Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Quotes #21,244 and #14,547.

:dogbutton:

edit: Holy poo poo Ben you loving creep.

Peroxide Cowboy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Hezzy posted:

Doxxing isn't a good idea, wait for mod approval

It's about me. I am probably allowed to say my own "supposed" name. Happy to wait either way.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

You know what country has good terrorists? France... When I was living in Aix... these people bombed the city hall... but they payed all the homeless people outside to go away first. #4,890

And technically, she's not *my* three year old... I just kidnapped her. #20,108

But what if I meet my future wife, get married have children and the children become th e next hitlers... and then I'll never have the chance to have genocidal kids:~( #10,413

He so silly.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just post
We have crossed all lines of discretion

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Phi230 posted:

Just post
We have crossed all lines of discretion

:agreed:

It's all gone to poo poo.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

If they shitcan Ben, does he spill the beans? On the one hand, he's a spineless loser. On the other hand, he has nothing and is nothing without Lord Croberts and Wing Commander. Like being expelled from The Garden of Eden. What would he have to lose?

Spilling the beans would be giving the goons/DS what they want -- the very same toxic dinks who were responsible for his downfall.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

I could start a profitable religion. #587

It just keeps going ffs

You sure could Ben, you sure could.

I'm mostly excited about the loving years of Twitch quotes we've unearthed

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

G0RF posted:

I'm sorry -- the Book of Loaf is a laundry list of S.J.W. Unforgivable Sins and if CIG thinks they'll sweep this under the rug and do The Escapist Shuffle on this they're going reap the whirlwind.

I can't recall a single story in gaming history with the built in potential energy that this one has. Even if the gaming press keeps playing Hamlet, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm not talking about Book of Loaf specifically-- I mean the whole thing including it. It's made of the kind of stuff that a seasoned pro (Atlantic, NY Times, etc.) could fashion an absolute masterpiece from-- the water cooler story of the season. The one that bags them millions of clicks and serves up as many high-dollar ads for luxury watches and vehicles and vacations in the process. It's not just an odd gaming story-- the scale of it, the enormity of it defies such dismissals.

It's hilarious, heartbreaking, eye-popping madness at this point and what is perhaps most amazing about it is that it's all right there. The gold is everywhere-- glistening in the riverbed, gleaming through the dust. This is 1848 at Sutter's Mill kind of stuff... You barely need a mining or refinement operation -- the nuggets need only be picked up, pocketed, melted down and fashioned into a treasure.

I don't know when it happens but that it will happen is inevitable now. And when it finally breaks -- really breaks big -- you'll hear the annoyed signs of gaming journos everywhere as they realized they'd been walking over it, swimming above it for years and they missed it. It was their beat, their homeland-- and they missed it.

Yet again, they missed it.

Gold Rush! was my favourite Sierra game, so I love you for that reference. This is the kind of story that could conceivably show people 'gaming media' isn't just a bad joke, but just like with Ion Storm it took a regular reporter at a regular newspaper to break that floodgate.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Berious posted:

You sure could Ben, you sure could.

I'm mostly excited about the loving years of Twitch quotes we've unearthed

we could go hog wild in every AtV and RtV until the end of CIG with this.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

Gold Rush! was my favourite Sierra game, so I love you for that reference. This is the kind of story that could conceivably show people 'gaming media' isn't just a bad joke, but just like with Ion Storm it took a regular reporter at a regular newspaper to break that floodgate.

I used to love Sierra games... Then they started using the crap rear end notype interface and I said to hell with Sierra, I'll find a new game... #4,316

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Holy! This Ben stuff is creepy. Hope derek is archiving!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

FlyingKipper
May 11, 2005

I wonder how happy Time Warner are going to be when they realize exactly what kind of employees CIG hires?

My guess is that TW Business commercial is never seen again.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ash1138 posted:

If they shitcan Ben, does he spill the beans? On the one hand, he's a spineless loser. On the other hand, he has nothing and is nothing without Lord Croberts and Wing Commander. Like being expelled from The Garden of Eden. What would he have to lose?
I just don't know if he'd want to. He doesn't seem like the sort who would talk, not against Chris and Sandi who have treated him very well. I'm only guessing but he doesn't strike me as the sort who would go rogue-- and honestly, it's possible Chris and Sandi would 'take care of him' in such a way as to reward his silence.

I'm just speculating but I don't think he'd be getting little digs in here and there like some have (Wingman, etc.)

Honestly they could pretend to let him go and flip him to a salary from a sub-company. The optics would look right from afar (terrible under audit). These are the kinds of outcomes I would assume would be discussed.

If they fired Will for the 'leaving marijuana on his desk while doing a video interview' embarrassment (even though I'd guess they didn't want to), I think they'll use similar logic here. If they circle wagons and wrap arms around Ben and say 'we support him' then they'll pay a very high price (in the press and internally with their beleaguered and demoralized workforce).

Foundry employees are tasked with saving CIG from Chris Roberts. Chris' future is in THEIR hands. They already see the indulgence of the LA group as an affront, surely-- and Ben's title is an insult to folks at Foundry who CAN ACTUALLY DESIGN AND BUILD SPACESHIPS. But this? This would only add to their frustrations and the fallout, I suspect, would be organizationally severe.

Chris has to keep Foundry happy more than he has to protect Ben from himself...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

boviscopophobic posted:

Spilling the beans would be giving the goons/DS what they want -- the very same toxic dinks who were responsible for his downfall.

That's a double edged sword. On the other hand, if he gets shitcanned, he could turn on CIG for not backing him up. Then again, he'd be too dumb to do that because Alexis (the other half of their income) works there. And the poor woman is going to be caught in the crossfire no matter how this swings.

Either way, his rear end is going to end up in a cramped chair, in a well airconditioned room in which he will be sweating buckets of lard, while under deposition.

I've said it before, I will say it again: There is absolutely NO version of this, whereby these rear end-clowns get away with what they've done.

This, again, are the happenstance effects of the E.L.E.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 16, 2016

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

G0RF posted:

I just don't know if he'd want to. He doesn't seem like the sort who would talk, not against Chris and Sandi who have treated him very well. I'm only guessing but he doesn't strike me as the sort who would go rogue-- and honestly, it's possible Chris and Sandi would 'take care of him' in such a way as to reward his silence.

I'm just speculating but I don't think he'd be getting little digs in here and there like some have (Wingman, etc.)

Honestly they could pretend to let him go and flip him to a salary from a sub-company. The optics would look right from afar (terrible under audit). These are the kinds of outcomes I would assume would be discussed.

If they fired Will for the 'leaving marijuana on his desk while doing a video interview' embarrassment (even though I'd guess they didn't want to), I think they'll use similar logic here. If they circle wagons and wrap arms around Ben and say 'we support him' then they'll pay a very high price (in the press and internally with their beleaguered and demoralized workforce).

Foundry employees are tasked with saving CIG from Chris Roberts. Chris' future is in THEIR hands. They already see the indulgence of the LA group as an affront, surely-- and Ben's title is an insult to folks at Foundry who CAN ACTUALLY DESIGN AND BUILD SPACESHIPS. But this? This would only add to their frustrations and the fallout, I suspect, would be organizationally severe.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4acb72f26cad04a030ceeae5fc9e219e
I keep reading this and his CR obsession is just absolute madness.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Daztek posted:

I used to love Sierra games... Then they started using the crap rear end notype interface and I said to hell with Sierra, I'll find a new game... #4,316

I know you made that up because there's no way Ben Lesnick enjoyed any game that wasn't Wing Commander.

The only thing that I think will get Ben fired is bringing to attention his unflattering quotes about Chris Roberts.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kakarot posted:

Holy! This Ben stuff is creepy. Hope derek is archiving!

I've scraped and archived the entire site, and uploaded to an Amazon S3 repo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I believe that people change, and what someone was like years ago may not represent who they are now. Addicts, the sick, victims of abuse, people can be subjected to horrible things and become better for it.

Ben Lesnick is not one of those people. He is still the same spiteful, petty, stupid person he was at the beginning of Star Citizen, and seeing those posts I see no reason to believe he was any different back then. He has no business representing a company, especially one created by the community they serve. Frankly he has failed every challenge set before him, and I see no reason to believe this will be any different.

He will not be fired. He knows too much, and if he were to be let go he would not sign a NDA. Doing so would kill his only hope at making money; selling his story. The damage Ben can do is incredible and I have no doubt that he would do it if there was nothing left.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

Please check your PMs G0RF :)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

osker posted:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4acb72f26cad04a030ceeae5fc9e219e
I keep reading this and his CR obsession is just absolute madness.

Mind, he has/had a friend called Chris Reid

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

somewhere, some how, beer is cumming

Efb by the man himself

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

They won't give a poo poo, not will they do anything about it. If they had a professional PR guy he would probably tell them to fire Ben but they've got no accountability and nobody giving them good advice.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

"If I were like a pedophile or something I might do that." #14,546

"No, but If I was going to rape 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there." #14,547

<Trelane> "Sometimes I envy the Japanese. Like, I bet their Ramen is much better than the crappy Ramen we have here. Also, the radiation from Nagasaki and Hiroshima will one day result in the creation of Nipponese Supermen"
<LOAF> "And they get to have sex with thirteen year olds all the time. Instead of once or twice a month." #21,244

- Ben Lesnick

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Daztek posted:

Mind, he has/had a friend called Chris Reid

Hah, gently caress me, I thought there was a Psycho type scenario in which he is talking to a Chris Roberts pillow doll on a rocking chair with its back turned to us.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe that people change, and what someone was like years ago may not represent who they are now. Addicts, the sick, victims of abuse, people can be subjected to horrible things and become better for it.

Ben Lesnick is not one of those people. He is still the same spiteful, petty, stupid person he was at the beginning of Star Citizen, and seeing those posts I see no reason to believe he was any different back then. He has no business representing a company, especially one created by the community they serve. Frankly he has failed every challenge set before him, and I see no reason to believe this will be any different.

He will not be fired. He knows too much, and if he were to be let go he would not sign a NDA. Doing so would kill his only hope at making money; selling his story. The damage Ben can do is incredible and I have no doubt that he would do it if there was nothing left.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

They won't give a poo poo, not will they do anything about it. If they had a professional PR guy he would probably tell them to fire Ben but they've got no accountability and nobody giving them good advice.

I have already notified David Swofford via email and Facebook. I also just tweeted at him

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/721434689332998144

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 16, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Derek, did you know about this site before it was posted?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

I have already notified David Swofford

lol nice

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's a real shame that Lesnick's deep thoughts are archived on an obscure site where few can enjoy them.

https://twitter.com/BenLesnickSays

Oh shiiieeet

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

Derek, did you know about this site before it was posted?

No. The news broken (by a Goon) in my private Discord server channel. It went crazy from there. And it's not even 24hrs yet.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid/status/721434921127043077

:knope:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

:chanpop: :chanpop:

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
NSFW but kind of funny that he inserted his name in there.

osker fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 16, 2016

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721432094455439360

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They have 6 days till the next live show, plenty of time.

I am still puzzled why he would keep all this stuff. The whole news reporter picture thing is what creeps me out the most though. I know I said Bens murder dungeon ARG last night, but drat.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

out of everyone at cig, I feel the worst for the slimy nerds wife

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm wagering Lando has never been a Lesnick fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

getting the vibe he and ben werent friends lol

• Locked thread