Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Uh, I do.

See my reddit flair on /r/StarCitizen for details.

According to the new TOS, no one owns it. You can claim a pledge to it, but owning it? Nope. Crobbers says so!

edit : cat

http://i.imgur.com/eUGjgUh.gifv

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!
on a serious note:
for backers that seek advise or have opinions you want to freely discuss that are undesired on the rsi forum or on /r/starcitizen. and you don't want to register here on SA for whatever reason.
you can join the discussion over the frontier forums' star citizen thread

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
For clarification, I was happy because I bought a 3rd ship to go with my completionist package and other ships.

When CIG finally adds the universe, the AI, the org mechanics, the mining + other jobs, income, economy, the NPCs, hireable henchman... I'll be good to go with my very own battle fleet.

And the upside is that I will never see any enemies since my instance will automatically full with all MY ships :getin:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

NLJP posted:

I'm looking forward to MoMA coming back and telling us this is actually real good for the backers, honest

It seems like his latest tactic is to completely ignore any and all points made and just shill 110% ala "I can't wait to have fun in the new PTU build!"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Streetroller posted:

About $3000 (From RSI directly, not gifted)

Unfortunately, I am in the USA - East Coast. I've already sent in my request, but I'm assuming it will be denied as I had to use the website in-order to send in the request in the first place, thereby agreeing to the terms according to them.
I've started documenting everything. I've paid through PayPal, but it was back in 2014, so I'm not sure they will allow a chargeback of that magnitude from that period.

Like I said, I am pretty sure that the ToS "Contract" is illegal due to the perpetuity nature of it... but hopefully this won't end in court.

Welcome to the thread friend.

Out of interest, what persuaded you to cough up $3k for a videogame? This is not a trick question, I would genuinely like to know.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Turd Burglar posted:

I'd just like to point out that if you look at an actual real games tos it doesn't include any of that poo poo about refunds or giving up the right to sue.

It's shady.

:eyepop:

hosed up if tru

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The problem with cultists with a streak of conspiracy theory to them (the sort hanging out in r/ds as it were) is that they view Derek as the sort of petty malicious troglodyte who not only relishes the failure of CGI but proactively and maliciously seeks to pervert and take away from their dream. But what they fail to account for is that even if that characterization was in any way valid, it absolutely doesn't loving matter in the least.

None of it changes the facts. Even if their very worst fears were actually based in reality it'd be entirely meaningless. The game is as-is. There is no smoke and mirrors.

The center must hold. But the center cannot hold.

And so we have Derek Smart. I tell you, to these most devout of the faithful, there is no higher truth at this point. Saying their beliefs are unexamined does no justice to the veritable baroque edifices of cognitive dissonance and rationalizing at play.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I am feeling hollow, like death

Buy a javelin and a hot tub and soothe your troubles away.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Dante80 posted:

Oh noes!

Quick, someone send, "I'm really enjoying that red writing underneath your name".

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
In the past Goon scandals have generally happened on weekends. We've always waited for Monday to see their reaction. Looks like they're doing it to us this time. :v:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

They should re-market this as a horror game. That thing is horrifying.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Heartbreaking and, frankly, sickening.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dante80 posted:

Oh noes!

That's a great low-effort plausible deniability move

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Fourth Stimpire is definitely official lore.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Isn't it just.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

plug those holes, the liquid metal skeleton is escaping

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I cannot wait for Derek to wake up.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
the best

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Saints Row 4 mod coming along nicely.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Drake Dragonfly confirmed in-game

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

This.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Okay, finally pushed over the edge to just say gently caress it and chargeback everything left on my account because this is some next level holy what the chris(t) Roberts level stuff.

Everyone keeps mentioning PayPal chargebacks, but when I tried to do that (after contacting RSI support earlier in the week luckily during the whole art asset thing, not going near that ticket anymore for fear of contracting the TOS virus) I was told they cannot chargeback any transaction made over 180 days ago.

Is the rep I spoke to bonkers or is there some voodoo goon-spell I need to cast while saying DEREK SMART three times in order to get the ball rolling on this? I backed way back in 2012 and upgraded packages here and there until 2013. Most of it I got out in the grey market, but still a pair of basic packages I was hanging on to for the cause and/or if I ever had enough free time to try to make :pgabz: -wannabee videos.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

FelixReynolds posted:

Okay, finally pushed over the edge to just say gently caress it and chargeback everything left on my account because this is some next level holy what the chris(t) Roberts level stuff.

Everyone keeps mentioning PayPal chargebacks, but when I tried to do that (after contacting RSI support earlier in the week luckily during the whole art asset thing, not going near that ticket anymore for fear of contracting the TOS virus) I was told they cannot chargeback any transaction made over 180 days ago.

Is the rep I spoke to bonkers or is there some voodoo goon-spell I need to cast while saying DEREK SMART three times in order to get the ball rolling on this? I backed way back in 2012 and upgraded packages here and there until 2013. Most of it I got out in the grey market, but still a pair of basic packages I was hanging on to for the cause and/or if I ever had enough free time to try to make :pgabz: -wannabee videos.

Nobody's going to want to help you, the trick is making it easier for them to refund you than to deal with you

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Well, as mentioned, initiate chargeback with Paypal asap because they're about to shut that window for good and I have zero doubt Star Citizen is responsible for them changing their policies.

(and no, CIG, this is not out of an "anonymous hate campaign", YOU failed to deliver the product, YOU need to come clean about what is and isn't feasible with this project, but until you cease failing to deliver by your own timeframes, people deserve their money back and a full accounting)

Don't listen to him. He doesn't understand EVERYTHING is feasible, if you are willing to be patient and wait long enough...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Optix334 is my new least favorite commando. gently caress but he's obnoxious

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Optix334 is my new least favorite commando. gently caress but he's obnoxious

Lol, I'm having a "discussion" with him.

Apparently, if you come to the same conclusions as Derek Smart its because you're in his back pocket and just parroting everything he says.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

FelixReynolds posted:

They make exceptions, you need to make yourself one by pushing for a manager or whatever. They should have an open file on CIG.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen Universe mode in 2.4 is officially Pay2Win

quote:

From 2.0 to 2.3 (and also in 2.4 PTU) you could use rental equipment in Universe with no problems.

In 2.4 Live, they did make great changes, and apparently, one of the biggest ones is that you can't use rental ships / weapons anymore.

Most people won't notice this, because they have hundreds of different ships in their hangar, but for people like me, who really can't afford much, it's another story.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Turd Burglar posted:

Im gonna call cigs refund policy the "no take backsies gently caress you, got ours" clause

And their you can't sue us agreement the "no take backsies gently caress you, got ours times infinity" clause

FTFY.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Looks like there's a new batch of backers that feel grief thanks to this new patch.

:allears:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone is arguing what "buying" and "pledging" are again. This argument seems to come up a lot lately.

Some are even saying buying a pledge item, is still pledging.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259596&page=127

jon93 is totally not a shill guys.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lime Tonics posted:

Everyone is arguing what "buying" and "pledging" are again. This argument seems to come up a lot lately.

Some are even saying buying a pledge item, is still pledging.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259596&page=127

jon93 is totally not a shill guys.

You know what else accepts pledges?

Cults.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
game not correctly calculating currency.

quote:

long story short: so i bought a p4 rifle and ammo from arc, game told me im supposed to have 750 left but i looked on f1 and it says 350. wut

And so the griefing begins.

quote:

2.4 has been live less than a day and I'm already sick and tired of the respawn timer. People keep throwing themselves against my Gemini, which makes me an outlaw and security promptly blows me up. Love a 20min timer on my ship when I've done nothing.

You have done something Citizen, you paid $300+ for that ship and agreed to our new TOS.

No refunds.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Turd Burglar posted:

I'd just like to point out that if you look at an actual real games tos it doesn't include any of that poo poo about refunds or giving up the right to sue.

It's shady.

Welp, got lucky, and got a bit of extra cash, so I am downloading the new Doom on my crappy DSL. I will give a trip report of anything legal other than the Steam ToS I see.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I launched the game and accepted the TOS because whatever, my minimum viable pledge doesn't even cover one of Ben's pre-lunch snacks.

2.4 report: The framerate is poo poo as always, but now there's an additional input lag on seemingly everything. Like you move your mouse, it catches up where you want to be, and then does ~immersion motion blur~ and finally moves.

I think I managed to sneak out of the station without my space suit, but I couldn't figure out how to toggle the 3rd person camera. I went to the keybinds menu and what the hell, it's not a screen where you can change keybinds, it's a picture of a keyboard where your cursor is a magnifying glass to read and apparently memorise the 3 functions mapped to every key depending on current context.

It's like a coked out Chris Roberts briefly passed out and hit his head on the keyboard, and when waking up decided all those keys are perfect. Don't let players change them, it's the CR ~vision~

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

I love the idea that you cant have your pledge back because CIG have "earned" it. Thats some serious newspeak since what they clearly mean is that they have spent it.

In exchange for your trust and your money, Croberts promises to spend your money

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
I've just realised that we all talk about Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) but that their website and the ToS all refer to Roberts Space Industries (RSI)

What's the connection between these? I mean, I know they're all part of the same group, but is CIG part of RSI or the other way around?

Presumably there's no way they could argue that you can't have any refunds from CIG because you've not given any money to CIG or whatever?

And that new ToS is as shady as hell. What was that link to that "How to get a refund" guide so I can slap it on isstarcitizenreleasedyet.co ?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

And so the griefing begins.

You have done something Citizen, you paid $300+ for that ship and agreed to our new TOS.

No refunds.

Who could have predicted this shocking turn of events?

(Goons. Goons predicted it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GazChap posted:

I've just realised that we all talk about Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) but that their website and the ToS all refer to Roberts Space Industries (RSI)

What's the connection between these? I mean, I know they're all part of the same group, but is CIG part of RSI or the other way around?

Presumably there's no way they could argue that you can't have any refunds from CIG because you've not given any money to CIG or whatever?

And that new ToS is as shady as hell. What was that link to that "How to get a refund" guide so I can slap it on isstarcitizenreleasedyet.co ?

Same reason the 'Manchester' and Frankfurt offices are officially "Foundry 42 Ltd."

• Locked thread