Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

http://usuncut.com/class-war/valeant-ceo-shareholder-profit/

So basically, not to be outdone, and to back up what an earlier poster said about what that aids pill guy did not being uncommon, some other rear end in a top hat named J. Michael Pearson, CEO of Valeant Pharmaceuticals pulled a lot of the same kind of poo poo, and then shamelessly went on record to say that “My primary responsibility is to shareholders. We can do anything we want to do."

Well, now that has kind of backfired, as the stock price of his corporation has dropped 40% in less than a week, with his personal stake being measured at around $1 Billion USD lost. The funny part is that this is not even related to the Shkreli incident, but to other shady business practises.

http://usuncut.com/news/valeant-stock-plummets-amid-enron-like-scandal/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

KongGeorgeVII posted:

:australia:

God this country is amazing.

I love that the state of Victoria has a public holiday so everyone can watch a horse race.

Hey, any day we can take off to act like the drunken bogans we really are, we'll accept with open arms.

edit: vvv exactly.

Mephiston has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Nov 3, 2015

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

Anyone who is arguing in this thread that taxes are bad or you should avoid paying them is an idiot and the reason why their country is circling the toilet, hope this helps. America in particular is getting incredibly lovely in some parts, with literacy and healthcare rates they are comfortably beaten by developing African countries.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

The schadenfreude is on us.

First Lemmy, then Bowie, now Hans Gruber.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

PFY threads are same-y anyway. Next stop, merging into one megathread.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

Australia's basically America flipped upside down. You start off liberal hipster doofuses down south and the necks get redder the further north you go.

Explain Adelaide, then.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gently caress. :doh:

I swear the article I read said half a billion and not half a million but I can't find it again. I should have realised it obviously couldn't be correct anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/c...c492a0be9dffa58

$469,000.

Also, i love the 10 million dollar figure being thrown around, because its so incredibly understated.

e: lets try a news site that isnt paygated.

Mephiston has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Aug 11, 2016

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't you dare get rid of the best laugh fuel on these dead gay forums.

d&d isnt going anywhere though

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Tis the Season!

The perfect combination of rear end in a top hat parent and entitled children.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

A bit? It went from dry concrete to loving swimming pool in my back yard over the space of like five minutes.

Forget cars, you needed a goddamn boat to get to your car parked in the street. It did not help that it was 33+*C and 95% humidity either.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Can't tell if its comical because he has a small umbrella in his left hand and is geriatric hence the walking funny, or its hilarious because he has a bottle of wine in his left hand and is almost completely blind drunk, which is why he's walking funny.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

So in a combination of fremdschamen and schadenfreude: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-internet-idUSKBN16Z2JI

quote:

The White House said earlier Tuesday that President Donald Trump strongly supports the repeal of the rules approved by the Federal Communications Commission in October under then-President Barack Obama.

Under the rules, internet providers would need to obtain consumer consent before using precise geolocation, financial information, health information, children's information and web browsing history for advertising and marketing.

Last week, the Senate voted 50-48 to reverse the rules in a win for AT&T Inc, Comcast Corp and Verizon Communications Inc.

The article then basically goes on to explain that the FCC chairman, along with many politicians and interest groups were complaining that private companies like Google, Facebook, etc were all able to capture private and personal information and sell it, but because of the ISP privacy laws, ISPs weren't able to do that for themselves.

The amusing part is people trying to defend it under the guise of 'now we will get more fair privacy laws that encompass everyone'.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

is probably still fat, to be fair.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

It's true, goons are the true source of schadenfreude.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Someone post it in the PYF lion thread.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

This got lost in airline sperging and really deserves more love because its hilarious.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Memento posted:

gently caress she's an idiot.

loving Queensland, cut it loose.

someone needs to make that bugs bunny florida gif, only with queensland.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Behold, the product of superior genes and racial superiority:

Just think. When he dies, he will be immortalised in a PS1 game:

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

"I see shitposters. Posting away like regular posters."

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Beeswax posted:

look out guys, this dude knows all the wrestling words

I dunno what's worse; Him using them or you recognising them.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/02/bus-seats-mistaken-burqas-anti-immigrant-group-norwegian

Norway suddenly opposed to public transport.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Samizdata posted:

Okay, Bob, looks like he is playing safe this round. After the defensive line shut down his first troll with no gains, looks he's dropping back for the old ad hominem.

Really, Winkledink, this is not as safe a play as you think it is. He's already lost a lot of yards with his first play, and unless he can come up with something really innovative, he stands to lose both yards AND the respect of the fans...

Bob, you were right. That ad hominem is getting him booed from the stands, and it looks like they won't be making those yards up. I think his only plays are to spin out to a meltdown, or, possibly just throw in the towel and walk away... What do you think he will do.

Seriously non horrowshow, o my droogie.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...k-a7887576.html

quote:

Prominent right wing YouTube users say the site is censoring them.

Trump-supporting accounts like Paul Joseph Watson and Diamond and Silk say the site is stopping them making money from their videos and hiding them from viewers. And some have said that the censorship is so bad they will be leaving YouTube entirely.

More fallout from the Google memo. This time perennial shitlord, paul joseph watson.

Edit: Choice quotes include

quote:

“Let’s great it straight I’m not flouncing, I’m not taking my ball and going home, I’m not going to start crying on camera. I’ll probably come back at some point, if I’m not banned.”

From his video titled "I'm done with youtube"

Mephiston has a new favorite as of 09:52 on Aug 24, 2017

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

joke's on him for not using a proper garbage bin, and walking around barefoot.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Fun fact about tanks on the road in the UK; depending on the age and the size, an MOT may not be necessary, and they can be congestion charge exempt.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

JackMann posted:

Or at least someone gave it out. It sounds like the other player just gave out an address he knew, and it happened to be the victim's.

That's precisely what happened. Family of the victim said that he didnt even play video games, so he was just some poor hapless guy who was checking his front door because he heard noises.

e: gently caress, what a depressing way to start a new page. Sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

what is it they're shooting into his rear end though? I can't tell

a slingshot made of surgical rubber tubing, by the looks of it