Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chill Caesar Keane, I am at your disposal. Mmm...Chicken Caesar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

(ooc: I'm going to go ahead with my proposed PR if I can and also I want to mention right now that we have a great cast of posters here and we objectively make up the better thread now that merk is here, hf all =D )

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In the beginning, there was a hot babe named Helen. She was pretty good and was married to the King's brother, Menelaus. Menelaus was so cool he got to be the king of Sparta at the same time as having the hottest wife. Too bad we was a chump, heh heh. Helen loved accents thanks to the gods sending her a Learn French in 30 days vhs and was whisked away to Troy with its baby Paris. Nelson called on his older brother Aggamemnon to gather an army of bullies to take back his babe. And that's how the Trojan War started.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm good at beating people up, my liege.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

hey! keane! I propose we all post what our scumtells are. it worked pretty well when I was king of a thread. do you approve??!

anyone who lies about their scumtells is scum obviously!

I tend to post in big blocs more as scum as opposed to a constant stream of drivel. I'm also a little nicer when I'm scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

My scum tell is a scum read someone convinces themselves of before they start reading my posts.

Please don't be a miserable sad sack friend, this is the fun thread.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

That's a legitimate response.

It's wildly hyperbolic and only applies to me itt. It could be said that if viewed in that light your comment is anti-town both in vibes and in intent.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I wasn't thinking of you at all when I wrote it. It applies to many people.

Each time I am lynched as scum I go back and try to figure out why. I'll then make an effort in the next game to not do whatever it is that I thought got me lynched regardless of my alignment. Things I've taken out of my game include random distancing posts on scum buddies, voting with too short of justifications (unless I am baiting as town to try to spark content), quickly thought of joke comments, and other stuff. I don't know if I have a scum tell that prevails game after game. If I identified that tell, I'd try to remove it. If you know something, I'd love to hear it.

You aren't as convincing as scum. That's all that comes to mind.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say that you don't convince people as much rather than how convincing you are as either? It's weird to make those separate things but I think that's a more exact answer. You make a case that you don't jump around the thread to "get done" as scum but as town you will actually argue points etc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I think this is very wrong. I usually lead lynches as scum.

Well, you won't catch me going back to prove it one way or the other because I don't actually give a heck

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Encryption is against mafia rules, Ecco. You know this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel like it's against the spirit of the game but whatever.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My literal first thought was it was scummy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like, between that post and the earlier fillery post both say to me that you're forcing content which is something I might let go for others. You're not the type and I felt like you picked something for early game that could easily be handled by scum. With an unprompted and encrypted (ie: attention grabby) claim? Well, color me interested.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In fact, ##vote Ecco

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm saying that your "post your scumtells!!" thing isn't an Ecco way to approach content generation considering it is a LUMPEN approach, really. That you are now claiming without being in any way prompted and that you drew attention to that fact with an encrypted post doesn't feel right to me at all.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My vote is nonsense?? Hahaha

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I gotta choose my team.

Anybody have ideas? I'd like to hear from Diqnol in particular.

Let me fight. If I die, I die, but I must do what I love

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also I plan on spending today high while eating pizza and watching football so expect little today from me :>

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

O btw it's double plurality today so be careful where you put your votes cya later :F

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

But Diqnol, the middle of battle is no time to masturbate into a pile of doll hair clippings.

I have that under control now, I promise!

Keep merk out of the fight. Put me in. I'd have to read more posts to be more helpful at this time sir, maybe later

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keep merk off of the battlefield!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Terrier is scum maybe but that vote seems so friggin wishy washy/unsure, feels town. Frustrating because she's supposed to be decent. Ask me questions directly because I'm on my phone, Terrier, but I'd like to converse with u

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco I'm not interested in conversing with scum ~_~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't put words in my mouth thanks

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't care what you guys think news at 11

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That is correct, Verr.

I reiterate that merk cannot be allowed to taste battle today. My body, however, is ready.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

My main questions would be:

Why is forcing content day 1 bad? There's nothing to talk about to coming up with poo poo to make people post seems like a great idea. The only way to get anything to work with, really.

Well, it isn't. The problem is Ecco doesn't traditionally agree with people who think like that. He's more of a "purist". Also, as verr points out, this isn't a traditional d1. We have other content to help us by way of battle info volunteering. The content that Ecco helped bring about : is it helpful? Did Ecco actually try to identify scum through it? No and no, my friend. Scummy motivation.

quote:

Also, why would it be to Town's advantage to get rid of one of the top content generators, and someone known to be a strong player, Day 1 without a really strong case?

I'm a known strong player yet you're voting for me. The answer is simple. As town, we are charged with finding scum. It is not easy to find scum. Town must therefore chase down the scum they find whenever and wherever they find scum. This is what we are both doing. You happen to be wrong is all :)

quote:

I mean, if they flip scum, then great. But if they flip town...we just lost a strong asset. It seems to me like it makes way more sense to wait for at least one round of flips before pushing to get rid of people known to play strong Town games (esp. in a thread with several lurkers). Day 1 is when we have the least info, the cases suck the most, and we're most likely to make mistakes after all. I mean, maybe you feel you have a really strong case, but I just don't see one great enough to justify to risk of losing a strong player that there's still a good chance could be Town.

I have other thoughts and I promise to relay them when it's possible for me to do so coherently. If tomorrow I have time to post, I will. Ecco is scum. I'll make a real case barring shocking revelations when sober.

quote:

Also, how is 'post your scumtells' not an Ecco approach if it's something they apparently did in games past?

I don't think its Eccoish.

quote:

And lastly, why do you regard an encrypted post as claiming? I'm mean granted is dumb, but I don't see how it's claiming.

Consider the scenario fully. Ecco can be town or scum. If town, Ecco has just put a huge bullseye on her head for scum. She has also opened herself up to criticism. It does not actually benefit her or town. If scum, she is forcing more content generation. She is giving herself a role she has to play all game and given herself future credibility. She has sowed dissent among town. It benefits her team.

What do you think?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think your role sucks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thus making your play dumb.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It makes you scum or town that has just hurt town

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You aren't a bad player, Ecco. You wouldn't flippantly make yourself a liability.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You wouldn't make yourself a liability to town unless you are trolling. Are. You. Trolling?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thanks rest of thread for not saying anything at all during this, so loving glad

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

I promise you your concern for me making myself "a liability" is completely unplaced and unwarranted and unnecessary.

If you think I have a great, powerful role that's on you. All I've done is code what I got.

I think you owned yourself and thus town. Hanging you is a win either way now because we'd be playing with house money.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because if you don't, you're scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would rather the scum nk someone I hadn't considered and thus impart upon me their character relative to the game dialogue than someone that will inevitably be nked and thus exactly what made sense had happened and our blind hang AND the nk gave us trash information. You might be scum making a gambit, too, so it's a high reward risk I'm taking.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There is a lot of that because I have concluded that no matter what you say, your death is a town benefit.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You could say I'm......

.....eccogambiting....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Aw Ecco I can't be mean to you, ur kewl :)

I do think you're scum tho, I'll have to do a better job of explaining myself later, okay? Sorry about all...this.

• Locked thread