to post it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sel Nar posted:

So, remember that shithead Shkreli, who jacked an anti-parasitic drug's price by 5500% a few months ago?

http://usuncut.com/class-war/martin-shkreli-explodes-1-dollar-aids-pill

Karma came calling.

More technical article at http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/10/drug-with-rage-inducing-5000-price-hike-now-has-1pill-competitor/ but this is awesome. There's probably a good market in producing a bunch of cheap pills for Africa, and it sounds like they're using two drugs that are already pretty well known so hopefully not getting tested by the FDA doesn't bite everyone in the rear end.

e:fb

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Oct 23, 2015

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Slime posted:

At this point I'm finding myself thinking that he did all this for some hosed up e-fame reasons. Everyone knows who he is now, he's a BIG NAME even if everyone knows who he is because he's a massive loving turd of a person.

Yeah and in the circles he runs in, being a gigantic rear end in a top hat to poor people isn't a bad thing, so he's doing fine. Regrettable lack of schadenfreude here. :smith:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

There are still lines that you're not supposed to cross, though. He's preemptively torpedoed a lot of business because his name is so toxic for PR. That will probably fade eventually, but so will whatever benefit he hoped to eke out of this whole deal.

It's not a completely terrible plan, because starting up production is fairly expensive. No one is going to invest a bunch of money to get in a price-cutting war for a moderately overpriced orphan drug. If he had been smart enough to charge $75 instead of $750 his company would have been safely lost in the crowd of drug companies doing the same thing, but he got too greedy and burned himself.

I'm thinking he's trying to turn CEO at a gimmick company into VP of Synergy at one of the big corporations, so he wouldn't be out front anyway.

E: Or maybe he's a gigantic dumbass. Both options are not mutually exclusive.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

What Fortune 500 company is going to want to announce they just hired Cocklord Megahitler right after he blew a huge wad of money on an acquisition that he made unprofitable after a couple months and will probably ultimately lose money on? He managed to gently caress up easy money (again, this is a completely by the books play--the company he bought the drug from had done the exact same thing a couple years back, but they only hiked the price to $13.50.)

I stand by my edit of 'both.' :colbert:

Schadenfreude has been restored.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables/

The real schadenfreude is that modern wealth inequality is so staggeringly high that there are people who can piss away literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on a home stereo without giving a poo poo about the fact that it's all pure marketing hype.

checkmate, poors:smuggo:

full disclosure i'm poor af

I think I have a plan to fix poverty, but I'm going to need a shitload of metal hangers and heat shrink wrap.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Yeah, stuff like that never happens in the refined and elite world of Formula 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Formula_One_crash_controversy

Oh, wait.

That kinda proves the point though.

F1: Hmm, if we hit the wall right here, the leaders can't pit until they do another lap, which should put us in the lead.

NASCAR: gently caress THAT IMA HIT THAT FUCKER. *chugs natty ice, crushes can against forehead*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nitrox posted:

Uber drivers are hilariously under equipped to deal with anything other than clean polite middle class demographic.

It seems like he handled the situation pretty well though? Sure he got sucker punched, but he ended up handling it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I stand corrected, F1 drivers are the trailer trash of Europe much like NASCAR is in America.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mulva posted:

Yes I too can't wait until Goole DPIs all my traffic and builds a database that allows the local, state and federal government to track me even more than they already do.

If Comcast was competent enough, they'd already be doing this anyway.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Besesoth posted:

Not sure where you're going with this. Like - isn't that the point of the Steam Machines? That you don't have to spend a grand to get a fully-functional computer to play your Steam games on?

Problem is that you can't actually build a console-tier gaming PC for console prices. (You could if you were making as many Steam Machines as PS4s/XBox Ones, but Valve isn't gonna get anywhere close to those numbers.)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't like it when infants are injured, no schaden for me :smith:

My roommate has that exact same mirror, it weighs about 5lbs (cheapest/thinnest mirror possible on a cardboard backing) and is flexible. Kid's fine, laugh away.

E: You can see him bend it when he first leans on it, it's that flimsy.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Dec 20, 2015

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Lurking Haro posted:

Prices stay the same through the whole sale now.

The schadenfreude is on Steam then, the flash sales were a great way to get nerds to keep checking the store every 6 hours and eventually impulse buying something.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Kids are gonna act how their parents raised them or allow them to act. No sympathy.

With the added bonus of recording him and putting him on the internet instead of having a discussion about not being a dick. :smith:

E:

HEY NONG MAN posted:

If my kid ever reacts that way after I've given him a gift I paid cash money for, I'll just shoot myself in the head because obviously I'm a huge loving failure.

Kid's gonna do it at least once, the question is how do you react as a parent.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Dec 27, 2015

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Xenoletum posted:

The real pleasure is watching people fall over themselves using hoverboards/swagways/electric skateboards.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

titties posted:

Or leave them alone because you are not the focal point of existence and it doesn't have anything to do with you. You would know this were you not all filthy millennial bastards

We were laughing at skateboarders before you were born, whats a VHS

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LogisticEarth posted:

The irony in this post is that, years ago, the Razor-style mini-scooters were also crazy-popular holiday gifts, and also caused shitloads of injuries and falls when people got out and used them for the first time:

Example:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2001-11-21/news/0111210139_1_riding-scooters-toys-toy-related-injuries

Obviously, scooters had been around forever but the razors were way more unstable as they were initially hyped for tricks and whatnot. Nowadays they seem pretty ubiquitous for kids.

fake edit: :corsair:

Razors have poo poo ground clearance and a bunch of the injuries came when people bottomed out their scooter on something like a sidewalk ramp.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I read that as UNLAID and I missed the real joke.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

My worst ever dog injury was from a poorly trained Golden Retriever that noticed me 'leaving the pack' (walking away from a conversation to go to the bathroom) and bit the gently caress out of my achilles tendon. No skin break but goddamn if that isn't the worst place to have a bruise, was limping for a few days.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Looked to me like it wasn't even the lifter who hosed up, it was his buddy who adjusted the weights.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The schadenfreude is Americans seeing the 'blocked in your country' error.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The best part: everybody is dealing with it well except the two women (fourth and third from the right) who immediately buckle and flop like they didn't expect gravity. The rest of the people handle it well, but those two women just ruin it for everybody. Seriously, the fourth from the right didn't even try to adjust before she did a header into the ground.

The part that kills me is the end where the last three on the right end just hit the ground like potatoes.

God dammit grandma, you know I love you but you're off the competitive seesaw team. Get your head in the game and try out next season.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Looking closer I think you're right. I'm not 100% on 2nd from right though.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Too too *pause*

Tutu *pause*

Ice-T's character:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

I doubt anyone from outside your state has any idea what you're talking about so how 'bout you guys provide some background or something.

As a Portlander from the state of Awregone let me tell you about how those people who took over a wildlife refuge are feeling right now

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Not to get all D&D in here but he deserves a safe prison sentence and unfortunately that means he's probably going to spend the rest of his life in Administrative Segregation which is what they call solitary confinement when you haven't broken a prison rule.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

That's the point. Solitary does beat being shank-raped to death in the yard, but it's still gonna suck.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

No no no no no, we are really really close to an American law enforcement derail and I fuckin' love those things

Nobody post the "why not to talk to the police" video yet; it's not time ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

Nope. He did not deserve to be tasered at all and it's hosed up you think he does just based on his retarded beliefs. He was no threat, and tasers are meant as an alternative to shooting someone with a gun. I hope the guy tasering him got fired because using a weapon on someone because they annoy you is, well pretty expected from US law enforcement actually so he probably kept his job.

What's the alternative? They tried talking, that didn't work. Letting him walk past isn't gonna happen. You could go hands (or batons) on with the guy, but you'll probably end up hurting him worse than the taser.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

flosofl posted:

Now hold on, if the flag had fringe he may have a point here.

Maybe the cops should have beat the gently caress out of him with a flagpole holding a gold fringed American flag. I'd pay money to see that.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Were you talking about what I said specifically? People like to run really high watts for the simple sake of blowing huge clouds. Apparently they even have competitions or something. But higher watts does vape more juice faster, so hell if I know. I'm actually starting to get tired of mine after 3 months, without any craving to go back to cigarettes so I'm happy.

The Venn diagram of people who are using e-cigs to stop smoking and people who overclocked their e-cig doesn't have much overlap.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Actually, don't buy smokes for kids who are too young/dumb to realize how serious being addicted to nicotine is.

please stop pushing vaping on teenagers

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

He forgot his walking vodka and had to come back home.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

C.M. Kruger posted:

Courtesy of the crappy construction thread in DIY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGX6lqkeevE

4th meal

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

More like Jeb...*audible sigh*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ancient Shaolin Secrets of the Six Shkreli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dalax posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-35490011

:wales: .gif

I mean, it's actually really sad, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it.

quote:

Darren Bray, 29, of Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, blacked out as he ate the 99p burger following a night out with friends in October 2015.
Cardiff Coroner's Court heard Mr Bray, who had been drinking, but not enough to affect his judgement, died from a blockage to his airway.

I'm not entirely convinced here BBC.