Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Will never poo poo in a public toilet again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
So it is. Took for granted that it was one of those surprise huntsman spiders

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

Idiots doing their thing and getting hurt on camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgVAu_80Hs

Didn't the second guy falling off the stage get crippled or die?

What a great design for a game show. Railing-less stairs with a sheer drop right next to a guest entrance tunnel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkKRkfZYhlE

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah there are ways to fall off of a bicycle to reduce the risk of injury but if you're near the front/middle of a multi-bike pile-up you're pretty boned. That's why it's best to stay near the outsides of a pack, but maintaining that position is next to impossible during the course of an entire race.

Bicyclists are exponentially more likely to receive fatal injuries when struck by a car, so most likely the worst you'd see in a crash like that is broken bones, given you're wearing a helmet. Then again it's possible to reach speeds of 50+ mph on a bike in some conditions so your results may vary.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

:mediocre:

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Similarly I once lit several guitar picks on fire in my room when I was a kid and marveled at how aggressively the fire burnt, like a butane torch. What I didn't consider was that fumes were also being burned off just as aggressively from the plastic and one whiff knocked me out instantly. I woke up with a killer headache and a freshly singed carpet. I was lucky enough not to have burned the house down.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB0lXPiJ_pk

New Failarmy redneck edition. The stunt near the end is pretty brutal, surprised the guy got up and was able to run after that.

speshl guy has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Nov 10, 2015

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Guess he got the chips.

I'm sure the destruction of private property fine was worth it

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
My senior class stacked chairs up in the chorus room and painted SENIORS [graduation year] in regulation removable paint on some of the windows.

Because mischief is only fun when conducted with a carefully pre-selected and sanctioned prank put forth as a formal compromise between our elected class president and the school board.

We are the Schadenfreude.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

evobatman posted:

Scandinavian food tradition is mostly based on trying to conserve something, it goes wrong, and you're too poor to eat anything else.

Yeah it's a delicacy because survival tastes the sweetest.

New Failarmy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0og5JV3A-lA

1:45 is pretty drat great. "oh god she's ruined our couch" followed by gagging sounds from her mom

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Most people panic and immediately submit to the roadside breathalyzer. This is wrong, and arouses contempt in the cop heart.

I worked for a DUI lawyer for a while and did evidence review on hundreds of DUI cases. If you are pulled over and you are drunk, you are hosed. If you pass the field sobriety test, you're still still brought it for other involuntary indicators that you've been drinking like nystagmus, slurred speech, glazed eyes or scent of alcohol; coupled with the reason you were pulled over in the first place. You don't have to submit to the preliminary breathalyzer but if you don't submit to the one at the station, you will lose your license. There is no sovereign citizen argument that will get you out of this, if you've been pulled over you've already lost. Any contraband you have in the car will be found and you will be charged with the possession of it in addition unless you had a truly inspired hiding place.

Now that we've cleared that up, new FailArmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK1swTwB-9o

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Met posted:

I'm not a fancy lawyer type, but does the Fifth Amendment help any?

Any police officer worth his salt will be able to tell as soon as your window is down that you've been ingesting mind-altering substances. At this point refusing to answer questions the cop knows the answer to will succeed only in pissing him or her off.

Evoking the 5th amendment would probably be advisable if, say, you possessed something or did something unrelated to the reason for him or her pulling you over. Police officers in many jurisdictions confiscate large amounts of cash that they come across during the application of their duties with impunity so feel free to avoid mentioning the $6000 in cash you have in your wheel well that you were planning to use for the down payment on a house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

Some jurisdictions will take you to the hospital to have your blood drawn instead of a breathalyzer, and you are equally expected to submit to this test. I find this practice ethically dubious because it will give a positive for marijuana even if you haven't smoked in days, compounding your DUI charges. So avoid mentioning past substance use.

That being said, mixing substances is statistically proven to exponentially increase chances of an accident, so refrain from doing so.

Also, please don't drive under the influence. I've seen enough crippled innocent people and teenage obituaries for one lifetime.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah unless twitter guy has videos of Afflu-murderer drinking, he'll get off. The video could be used as probable cause to test his blood, but alcohol is out of your system pretty quick.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Eponine posted:

At least he's probably completely unemployable? I hope? Are his parents even that rich because they kind of seem like white trash that happens to make 6 figures but has no real savings or investments to keep it up if Dad loses his upper management job.

George Zimmerman just tried to buy Darren Wilson a new house with the money he gained from selling poo poo paintings and tweeting pictures of Trayvon Martin's dead body. Affluenza boy is gonna be just fine.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKrUXX3CJE

I was really hoping that at 2:40 the engine was going to explode

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Takoluka posted:

What are the chances of a compromised crime scene affecting any trials that may come from it?

Some evidence collected from the apartment could be dismissed as being placed or dropped there by media. Media has been known in the past to plant evidence to finger an innocent suspect or sensationalize a crime scene and boost their ratings. Sort of like in Nightcrawler.

Wouldn't be hard for a defense attorney argue bullets or unregistered firearms located within the apartment tossed out, and any that are left in would provide sufficient grounds to pursue an appeal.

Edit: If the landlord was really letting people on the street in with dogs for $1000 a pop, then really all evidence (aside from signed confessions or comprehensive plans, fired rounds whose striations and caliber match that of the ones used in the spree) could be compromised.

speshl guy has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Dec 4, 2015

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

President Ark posted:

aren't both of the shooters dead

how do the dead appeal in court

I assumed he was asking a hypothetical

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Goodnight

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Humphreys posted:

Undercover Aussie motorbike cop pulling over a bunch of people using mobile phones while driving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1iw5Vdim8

(it's illegal here - not sure about the USA)

I realize the law probably says not to use your phone AT ALL while operating your vehicle but I don't like that this cop is targeting almost exclusively people that are stopped at intersections. Is this the subset of lawbreakers that are causing high speed fatal accidents, the ones that send a text while 15 cars back at a red light?

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Framptonlive posted:

Well, I guess I'll be the guy to post the dog fucker tumblr

:nws:https://officialwhitneywisconsin.tumblr.com:nws:

Pretty tame stuff compared to tub girl and two girls one cup. She looks dead in all her pictures, like she mentally checked out a loooong time ago.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Is that a snuff gif :ohdear:

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
I both prefer, and find hilarious, a society where 95% of all inmates are all eventually released among the general population harboring deep-seated sexual trauma, paranoia, PTSD and hepatitis

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

MisterMarmite posted:

I counted 265 years. Will these be served in series or simultaneously? I'm not familiar with the US justice system.

Depends, after considering a number of aggravating and mitigating circumstances the judge will determine whether the time will be consecutive or concurrent. Sometimes it gets weird and the some of the sentences are concurrent with each other (multiple counts of the same charge) and others are consecutive. 265 years for rape, even serial rape, is totally unheard of so we're probably looking at an absolute bare minimum of whatever the longest sentence was (like 20 years?).

Then you throw parole in there and the possibility then becomes he gets out in 5 or 10.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah that's not David Blaine. If it was it looks like that would have been the most fun he's had in 20 years

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Sounds like this isn't the videographer's first rodeo

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
hey guys let's go check out that rope swing in the woods that makes people disappear, I'm sure nothing will go wrong

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

I think you've just answered a question I've had since I was a kid. And it's every bit as fantastic as it should be, thank you.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Ugh that star wars prank thing just loving reeks of pandering.

"Can't wait till I'm done sending these texts to myself so I can put it on twitter for the FAVS."

#JUSTICEEE #VALIDATEME

Edit: just realized this guy does a full 360 to break his jaw lol

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Mister J posted:

Okay what the hell is with the clip at :08 that looks like someone straight up exploding?

appears to be pyrotechnics for a motorcycle show. Looks like someone's ramping out of the truck behind her as they go off

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ZU04U-xAo

Cat gets caught trying to frame the dog and makes one of the smoothest transitions you'll ever see

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Why have such strong opinions about something you have no memory of owning. It'd be like if I started a crusade to sue the hospital that took my umbilical cord because they robbed me of my inalienable right to absorb nutrients from my mother

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm personally hoping we get a dystopian ciderpunk future, where viscious cider-gangs fight for control of the distilleries, and the only currency worth anything is the nuAPPPLE.

I tried really hard to make a joke about how it's dystopian because no one followed the ciderhouse rules.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
What is that mayonnaise

http://i.imgur.com/ov0L9pE.gifv

VanSandman posted:

I'm glad you aborted it.

:respek:

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

I see a lot of things wrong with this, and an overall absence of 'freude. First of all that dude has a list of defamation, plagiarism and distortion allegations longer than his bibliography, which is to say that not only is he a douche, but he's an unethical douche.

Secondly, the issue of poverty and homelessness in Detroit is not something you can just take sides on, especially when the most passable case study you could do a report on involves the homeowner getting arrested for attempting to kill the squatter with her car. We're not off to a great start here.

After glossing over the attempted murder, LeDouche goes out of his way to make sure the squatter mentions she's on WELFARE and she DEFINITELY HAS A DISABILITY GUYS SHE'S NOT FAKING IT. So now that we've sufficiently established a confirmation bias in all of the Fox viewers, we can get on with arresting this dirty squatter so that she can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, leaving her child parent-less and in the care of the state for over 2 years! What's that, we forgot to mention that she had a child? Well that might make her too sympathetic, because what person wouldn't move into a seemingly abandoned house when they have a child to care for, so let's just gloss over that and get a close up of the handcuffs locking in place around her dirty squatter wrists. Excellent reporting, guys, our journalistic integrity is definitely intact and we've solved Detroit's homelessness epidemic.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

baquerd posted:

House thief got sent to jail live on TV, that's purestrain 'freude unless you're some sort of communist hippy liberal motherfucker.

You've obviously never been to Detroit. There are tens of thousands of vacant homes and a homeless population to rival it. That homeowner never lived there and bought it for a pittance in an attempt to flip it, only to find that it will never sell because every other house in the neighborhood is being squatted in as well, so she took her frustration out on the squatter, who was doing what literally everyone she knows was doing, by trying to RUN HER OVER WITH HER CAR. They even zoomed in on the comically obvious tire tracks in the grass, so this attempted murder was incredibly RECENT and the homeowner is filmed with an air of quiet dignity the entire time. wtf

I'm not saying the squatter was right, but literally no one else is in that segment either.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

ante posted:

Didn't click the link or read the story; How do you think telling this thread about the injustice of it all is going to help? I dunno mang, if I see something I don't like, I just move on and post some more bros on bikes getting hurt :sun:

http://i.imgur.com/PYa47Ov.gifv

You're right, sorry about the derail bros.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dui-lawyer-drove-boat-drunk-severed-woman-arm-attny-article-1.2243131

Reminds me of this Boston DUI attorney that severed a woman's arm operating a boat while extremely intoxicated.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dumbfuck people doing dumbfuck things, mostly.
http://imgur.com/gallery/fhPHU

Link at the bottom for other galleries.

uhhh is this guy dead now? :stare:

http://i.imgur.com/ZVw4Qu4.webm

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Fake.

badass as that would have been...

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

a few pages back but I love how her chest already being wet shows that she probably took a swig before the camera started rolling and expected a different result the second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

oh drat. still sexy though