Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hey boyz

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Huh it does.

Being very bad at all this small-talk and since I'm not particularly funny I'm going to sit out during the joke-phase and wait for things to get rolling if that's all right.

I usually just do this after one confirmation post in jokephase, why would you announce it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

Have you even read the Aeneid?

As someone who read the Iliad and the Odyssey in high school and didn't retain a ton, would the Trojans be the Wu, Wei, or Shu dynasty?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm ranged and have decent attack stats

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

uncle soagys guide to aussie mafia players for fat american toursts

bifauxnan: mouthy drongo who likes effortposts anime and not shuttign up
bif gets picked as scum all the time cause shes clever but weird and ruthless so wvryone thinks shea up to something

birdstroke: clever drongo w good imsight who normally does good in games but spends more time being roly poly playful then getting his head in the game

tithin: as scum lurks as town loses his bottle and ragequits likes mills and anime

also I appreciate this post because the only auspol mafia stuff I know is terms like bogans and maccas

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Sodomeow posted:

im melee and i get stronger after each battle

If anyone has a protective battle ability this could be pretty sick, we could set up an effective Heavy/Medic or Tiny/Wisp or whatever video game comparison works best

Lumpen posted:

Who is this FoxTerrier in the other thread? They are fantastic. New name for an old player or fresh talent or what?

I want to say he's from one of the last gbs new player threads before gbs just turned into people spamming racial slurs

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I like ##vote Section 31 the best right now, his only post today is weak poo poo.

A few early posts from Kashuno sound forced and pointlessly cheerleady to me here and here especially but I've liked his recent posts

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

imgay posted:

I'm feeling Sodo and taste for scum right now, but thats just my gut

idk if I've ever played an actual mafia game with Taste but I'm surprised he's been quiet from how he's played survivor and stuff, usually he's all up in the mix of things.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I thought sodomeow was an auspol poster ironically getting mad at people for being australian

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Lumpen posted:

• This, and the posts form Venom Soag following it, appear to me like a insincere attempt to keep pushing an arbitrary vote, rather than any kind of real Scumhunting.

• The original vote on Sodomeow was pretty terrible, and the bad tunneling afterward is unreasonable.

• Venom Soag threw an opportunistic 3rdvote on a D1 bandwagon of 100Yrs. He followed that up with similarly insincere seeking of traction for that bandwagon before jumping off without further comment, now is voting along with 100Yrs like he never really felt suspicious.

Venom Soag's moves in this game have consistently struck me as Scum Mind opportunism. I would also vote TNL. I am also suspicious that The Betrayer is also Scum and they are all cross-bussing, but that's a meta view. Keep it in mind.

Venom's vote on 100 seems functionally identical to the vote on 100 he voted Sodo for.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

imgay posted:

I think meds or sodo at this point would be a good 2nd lynch

You've mentioned sodo twice now, what bugs you about him?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

btw I've got a friend visiting and we're catching a showing of Crimson Peak right after work ends, but I'll be around for the last ~hour of the day

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

On a phone - Crimson Peak sucks btw

I like birdstrike as a second vote over meds (not playing, full on gamble) but I'd take a meds vote over venom, who's sounding earnest. If I move my vote s31 goes out of plurality tho

Birdstrike sounds like he wants to pad post count+ look more active without actually influencing anyone's opinions, finding quotes on a phone sucks but it's in a lot of the past few pages

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Taste if you're still around you probably want to move your vote from amoeba

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I got up to go to the bathroom and i had to know.

I'll move my vote from Meds. I guess I'd rather birdstrike over venom, but at this point does that guarantee that he'll beat out sec. 31?

S31 had 4 votes first so he should win any tiebreaker barring unvotes

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I didn't take a wound in combat, I'm strong like ox. These days have lined up mega shittily for me timewise, I've been posting on a phone on a train more often than not,

The vote for today's easy, look at the deadline:

Votes at the time:

votefinder at 18:01 posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Section 31 (5): 100YrsofAttitude, Kashuno, 100YrsofAttitude, Power of Pecota, Bifauxnen, imgay, Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Amoeba102
Venom Soag (4): Lumpen, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, tithin, Sodomeow
Birdstrike (2): Kashuno, Sodomeow, Kashuno, Puntification, Sodomeow, Magnus Gallant, Venom Soag, Venom Soag
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (2): The Ninth Layer, Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Venom Soag
Amoeba102 (1): Tremendous Taste
The Ninth Layer (1): Birdstrike
Kashuno (1): 100YrsofAttitude
tithin (0): Birdstrike, Venom Soag, Birdstrike, Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Venom Soag
imgay (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Tremendous Taste (0): Venom Soag, Venom Soag, imgay, imgay
100YrsofAttitude (0): Lumpen, Sodomeow, Venom Soag, Lumpen, Sodomeow, Sodomeow, Venom Soag, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Sodomeow
Power of Pecota (0): Venom Soag, Venom Soag
Sodomeow (0): Venom Soag, 100YrsofAttitude, Venom Soag, 100YrsofAttitude
Magnus Gallant (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (2): Pinterest Mom, Section 31

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 58 minutes.

Day 1 is Double Plurality!

Soon, 100 moves from Kash to Meds, Kash moves from S31 to Bird, and Taste posts again in his slapfight with Amoeba. He's around, he's posting, and there's no way he doesn't notice that the vote in double plurality is at 4/4/3/3. In like 15 minutes after that (he didn't post again in the run-up to deadline) Soag moves from Meds to Bird, Bird moves from TNL to Meds (4/4/4/3), PMom adds a vote to S31, and 100 switches to Bird while voicing that he wants to vote meds

There is no way in hell that someone who's town has zero preferences between four candidates, and Taste said jack poo poo about any of the four of them over the entirety of D1. All four were within dunking range, and that vote plopped uselessly on amoeba would have been a gamechanger on any of those four as options. If taste had the slightest gut preference for anyone, he could put them into a definitive lead. If anyone can tell me one reason why you wouldn't want to do that in taste's scenario besides being scum and knowing that whoever you picked was either a townie you were going to seal the fate of or a scumbuddy you didn't want to bus, let me know because I can't see anything else that would fit. ##vote Taste

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The only I need cleared up Pecota is your votes, which I called complacent.

What for you made S31 the top plurality vote and what puts meds above venom necessarily?

From context I'm assuming you mean compliant instead of complacent - I was trying to probe around when I could, but I couldn't find too much of a foothold in anything D1 and I was liking the consensus votes more than anything else that I could see.

S31 dropped the lame line about people needing to scumhunt without posting anything of his own around it which was scummy and he clearly wasn't doing poo poo in the game by the time of the four-way mix. Meds was a full-on gamble since he didn't say much, and venom read town to me from how he was posting angry from under the vote lead on D1.

Venom Soag posted:

the idea that taste not voting for any of the big ones at the time being an obvious scum move somehoe

I spelled out what I see, and directly asked what reasoning town would have to not tip a 4-way race in any direction whatsoever in the run-up to deadline - can you answer that? It wasn't rhetorical.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

town dont know whos scum so why would they have a pref for day one shitposting

taste only seemed sure of amoeba a didnt seem to give a poo poo about any of the frontrunners

i was tempted to leave my vote on sodo until my neck was on he blovk

Do you understand the concept of time?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

An hour left until deadline, would you have uselessly left your vote on sodo alone if someone you had no opinion on was in the 4-way blob of vote leaders instead of yourself?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Well, the non-garbage way to play mafia is to look at the blob until you have a preference

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Sodomeow posted:

same reason as yesterday

You're saying the same stuff on 100 that got no traction whatsoever yesterday and not adding anything about Venom. Why do you think it's going to work today?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Who is jakep? I haven't seen him here.

Sodomeow.

Why are you seeing 100 as scum, is it anything outside of the jokephase thing Jake's been after him for? I read his case on me as coming from a genuine place.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

What sticks out to me re: Amoeba is that he has talked about other thread stuff regarding Diqnol/Asiina more than anything re: this thread today.

Kash what do you mean about the own role thing? I thought the concern Ted thing was just him being cheeky about a typo.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Does it read to anyone else like JakeP's purposely trying to not get chosen for battle without coming out and saying it? He's like defiantly refusing to say anything beyond feeling the same way about Venom/100 today and I was straight-up baffled at someone coming out and saying this in a mafia game:

Sodomeow posted:

I was asked a question and answered, otherwise I would have been plenty content to just chill out and keep it real, I'm not very concerned with swaying anyones opinions or convincing anyone of anything

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also I'm assuming people are waiting for Taste to show up to respond to my case, so far the only counterpoint is Venom's "maybe he really didn't care whatsoever about any of the four potential lynch candidates"

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Sodomeow posted:

I said I wanted to battle though :shrug: I even said I get more powerful the more I battle, which is more reason to let me battle. How dare you call me a coward

Even though you said you want to battle, PMom didn't pick you yesterday and your D2's been mostly "I feel the same about Venom, I feel the same about 100". If it's not looking unappealing as a battle choice related, what's the deal with the "I just want to chill and don't want to convince people of things" angle? I was wondering if you had an imposed post restriction or something, but it doesn't look like anyone in the other thread/anyone else in here has something like that.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

imgay posted:

I'm busy with school stuff through deadline, i'll just vote who pmom wants.

Even if that's what you're going to do at deadline you can at least name a preference or something

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

It's under four hours until the deadline and if the day ended now the guy with a claimed town result on him would be lynched with one vote.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

*self-votes to go to -6*
*jumps out of ground floor window*

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##vote amoeba I don't think we have to no-lynch esp w/amoeba self-voting, let's at least see how many votes we've got around

On a phone right now but on the train back to my apartment where I can type more than like 12 wpm

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Magnus and JakeP are both doing the same thing where they just kinda repeat a name into the wind and wait for it to turn into a beautiful case butterfly or something. Out of those two I'd vote Jake first, mainly because this

Magnus Gallant posted:

It's a tone that I've not really experienced from his posting before. It's a subtle thing that I believe I have noticed over the whole of his post history. It's not really something I can pick select quotes from his history to point out.

reads as more honest than what Jake's put out. He's posted a bunch today but hasn't reacted to like anything that's happened so far.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##vote JakeP whoops, forgot that

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

##unvote

Guys vote 100years

##vote 100years

100years is also in the battle party.

Did you read the battle party?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Jake is town.

Why?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Read his post history. That's town jake

Again, why? Does he only talk about fantasy football as town or what?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Puntification posted:

Do we have enough folk to even do anything? I'd be pretty happy lynching taste or imgay.

I'd gladly do Taste and I'll read back over imgay, the only thing I can remember him doing either day besides ceding his vote to PMom today was putting together that list of what the other thread said about combat abilities.

There are a bunch of potential votes between Magnus, PMom (if he can slip in and on preview he's here), Amoeba (if he hasn't peaced out), imgay (he said he'd be back to vote how Pmom would), Kash (who said he'd be back right before deadline), Bifauxnen (posted pretty recently) and you along with the votes on Sodo

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Is this performance art?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

People who are around - if you aren't willing to switch to JakeP and you aren't pushing something else, you're voting for a no-lynch. Justify why you're voting for a no-lynch if so.

Magnus I still want to know why you think this is town JakeP

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

in the battle party btw

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Kashuno posted:

ok guys tbh I came back and read up until the point where I'm front line in the loving battle party and I'm just pissed as gently caress now.

On the bright side you're the only member of the battle party magnus hasn't voted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Puntification posted:

We might be able to swing it if everyone was willing.

I'd do it if the numbers are there.

• Locked thread