Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

Who decides the nominee? I always thought politicians in American parties decided on a nominee, so if the Republicans don't want Trump, they could just nominate someone else. All this talk about the Republicans running scared of Trump seems to indicate that the people do the voting instead.
I think the Republicans can do just that, but if they try it they risk having part of their voter base turn on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Carecat posted:

Heelys are the REAL wave of the future.

Shoes that get you where you're going faster are a dead end. What the world needs is a shoe that holds meat for when you get hungry along the way.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Panfilo posted:

:byodood: "HOOL-MOH-GOL-BOW-BIGGA-BOGGA-WALNUM-BOGDISH-MISJOO!"

Australian for beer?
I'll just assume it's "We'd better run, we'd better take cover."

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Hubbardologist posted:

Wow there's a whole bunch of lovely opinions about baseball in this thread, and not enough gifs of baseball schadenfreude.

Will a video work? Highlights at 1:50 and 2:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyprjMmwjFA

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Eponine posted:

Two days later they ate a copy of Frankenstein.
If you're going to let your dogs listen to Alice Cooper, make sure they can hear the lyrics clearly.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Kurieg posted:

It's not so much that as the engines they're using are so ridiculously overtuned that they don't use gasoline, they run on pure alcohol.
It would be more fun to watch if the drivers and crew were also running on alcohol.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

I'm suddenly wondering what Masaokis is up to these days.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

hamsystem posted:

2icide 2quad
Squad 2: Suicide Boogaloo

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

spog posted:

Unfortunately, the result is a flaming cockroach running away to somewhere to hide - e.g. into the cupboard where you store flammable stuff.
Sounds like you just weren't burning hot enough. Maybe what you need is a homemade thermite launcher?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Werong Bustope posted:

Lions and leopards suffocate their prey too. Possibly tigers as well, but I'm not sure. It's pretty standard for big cats.
Jaguars sometimes just bite right into their prey's skull and drive a fang directly into the brain.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

He looks like a knockoff Big Boss now. Or maybe a pirate.

He looks like Tony Montana's cousin that needs a cork on the end of his fork.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Hihohe posted:

Australians are a weird people. The Australian sun has warped the speech part of their brains and now its all naru instead of no, "We gatta go down ta Woolies", and "I live in Perth"
You're not wrong.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

NOT IN MY YARD

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Well, that escalated quickly.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Gross Dude posted:

At what point does it become entrapment? I'm not defending the dude at all, but if the officer starts off saying that she's 19 and switches it to 15 isn't that getting closer to the entrapment line?

Nope.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Is the schadenfreude here the fact that you don't get a beef?
That's too horrible to get any enjoyment out of it it.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Footage found from earlier in the hearing!

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm still confused why these survivalists think a single razor blade is a really useful thing to carry around with them.
It's for their wrists in case they ever have a moment of clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Doggles posted:

From what I remember they tested it, once...on a different book.
I thought it was they tried it on a bunch of books and it worked on at least one of them, so that means it'd totally work when of them is behind the book, right?