Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

The "Free Fly Weekend" really seems to be a hit.

I know Twitch streamers isn't the best measure but I figured at least there'd be a decent number of Twitchers playing it.

Nice try GOONIE who would watch twitch streams when even non-backers have the privilege of experiencing the 'universe first-hand ehh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fair and Balanced.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43iuld/dolvak_is_the_only_journalist_i_trust/

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
P.S. Ben is fat.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

zcrow posted:

P.S. Ben is fat.

what the gently caress Ben that table cost $4,000

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Less than 100,000 backers have checked out Arena Commander 2.0, in total. The reality of the situation is that what they've provided is basically poo poo compared to what they promised and everybody except those in charge knows it. Hell at this point those in charge might know it as well.

The sad thing is that it didn't have to be. What they've put out has the makings to be a really cool single player game. It really could easily be Privateer / Wing Commander / Freelancer 2016. Unfortunately they sided to increase the difficult exponentially and make it a MMO.

It's sad, really. This whole SQ42 thing is a very obvious desperate grab for money to stay afloat since the MMO portion won't be done any time soon. They realize that they can't keep going by selling ships forever for a game that's still 2-3 years away from a minimum viable product.

But instead, we're essentially getting a game funded by selling pre-orders for a different game.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 31, 2016

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
This is the newwwwwws

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009

Young Freud posted:

This is ultimately how long entering and exiting a space ship in SC should take...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U437m8gtqX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGugEmFimCU
See that? In the time you entered into the seat of the Constellation, you watched the entirety of the boarding animations of all air vehicles from Just Cause 2. And, especially with the helicopters, Just Cause 2 kept the fidelity of entering aircraft.

0/10 was not immersed

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43gt95/weve_passed_the_midpoint_of_development_i_think/

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Star Citizen: Play the game and have fun, who cares if its released or not.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

chairman lmao :yarg:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Did anyone say this game is never coming out coin yet?

e: wrong thread

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Less than 100,000 backers have checked out Arena Commander 2.0, in total. The reality of the situation is that what they've provided is basically poo poo compared to what they promised and everybody except those in charge knows it. Hell at this point those in charge might know it as well.

The sad thing is that it didn't have to be. What they've put out has the makings to be a really cool single player game. It really could easily be Privateer / Wing Commander / Freelancer 2016. Unfortunately they sided to increase the difficult exponentially and make it a MMO.

Even if they had simply promised the same kind of multiplayer support/freeroam that Freelancer boasted in 2003 I would remain dubious of their ability to pull it off at this point.

If Chris Roberts jumped on the horn tomorrow and said "You guys we messed up this task is impossible we're making Freelancer 2.0 it's going to have multiplayer support for 64 people on a server and 32 people in a system we're going to double down on that original vision and it's totally not a rollback it was always the plan" I wouldn't believe it. They'll continue to struggle to get ships to not stroll away from you on a landing platform by the time 2016 closes and I have no idea how they're going to execute S42 with this engine outside of everything that isn't Arena Commander being a walking and talking simulator where all other assets are on carefully scripted rails.

e; Star Citizen is a real gaas.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43f72y/selling_my_1st_prize_tngs_pc/

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I had a guaranteed military sale with ED-209. Renovation program. Spare parts for 26 years. Who cares if it worked or not?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
RSI weekly newwwwwwws

Chris explains why Star marine hasn't been released yet "There's been an infestation of horses in the computer room and lando is having trouble getting the horse hair out of the carpet."

and in other news space police marksmen have been ordered to shoot anyone running in the spaceports in the chin....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

iron buns posted:

chairman lmao :yarg:

Chairman Hooooooooowwww is this game not out yet?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

star citizen is a 'gaas'?

talk about vaporware :smuggo:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Star Citizen: It's a GaaS
Star Citizen: It's rear end

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43f0d5/star_marine_what_went_on_there_then/czi6ydm

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43f0d5/star_marine_what_went_on_there_then/czi3rwq

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Guys I'm actually having fun playing star citizen

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Said no one ever

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Romes128 posted:

Said no one ever

:vince:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen: Who cares if it's released or not?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Romes128 posted:

Guys I'm actually having fun playing star citizen

Someone from reddit bookmark this post for your next collage.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Necatus posted:

Tried transcribing the interview she gave where she discusses some of this... gave up at the 37 minute mark though, there was just too much bullshit to handle.

http://pastebin.com/h1GFd2E9

There's what I've got so far (apologies for any typos that may be lurking around). If anyone can bear to finish it off, feel free.

Here's an interesting bit...

I listened to that interesting bit, my girlfriend thought it was comedy. She told me that it kinda sounded like Parks & Rec.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Concierge Card

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
So I've played a bit tonight and I must say I was really happy with the game. It definitely managed to bring back that old feeling I had when I've played the original games back in the 90s and I was in full nostalgia mode! I like how they've managed to stay true to the foundations of the original whilst also incorporating a lot of the new stuff that we became accustomed to from other games over the past few decades, overall A+ will definitely play again.

Fake edit: Oh this isn't the Homeworld thread...

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWkTQvlnDTI

This got posted in GBS a few days back and I keep watching it, it's so good. I need to see more of this stuff.

Also one must move beyond philly cheesesteaks to Greasetruck Fat Sandwiches - where you add things like french fries, chicken fingers, and mozzerella sticks to the sandwich.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

So I've played a bit tonight and I must say I was really happy with the game. It definitely managed to bring back that old feeling I had when I've played the original games back in the 90s and I was in full nostalgia mode! I like how they've managed to stay true to the foundations of the original whilst also incorporating a lot of the new stuff that we became accustomed to from other games over the past few decades, overall A+ will definitely play again.

:gary:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Iglocska posted:

DoK was pretty good huh?

Hopefully they will make a Homeworld 3 and really push the hw2 story more.

The Keeper is aware.
The Keeper understands.
The Keeper has seen the enemy.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

DoK was pretty good huh?

Hopefully they will make a Homeworld 3 and really push the hw2 story more.

The Keeper is aware.
The Keeper understands.
The Keeper has seen the enemy.

Yeah, I'm really digging DoK so far. Was a bit worried that it would disappoint, but they've nailed the atmosphere of the originals imho. Looking forward to HW3 too :)

Also, the devs have hinted at a DLC and a 3rd faction over @ reddit.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Reading stuff like that makes me think these people really have issues. Like developmentally challenged. It's not funny.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

BUT IS IT GOLD OR IS IT BLUE?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

they do and i agree it isn't funny. grown adults should not be this emotionally invested in a video game

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

still better value than SA forums account

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Google Butt posted:

they do and i agree it isn't funny. grown adults should not be this emotionally invested in a video game

Unless it's StarCraft.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Iglocska posted:

Unless it's StarCraft.

Speaking of StarCraft, what is the esports potential of Star Citizen now that SATAball is dropped?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Speaking of StarCraft, what is the esports potential of Star Citizen now that SATAball is dropped?

same as it was before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Another thread confirming that the worm has turned.

"[a goon] has a valid point"

:22 upvotes:

We will be greeted as liberators.

• Locked thread