Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

VealCutlet posted:

ROFL memory consumption is "low" as it runs like a hot pile of poo poo.

Then they go on about collision detection and at the end 2 NPC just walk right loving through each other!

Great success guys, we're still CPU-bound!

e: another shot of Geebus. Whenever I get up from my comp that son of a bitch steals my seat.

Toops fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

Maybe so but it did recognize Gillian Anderson and a second smiling person.

I tried running lesnicks pilgrim cross twitter photo and it breaks it.

paaarp

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

I love you

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

He looks like he am been like death, hollow all of his life.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VealCutlet posted:

ROFL memory consumption is "low" as it runs like a hot pile of poo poo.

Then they go on about collision detection and at the end 2 NPC just walk right loving through each other!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

I tried running lesnicks pilgrim cross twitter photo and it breaks it.

paaarp

Ben's weird autism even makes robots too sad to function :smith:

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

He looks like he am been like death, hollow all of his life.

But does he feel a special? Maybe so

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Sillybones posted:

Yeah. I really want this E.L.E to be completely left-field. Otherwise it just can never live up to the hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-o1RVdnHE

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM&t=3773s
Upper center, the two guys go right through each other. Great collision detection. :downsbravo:

ORCA

no way

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
holy poo poo derek has got some of you salty af

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

GabrielMobius posted:

So here's the thought process from me. We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the Idris is actually done, and can be put in the hangar/game/whatever. I think the debate is likely closer to them deciding if they can do a limited, hangar-ready sale, and if it can net them any more money. Releasing one of their bigger and more hyped ships into the wild in the Crusader map is sure to drive up sales.

A second bit of :tinfoil: is that it's possible they want to wait until they scrub the unmelt system to ensure that any new money being dumped into Idris-es is all new money.

Keep in mind when they say 'pretty much done' but clarify "JH: [to camera] Pretty much done. Not: ‘done’, guys!" historically that means the exterior is finished and the interior is modeled, but things like the view portals, internal collision boxes, animations and fit and finish are not done. Given how CIG... 'work' that process can take months (look at the StarFarer as an example).

I think it's just they're inept at building ships, no conspiracy necessary.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
why did Derek tell people to buy Starfarers?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Madcosby posted:

Commission

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

holy poo poo derek has got some of you salty af

I think he is mad Ryan Archer didn't steal any of his artwork.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

ZenMaster posted:

Pretty sure Ryan's patch art is something like this:

My god, this guys keeps on giving lol.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Lime Tonics posted:

I think he is mad Ryan Archer didn't steal any of his artwork.
:vince:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

She is Anime facing and it looks creepy as hell on a real person

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

He said he wants the mentally ill (spergs/shitizens/whatever he calls them) $20,000 in debt with pictures to fall further in to debt as he tries to crush their dreams. I think someone quoted his Twitter. Actually it was probably him quoting his own Twitter trying to be important.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
wtf is her necklace?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Nice meltdown derek.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I would have said 53%.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwIzILcoxM&t=3773s
Upper center, the two guys go right through each other. Great collision detection. :downsbravo:

That's before they turn on ORCA or whatever it is. I guess they felt the need to demonstrate that objects moving in space with no regards to each others' positions will clip through each other?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

I also hope that on a forthcoming livestream Chris forgets where he is and snorts a big line of coke right on camera.

Still a few pages behind, but I laughed a bit too much at this.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Justin Tyme posted:

That's before they turn on ORCA or whatever it is. I guess they felt the need to demonstrate that objects moving in space with no regards to each others' positions will clip through each other?

Nope, even with ORCA right at the end they walk through each other.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

ok np!!!!!!!

47GB of Gintama downloading now in batches, will get me to 265 & I'll let Sonarr grab the rest itself.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I think some things Derek Smart is posting, is being posted nor for our benefit. But rather for "external" readers of this thread. Since they know, he knows things, which they do not want to be known. And his announcement of his knowing something for a specific date can cause to be more concerned about things we don't know about.
At least that's how I see it.

And Mr smart has been known to do the odd trolling.

If it's for external consumption then he has even less reason to whine that we were making fun of anything else, much less something that is actually tangentially related to Star Citizen.

What next, we can't joke around when Trump is elected next November?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Justin Tyme posted:

anyone that played on the PTU for a few moments would be all too familiar with this

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff posted:

I would have said 53%.

Derek Smart looks more like a celebrity to CaptionBot than Sandi Gardiner.

Mirificus posted:

CaptionBot can recognize celebrities.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Mirificus posted:

Derek Smart looks more like a celebrity to CaptionBot than Sandi Gardiner.

:boom:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

1500 posted:

Nope, even with ORCA right at the end they walk through each other.

I wouldn't say "through", it's more like 3 dudes were all parping to occupy the same space at once until they got forcefully ejected :gary:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Is it just me or has the crew at CIG become younger? Like, the older folks who have enough experience to recognize what is going on and vacated leaving the younger people who don't have the ability (or wisdom) to jump ship?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Tyme posted:

NPCs have avoided colliding or going through each other since at least the ZX Spectrum, why did they feel the need to give loving collision detection a name?

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Loiosh posted:

Keep in mind when they say 'pretty much done' but clarify "JH: [to camera] Pretty much done. Not: ‘done’, guys!" historically that means the exterior is finished and the interior is modeled, but things like the view portals, internal collision boxes, animations and fit and finish are not done. Given how CIG... 'work' that process can take months (look at the StarFarer as an example).

I think it's just they're inept at building ships, no conspiracy necessary.

That does make more sense. With that said, their internal communications are still likely weighing benefit of getting more ship sales from a hangar release vs the amount of effort it'd take them to implement the Idris in the client.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

NPCs have avoided colliding or going through each other since at least the ZX Spectrum, why did they feel the need to give loving collision detection a name?

Because that's whatever some programmer cooked up last week. Remember grabby hands? Who knows if they are actually going to use whatever this is. My guess is probably not. Nobody knows their way around the code and everything is hosed up beyond belief so the programmers just fiddle around making poo poo like this as pet projects. We already know CIG's development model is "let the programmers work on whatever, we'll throw whatever they make into the next patch".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanarcherart

Has he been a freelancer for a while? Or is this a recent change?

e: I just noticed he's in illustartor rather than an illustrator.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 31, 2016

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
The only anime I've liked is Initial D.

They call me a shitposter.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

spacetoaster posted:

Is it just me or has the crew at CIG become younger? Like, the older folks who have enough experience to recognize what is going on and vacated leaving the younger people who don't have the ability (or wisdom) to jump ship?

That's the claim about no one being left that understands the frankencode and so the ELE is the game can't be made as is.

• Locked thread