Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Seriously, he hosed up the kilrathi so bad they looked like mutant confucius space rats in space.

Don't worry, Jobbo. The Vanduul are getting a redesign as we speak, and they are going to SCARIFY you.

Then again, I think they still use spiky wooden staff/swords as the ignition for their Vanduul spacecraft -- so however scary the look after this next redesign, they may still be a bit hard to take seriously...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
Today's a weird day because Derek went almost completely silent on twitter and here too. Here's hoping there's some major machinations in the works now!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Don't worry, Jobbo. The Vanduul are getting a redesign as we speak, and they are going to SCARIFY you.

Then again, I think they still use spiky wooden staff/swords as the ignition for their Vanduul spacecraft -- so however scary the look after this next redesign, they may still be a bit hard to take seriously...

What happened to the Tevarin and the Kr'Thak, of which I thought they were the real badguys of the game.

To frame, Kr'Thak would be similar to the white walkers while the vanduul are like pests.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
My lonely egress is after shown one Vive to shiv in my Courtney...

ZenMaster posted:

my only egret is that I have but one fife to give for my poultry

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DarkFact posted:

Today's a weird day because Derek went almost completely silent on twitter and here too. Here's hoping there's some major machinations in the works now!

Don't worry, Derek is at a meeting with his legal team at the local park. A lot of butt sniffing and shouting matches between the lawyers, but hopefully they will come up with a way to move forward soon.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The world is a better place today.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

screenshots of the destruction (and presumable suicide)?

Start here,

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203785&page=670

He/she, we think it is a sandi clone, gives up on page 673.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Parp for 4000

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
I thought Derek was making the point that June 1 was the starting pistol. That this day marked the beginning of the end, that by letting the TOS go unchanged, or just the TOS ending, was something significant and would get other things rolling.

I don't think anyone should expect CIG to go out with a bang, it always felt like a long drawn out death, the type you wanted to see in titanic, but got screwed out of, but finally got in the Revenant (good actor, but should not have won with that performance).

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile, over at the international community, from PTU participant sources:

quote:

Ok, I´d say patch N is already in a normal state and everyone can download it to play.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

1500 posted:

I thought Derek was making the point that June 1 was the starting pistol. That this day marked the beginning of the end, that by letting the TOS go unchanged, or just the TOS ending, was something significant and would get other things rolling.

I don't think anyone should expect CIG to go out with a bang, it always felt like a long drawn out death, the type you wanted to see in titanic, but got screwed out of, but finally got in the Revenant (good actor, but should not have won with that performance).

calm before the shitstorm

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MedicineHut posted:

Meanwhile, over at the international community, from PTU participant sources:

*Fixed an issue where players were missing ankles if wearing shoes without pants.*

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4m3s0z/star_citizen_alpha_240n_on_ptu/d3sax0w

Patch O should fix that back.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man,

Purchased weapons still don't have sights, combustion pistol has no ammo and you can't buy ammo at Ollisar.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Kosumo posted:

Parp for 4000

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Here are some thirsty cats from india,

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kosumo posted:

Parp for 4000

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
:justpost:

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015
G'nite goons! Looking forward to p.4k tomorrow :)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
ELE?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

two things that surprised me

1) Karl is still alive
2) Karl is now advocating refunds

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ELEiot

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

G'nite goons! Looking forward to p.4k tomorrow :)

G'Nite commando may your dreams be persistent and fidilety filled.

the wife a few days ago said in random conversation, that as of late i have been sleeping in a weird T pose position in the bed and my feet appear to clip in and out of the blankets. I told her she doesn't know anything about sleep development.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Just Parp

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

EminusSleepus posted:

two things that surprised me

1) Karl is still alive
2) Karl is now advocating refunds

Come back to the thread, Karl

This is your home

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
:gary:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Never stop posting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Croberts akbar

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/331313/slavery-in-star-citizen-a-players-perspective

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thronde posted:

Croberts akbar

Also Godspeed towards 4000.

Stretch goal: 4242.

For just $114,000,000 United States Dollars.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

From the E3 thread.

CIG is really frugal with the backers money.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
If only they had some sort of marketing or community team literally down the road from E3 and if only someone from one of those teams was capable of playing a video and talking about the game for 5 minutes.

But alas, CIG is too frugal with backer money.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Why can't other people represent CIG I wonder.

Developers? Busy fixing ground breaking bugs such as not having ankles when wearing shoes but not pants.

Ben? Too busy counting Wing Commander floppy disks for the 977th time and/or stalking his reporter waifu.

Sandi? Too busy with vacation and "acting" to know even the most basic poo poo about the game. It's about spaceships or something, I think.

Lando? Dumpster diving behind McDonalds.

Money? His job description of "Literally Token Black Guy" does not cover this.

Rest of the community team? Too busy denying refunds.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
CIG is frugal with the backers' cash in the same way that I'm frugal with thread space

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dante80 posted:

From the E3 thread.

CIG is really frugal with the backers money.

:lol: if that guy thinks Chris ever flies coach.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
So how about those single board computers, eh? Those things are pretty cool, no?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Totally not emptyquoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what part of my brain to I need to stab with an icepick to be as idiotically optimistic, or deluded, I'm not even sure anymore, as these backers? Frugal with money, they have loving pieces of furniture more expensive than most of the cars I've owned. Furniture that cost what I made in like 3 months as a SSG with BAH in the Army. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It always just seems like ignorance maybe is bliss. I can't wait for this to loving crash and burn and these people ignore reality more and pine for what could have been for the rest of their lives while continuing to live in the little loving WING COMMANDER FROM 1992 fantasy worlds they've constructed.

OK I need to go to bed I'm a filthy leaver, good luck with the 4000 goal I guess.

• Locked thread