Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Tanzut

Grohman grimaces as the needles strike home but it's not too serious. The doc can take a look later once these jackasses are done for. The flailing war machine is out of the fight for the moment so he swings the barrels of his weapon to bear on the new threat, trying to keep them from closing ranks.

Shake off pinning vs 61: 1d100 32
Suppressing fire on the infantry
Suppressing fire vs 59: 1d100 77
No hits but they'll need a -20 Pinning check

pre:
Wounds: 7/12      AP: 6 All
Fate: 2/3          TB: 4

WS:  32   BS: 54   S: 35   T: 41   Ag: 34
Int: 30   Per: 39   WP: 31   Fel:  27

Skills: Dodge  34   Scrutiny  49

Talents: Combat Sense, Hatred (Chaos), Lasgun Barrage/Volley, Las Expertise
Loader, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Sharpshooter, Target Selection, Vigilant

Hotshot Lasgun  60m  S/3/-  1d10+7 E  Pen 7  30/30  1 Full
Multilaser  150m  -/-/5  2d10+13 E  Pen 2  85/100  1 Full  Reliable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Scalpel

At the sight of the Space Marine, Messick is filled with fervour and determination. "For the Emperor!", he cries, ignoring his wounds. He fires past the Salamander and the pain engine at the advancing Eldar.

Phone posting so no rolls but TN for semi auto at short range is 65.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
28   45   32   32   41   54   33   32   28

Wounds: 4/9    Dodge: 51
Fate: 3/3      Armour: 6 All

Bombardier - Make Indirect ranged attacks as a Half Action. When firing an Indirect weapon or throwing a grenade, roll twice for scatter and choose one.
Hatred (Servants of Chaos) - +10 to WS when fighting in close combat. Must make a WP Test to retreat or surrender, unless outnumbered or outclassed.
Las Weapon Mastery - +1 Damage for every two Degrees of Success on BS Test beyond the first when using las weapons.
Lasgun Volley - For each Comrade who is part of any Ranged Volley Order this character issues, add +1 Damage (max. +3) with any las weapon attack.
Quick Draw - Draw and ready a Pistol or Basic class ranged weapon, or a melee weapon that can be wielded in one hand as a Free Action.
Sprint - On a Full Move Action, move an extra number of metres equal to Ag Bonus. On a Run Action, double movement for one Round. Gain 1 Fatigue if used 2 Turns in a row.
Step Aside - May make an additional Evasion attempt once per Round.

Hot-shot lasgun  60m  S/3/–  1d10+4E  P7  77/80  2Full  Good craftsmanship, trigger adjustment
Bolt pistol      30m  S/2/–  1d10+5X  P4  8/8    Full   Tearing, Quick release
Frag grenade     9m   S/–/–  2d10X    P0  1/1           Blast (3), Ogryn-Proof, Count: 3
Krak grenade     9m   S/–/–  2d10+4X  P6  1/1           Concussive (0), Count: 3
Combat knife     5m          1d5+3R   P0

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 26, 2016

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Árguros

"You are most welcome arrival, Xavier. It has literally been ages since we last saw you." Arguros quips while making sure his plasma pistol had cooled down enough.
The gun is merely scalding to the touch, which to a plasma weapon usually means "barely warm".

BS VS DE TN BS vs Talos TN 100 = BS 42 + Half-aim 10 + 10 Red Dot +10 MIU + 10 Short Range + 5 Custom Grip + 20 Enormous: 1d100 7
Damage from Plasma pistol, pen 8: 1d10+8 15

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel			
36	42	31	40	30	47	25	31	27	
Wounds: 11/11        Fate: 1/1

Combat related skills: Dodge
               traits: Machine (3)
Crimson Armour + Subskin Armour + Cranial Armour + Armour-Monger + Machine : Effective AP: Head 11, Other 12

Name                Type   Range   Fire   Damage        Armor Pen   Ammo    Reload	Special
CQ Plasma Pistol    Pistol   30m    S/2/-   1d10+6E     6           7/10      3           Maximal, Overheat, Custom Grip +5 BS
GQ Hot-Shot LasG    Basic    60m    S/2/-   1d10+4E     7           40      2           -
BC Lathe-lasrifle   Basic   100m    S/2/-   1d10+6E     2                               Tearing

Omnissian Axe       Melee    -        -     1d10+4E     6          N/A      N/A         Power Field, Unbalanced
Servo arm           Melee    -        -     2d10+14I   10          N/A      N/A         Unwieldy

GQ Mind Impulse Unit                   +10 to Tech-Use, Operate, Logic, Inquiry, and Ballistic Skill Tests
Bombardier				Bonus to attack with launchers and explosives, improved scatter.
Sprint, 				May Run additional AB metres
Hatred (Chaos)				Gain +10 bonus to attack hated creatures.
Technical Knock				Unjam as half-action
Weapon Tech				Once per Encounter, Increase Pen & Dam of Melta,Plasma,Power or Exotic weapon by IntB

Unnatural Strength 1			+1 Str Bonus
Dark-Sight				Duh.
Immune to Flash				Duh^2.
Armour-Monger				+1 AP if dedicating a hour a day to maintenance
The Flesh is Weak			Gain Machine trait for the half the amount of Cybernetics

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Lieutenant Luke Finnegan

At the sight of the space marine entering the fray, Luke shouts "The Emperor's chosen walk among us! We charge forth to victory!"

Luke charges into the fray to meet the monstrosity with the Space Marine.

---
Another GET THEM, and a charge action against the pain engine. I would assume having a giant monster / giant monster corpse between myself and the Dark Eldar will provide some sort of cover bonus if they try to get shooty on me.

Get them fails this time, 75 vs 64, no bonus damage
Charge Attack: 14 vs whatever, a hit
Damage: 17 Penetration 5

pre:
Wounds: 13/13      AP:6 All
Fate: 1/1          TB:5

WS:   41       
BS:   34       
S:    33       
T:    51      
Ag:   30     
Int:  33      
Per:  27       
WP:   40       
Fel:  44      

Skills: Parry, Dodge Command+20

Talents: Weapon Training (Las, Chain, Low Tech, Power), Bombardier, Hatred (Servants of Chaos), Sprint
Iron Discipline, Air of Authority, Combat Formations, Jaded, True Grit, Swift Attack

Weapons
Good craftsmanship hot-shot lasgun             (Basic | 60m Range | S/3/x ROF | 1d10+4E | Pen 7 | Clip 30 | 2F RLD | Reliable)
Good Quality Hot Shot Laspistol w/ Wrist mount (Pistol | 20m Range |  S/2/x ROF | 1d10+4e | Pen7 | Clip 40 | RLD 2Full | Reliable)
Best Craftsmanship Power Sword w/ Custom Grip  (Melee | 1d10+6E | Pen5 | Balanced, Power field | +15 to all WS tests made with it)
Good Crafsmanship Power Sword w/ Custom Grip   (Melee | 1d10+5E | Pen5 | Balanced, Power field | +10 to all WS tests made with it)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The talos engine throws the door off of itself, shuddering as it stands, smoke and sparks trailing from its mechanical body. The eldar around it also struggle to their feet, though a few nearer the front stay down, smashed by the flying door.

Scalpel takes a knee and fires off three pin-point accurate shots into the foreheads of the dark eldar around the pain engine, putting them down swiftly and efficiently. Luthor fires alongside him, taking down the final dark eldar with a similarly skillful shot to the throat. Luke charges in when the xenos threat is taken down, burying his sword into the front plating of the pain engine, before ducking to the side as Arguros burns a massive hole into the creature's armor.

Xavier charges in behind Luke and drives his force sword deep into the engine's flesh, his eyes flaring as he channels his psychic might into the monstrosity. The engine shudders and hisses as it dies and shuts down, the final thruster turning off as it collapses into an inelegant heap on the floor. The Salamander wrenches his sword free, and the team now has a moment to catch its breath and gather its thoughts.

Luthor can't help but look towards the armory, however, and before him is a sight that would make any demolitionist weep with joy; what the Inquisitor had expected in terms of explosive volume has more than quadrupled in size. Ammunition, shaped charges, det packs, melta bombs, krak grenades, everything to make an explosives expert want to kiss the Emperor's feet in thanks for the blessing of great ordinance. Xavier had apparently put in a good word for the Cadians; there's enough bomb here that Luthor could probably crack a cruiser in half if he were so inclined, and part of him likely hopes that some day he will be required to incline as such.

There's enough explosives for everyone to get basically 3 melta bombs, 3 det packs at 10 pounds each, 35 pounds of explosive putty, 3 kraks, 3 frags, and 3 of 2 different kinds of ammo clip or other type of grenade, not counting standard ammo.

If you want to trade a set of something for more of something else, go ahead; feel free to make requests, but it should be explosive in nature. You can take a launcher in place of one of the sets as well.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Xavier, Librarian of the Salamander's Chapter

As the foul xenos contraption shudders and gives up it's abominable excuse for a life, Xavier sheathes his sword. He then looks around the ship, lost in thought for a moment. "This is such a shame. This vessel was a magnificent ship, to know that it's fate was to be cast off in some hulk is disheartening. Worse still, is what the fate of her crew was. After you all left to return to this time, I left my instructions behind, for both myself to go into stasis, and for additional munitions to be stored in there. However, knowing that the crew of the vessel was likely to soon meet their horrible fate, and knowing that if I warned them it might lead to this ship not being here, now, was the hardest decision I have ever made. Salamanders are not a chapter to do the the Infernal Calculus that other chapters do. The needs of the many do not outweigh the needs of the few. It is not enough to fight for the Imperium's continued existence without also safeguarding her citizens. I ask but a moment of silence for the thousands of men and women lost here."

Xavier does indeed remain silent for at least a full moment. He then raises his head, a smile on his face. "Well Cadians, you fight well, and do your world proud. I am probably the oldest living loyalist astartes, unless the venerable Bjorn the Fell-Handed still lives within his mighty Dreadnought." the mirthful tone leaves Xavier's voice and he becomes inquisitive, "As you are fighting Dark Eldar, and have dealt with both orks and Chaos intervention, it is safe to assume the Imperium is still at constant war, yes? You must all tell me of what has transpired during the past five thousand years. But please start with answering this for me, has Vulkan returned to my Chapter?"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Luthor Fortuna

Luthor's jaw drops as soon as he sees what's waiting in the armory. Too amazing for words. Regaining a little composure, he gives Xavier an aquila salute after he fishes his still-sizzling plasma weapon off the floor.

"Thanks for the rescue, my lord. I think the Inquisitor probably knows best about that kind of thing. I'll just be...examining the stocks of this armory. If you need me."

Unable to conceal his enthusiasm, Luthor slips into the armory and immediately discovers the weapon of his dreams. He kept a printout of its schematics pinned up over his bunk. It got him weird looks, but who cares what those idiots think? They don't understand the utterly stunning beauty of the Voss-Pattern Automatic Grenade Launcher. Infamously difficult to aim, but who needs to aim when you can fire half the clip in the time it would take to fire one shot with a normal launcher? Those Dark Eldar wouldn't know what hit them. And there were so many other things to look at!

Melta-charges, krak grenades, demo-packs, even a crate or two full of the really exotic stuff. Luthor pulls out a grenade and gives it a hesistant shake, then smiles. "Yep, sloshing. That's an iron-eater. Word to the wise: don't drop one of those on your foot, or drop one at all. Don't even look at 'em funny unless you like getting most of your flesh scoured off with a very, very nasty stuff."

Oh yeah, now we're talking. Replacing the 3 frags with a Voss-Pattern Grenade Launcher, taking 3 Hallucinogen Grenades and 3 Iron-Eater Grenades

Now all I need to do is figure out a way to get a Fire Selector from the Black Crusade books, and I'll be set up to blow up the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Árguros

Techpriest gives a quick glance at the pod Xavier emerged from, its lights slowly fading as the toll of millennias of uninterrupted operation seems to finally take its toll. He walks over and mercifully initiates the proper rites of closure.

"The Omnissiah still rests on his throne and Xenos races still live. So yes, Imperium is still at war." Arguros remarks from his throat vox, while his mouth is busy chanting the litanies.

"Insufficient data on Primarch Vulkan, but I am sure the Cult Mechanicus would have learned if your chapter had found any more of his works. It is believed Salamanders have so-far collected 5 of 9 artefacts."

A somber tone emanates from the pod as Arguros finally sets it to rest.

• Locked thread