Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So a few photos (300+, at least) from my trip home to California, as well as photos my dad has taken at recent events in California. I figured I'd dump them all in one spot as any other thread in active use might not get seen by people browsing the foums behind on particular things, and this is incredibly, as they say, all kinds of my poo poo. First, Canepa Auto Sports and museum in Scotts Valley CA. The first batch is all cars for sale. The upstairs pictures are more than you can afford, pal. Das Volk, if the Viper doesnt work out for you you should swing by and have a chat.

Dad Butte.

COMING UP NEXT, THE ACTUALLY COOL STUFF

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Price for any of these is available if your people call theirs from Monaco, I'm assuming.

Someone dropped their phone into the car accidentally getting this shot. Wasn't me though, and it landed on the seat and didnt mess anything up :ssh:

Note the side script.

Apparently the roof window means this was meant for Daytona To see across the bank.

gravel in the tires :allears: Space saver spare :allears:

I was told non factory 917s had this extra bracing behind the window to the rear of the car.

BITE THE CURB.

Tires almost as fat as this chubby I'm nursing holy sha-hyieeeet

For those of you who dont read my thread, my dad was involved in painting the blue and yellow #3 car just before the team hired on a young rookie by the name of Dale Earnhardt.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pro click

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
load status: blown

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god the flash drive he gave me with photos is actually almost 5gb of photos like this. Folders labelled Rennsport 2011, Laguna Seca, Laguna Seca Historics, Reno Car Museum, Tillamook Air musem, English Car Show, it goes on.

Incidentally, a random selection, caption this photo AI.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I totally didn't expect to see a Tyrell 6 wheeler :gizz:

edit:

14 INCH DICK posted:

"You're this close."

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 24, 2015

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Thank you for sharing these.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

14 INCH DICK posted:

"Gimmie that much more"

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:vince:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
HOLY poo poo.

Those wedge cars, the 6 wheel Tyrell, all those old roadsters, the racing Porsches, and also

14 INCH DICK posted:

Someone dropped their phone into the car accidentally getting this shot. Wasn't me though, and it landed on the seat and didnt mess anything up :ssh:

Your phone touched the thing that touched Arie's butt all season long :swoon:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hell I was leaning against the Rothman's 962 trying to get a shot of the interior before I realised what I was doing and moved away. The window glare prevented me from getting the shot though :(

BUT DONT WORRY MY DADS GOT ME COVERED IN THE NEXT BATCH FROM RENNSPORT CURRENTLY UPLOADING. APPARENTLY EVERY SINGLE GULF 917 WAS IN ATTENDANCE AT THE SAME TIME WHICH HOLY LOL

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

This is a quality post.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Rennsport 2015 at Laguna Seca

Go ahead and guess which one I'm related to.

Batch 2 Rennsport is uploaded but I wanted to give my dad a chance to talk about the Earnhardt cars and the early days before the name became legend.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
5'd. Multiple Peak Automotive Experiences.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
:holymoley: That Tyrell P34...

Gatdayum those are some hot photos. NWS that poo poo, dude.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

14 INCH DICK posted:

For those of you who dont read my thread, my dad was involved in painting the blue and yellow #3 car just before the team hired on a young rookie by the name of Dale Earnhardt.

In his own words, the early days of the blue and yellow #3.

DICK'sDad posted:

Once there was a neighbor (Marco Floris) who sponsored a kid (Jeff Prescott) in stock car racing in San Jose. The kid was dating a daughter of a developer named (Earl Osterlund). The color scheme of yellow/blue/white was on the 69 Cougar they raced under the number 77. Eventually, Osterlund bought the old Penske Nascar garage in the Carolinas and everyone ( 3 of the neighborhood kids) went back there. They took a car that was painted in the color combo by my neighbor and embellished by a body shop in SJ. I helped with the taping of the design on the car. When they got back east it became apparent that the kid wasn't going to be the driver as he decided he didn't really want to go 200 mph on the big ovals. So, Osterlund looked around and found a young driver by the name of D. Earnhart and they went racing. One of the other kids on the original team, Doug Ritchie, went on to become a crew chief in Nascar. Marco was a hell of a person and all props to him. I just got to witness a little piece of the puzzle that became a big piece of racing history.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Awesome photos, the only thing there I wouldn't drive is the Carrera GT. I want one of those 993 turbos, or maybe the Berlinetta Boxer... or the M1...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Rennsport at Laguna Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Hey I know you!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Final picture dump for the night. Wrapping up Rennsport.

:getin:

Apparently this car was registered as a street car for a loophole allowing it to race, I forgot the details but what I remember was pretty hilarious.

My dad pointed out the laptops being open when he started taking pictures and closed when he finished haha

Apparently this is an early version of the 911 GT1

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

I do believe that's actually the ford engine. I know this because the Porsche engine was for the Footworks was complete garbage, they somehow slapped two of their two very successful V6 engines together with the clutch in the middle without the turbos. I think Footworks went to the ford after 6 races or something.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Earned my five. :golfclap:

-jfc those steam roller tires on the Countach
-The wheels on the M1 are the best, most 80's thing
-Does the M1 really have two roundels on the back from the factory?
-The most interesting (to me) car is that record-holding gravity car. 67 mph with bicycle brakes takes some courage.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Left Ventricle posted:

-The wheels on the M1 are the best, most 80's thing

yes :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kinda surprise the "Little Bastard" wasn't in there somewhere. Great pics, well done sir :golfclap:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Left Ventricle posted:

I always laugh when I see it because I imagine some German designer realizing he had to put the roundel on after the designing the lovely deck lid, and then having to put two on because symmetry.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

14 INCH DICK posted:

Rennsport 2015 at Laguna Seca

I still love that your dad took this picture for the go cart and didn't even notice the "red 911" in the background. How many of those are even in the states? Can't be many.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HOPE Y'ALLS DICKS IS READY CAUSE HERE COMES TILLAMOOK AIR MUSEUM

Apparently its some stupid poo poo like biggest wooden structure like ever, well, let me tell you about this thing called my dillz

kinda looks like a render

Wood

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tillamook round 2.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

I'm the zip tie

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
The port of Tillamook railroad had its line basically demolished by a storm. If you feel like checking out the line and doing a day hike, there's some interesting destruction to see.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

14 INCH DICK posted:

Tillamook round 2.

That's a lot of camels.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
The Tillamok pics are great. I have many similar ones from when I took my wife/step-son up along the coast there 2 years ago. I loved that they just had everything sitting around and you could touch/crawl around most of it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
loving :ccb:

5'd.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Cool pics.

I love seeing stuff that was in service.

When I listed my Miata LE on bring a trailer recently I was contacted by a guy who wanted to send his mechanic over to check it out. I ended up talking with him for a bit on the phone, nice guy and car collector who was considering the car for his wife to drive. His mechanic and the bidder's good friend arrived in a 356. I ended up getting the scoop from his friend - they got disillusioned with the stock market in the 80s and started buying collectible cars. So the 2 friends went halvsies on a 356 which was the first step both their collections. Think he said they paid $22,000. So yeah 2 dudes arrived in a 356 to look at an NA Miata. Mechanic gave it a thumbs up but the car collector put a fairly solid bid on the final day and didn't bid again, if I guessed his screename right which appeared to be a hybrid of 911 and 401k.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nice collection of photos 14" Dick!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Saratoga car show from back home. Unrestricted and unclassified, pretty much a show off what you got type show.

wait what

You loving wish you had this much class.

BECAUSE LIME GREEN ROLLS ROYCE gently caress YOU THATS WHY

:awesome:

:drat:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Saratoga show mk2.

A. loving. I.

Note: Not the Spyder's engine. I was confused at first.

:clint:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
These were all posted before but I lost the original files and wanted to archive them so to speak. These were taken in 2011 when I came home for my uncle's wedding in Tahoe, and coincidentally just happened to be the same weekend as a Mini meet. My dad and I actually snuck out of the pre set up under the guise of a supply run to go find the minis and take these photos then "forget" our phones back at the hotel once the WHERE ARE YOU YOU BETTER NOT BE AT THAT CAR SHOW texts began flooding in. We counted over 130 original Minis in attendance.

This guy didnt get the memo.

:3:

A rare sighting of Dicksquatch.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Reno car museum.

:aaa:

lol at the drip pan

:aaaaa:

:dong:

RED ROCKET

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Return of the Reno Car Museum: Museum Harder

Baller. A. F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
2 more smaller groups. The first was labelled English Car Show San Jose, but there were decidedly more than just english cars in attendance.

This seems familiar.

That kerning

Hey. Hey guess what.

Cock. Pit.

:3:

Dont see one of these every day.

This uses a real Lotus chassis for its sim cockpit.

• Locked thread