Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

orcinus posted:

It's just ASCII hex.
And yes, it reads "de gekke dokter wijst de weg".

It's the first part that's got everyone scratching their heads.
3/35/101/21/10/5/14/6/34/1/23/22/4/29/9/19/2/11

The first part is a set of prime and semiprime numbers. I have no idea what they mean.

(Well, 1 isn't a prime number but it might be a placeholder or a space maybe?)

Strangler 42 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Wait, so are people that are having their refunds denied flipping their ships on the grey market for below market price and then having their banks chargeback the original amount? That seems like a fraudster's dream if Visa really is fast-tracking chargebacks and CIG has no way to prove ships have changed hands. How are they allowing the grey market to still operate?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Solvency posted:

Could someone explain this to me, how do the dates of the tweets implicate INN as being paid? What am I not getting?

The time stamp means he's talking about a business meeting with CIG. Wolf works for a marketing firm or something?

https://twitter.com/jakedimare/status/687042774395260929

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

He can't be toast. Toast is a true believer and gets paid in spaceship JPEGS and probably would have become severely disillusioned if he had to read your post everyday.

MoMA posts with the resolve of someone whose opinion is already bought and paid for.

So how's the weather at Agency Oasis, MoMA?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So was it ever confirmed that Dolvak was behind the ddos attacks that brought down some of the thread images? Because if it was then there is a direct line from Dolvak to INN to Agency Oasis to CIG. Which means that CIG was/is paying flunkies to ddos the forums. Good way to spend backer money!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

orcinus posted:

If they have a QA department, why do they need the Avocados?

Because the avocados work for free. Actually, they're paying for the right to be bug testers. This is the best scam ever!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SirPhoebos posted:

I hope it's 1, although 2 and 3 are actually the least pathetic. Because trolls will be trolls and idiots will be idiots. If its 1, then it means CIG is actively engaged in spreading mis-information about consumer rights and what the state of the project is under the guise of being an outside party. Not only does this strengthen the argument that actual fraud is occurring, but it confirms that CIG knows how dire things are, but can't do anything but insist that everything is fine and the Emperor is fully clothed even while everyone talks about his genital warts.

What CIG said was that they were only going to use backer funds to build the game.

What CIG did was spend backer money on weapons of misinformation to use against their own client base. It's devious, really.

I hope the FTC guts CIG so that people can FOIA some information on which accounts on which forums were under the control of Crobberts and company.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Well, he's not wrong. It is a movement. Just not the kind he's expecting.

Talkin' about bowel movements

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

reverend crabhands posted:

This picture makes me feel angry, I do not know why.

Is it because their ugly mugs will live on in a board game long after Star Citizen has imploded into a heap of unsalvageable poo poo?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Dante80 posted:

Speaking of Stars...didn't Croberts want to keep the identities of the actors in Sq42 secret or sth (so as to have big reveals etc)?

did he talk to imdb?

Wow, Randall Graves has come a long way since his RST video days

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

EdEddnEddy posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/736238869268553729

More money going to "Chris's Retirement fund", or "Executives need vacation time too."

#chrisonaboat

I wonder if this will be the picture they use for the eventual "Where Did The Money Go?" news article.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Paramemetic posted:

For Ray Roocroft, the day he had to try to deflect a thousand refund requests was the worst day of his life, but for Derek Smart? It was TOSday.

Should I get a refund?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLSnGe06kAI

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

KiddieGrinder posted:

They better book him two seats, cause if they kicked that Kevin Smith guy off a plane for being too fat, Biggy Lessneck Developer of Shitstains won't stand a chance.

Unless they're chartering their own aircraft, which at this point wouldn't surprise me too much.

I wonder if the plane from Operation: Dumbo Drop is available

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

She's not 36. I've been attacked by enough women in their 40's to know she's mid to upper

More like "Pushing52"

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lime Tonics posted:

They basically just admitted that their gamescon appearance is a hang out session. No game to be shown, just come hang out.

Paarp

I really hope it's five days straight of backers running up to them shouting "Where's the loving game Ben?" and then slapping their drinks off the table.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok so to put it bluntly: they are a business

Businesses produce finished goods for profit. What CIG is doing is taking preorders for add-ons for a game yet to be completed. Should the CEO be drawing a salary from a company that has yet to produce anything significant? Shouldn't preorder money be used to fund the game before going into his pocket? Because there is a very real probability that this project tanks before completion.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

peter gabriel posted:

Fuckin :lol: at the page when I now log in

Well at least you'll be off probation before the game comes out.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

So not only are they tricking people into being QA testers and not paying them, now they are getting people to be their ship designers as well?

And 35 bucks? Really? At this point they're just grabbing the backers by the ankles and shaking them until all the loose change drops out of their pockets.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Here Lie Star Citizens.

They Never Scored.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I love reading people defending this mess. It's like they got served a five thousand dollar poo poo sandwich and hearing them complement the subtle textures and the nutty-ness and the bits of corn sprinkled throughout. They're taking big wet bites and patting their tummies and smiling through poo poo-spackled teeth while dreaming of what Chef Crobberts will be cooking up for the next game show or con.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

thatguy posted:

Whoever stole their ship just now, God Bless.

That was the best thing to happen in the last half hour

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Whoops, I was booted from the server.
Whoops, my guns disappeared.
Whoops, the ship randomly exploded.
Whoops, somebody stole our ship.
Whoops, I'm being shot at by invisible players!

Salty Asshats, indeed.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Hey guys rmember earlier today when we were watching five guys dicking aroung in the stairwell of a starfarer before they all started getting booted from the server and then their ship exploded and then they got a new ship and someone named XXXGRANDMA stole their new ship and everyone quit out of frustration? That was good times...

So how about that Infinite Warfare trailer? Pretty cool if you ask me.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

Spawned an Andromeda
Had a couple friends crew it with me - another accompanied us in his Sabre.
Flew to Kareah because we heard some people were there.
Shot them all dead and took up stations.
Shot a few more that arrived. Then we left and started griefing players at the comm links
Had a few laughs and then got booted off the server because of a service restart.
It was a good time.

Were you a part of this instance? https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/72239369

Because it looked like they were having a blast!!! Skip to 4:38:19!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Morris posted:

I realize I'm like 2 years behind everyone else here, but are y'all saying that the fucky physics in pgabz's videos is because CIG married themselves to a geometry system that was fundamentally incompatible with the engine, after having been advised of that fact, and haven't been able to fix it for two years because they're too busy putting in a cash shop to play dress-up dolls?

And that it basically boils down to "CIG didn't understand floating point numbers when they started coding the physics?"

Someday I may be as jaded as the rest of you but that's incredible.

Well it is just a series of bad decisions, one after another, snowballing into the mess we see before us today.

It's like when you see a high speed car chase on the news. That person in the car didn't really imagine their day going like that but one bad decision leads to another leads to another and suddenly you find yourself on the highway, in a bloody shirt, in a stolen car with thirty squad cars and a helicopter on your tail. It's too late to go back and fix things so the only direction you can go is forward and hope it all might work itself out somehow. But the needle on the gas gauge is nearing E, the highway is running out and we are almost at the point where Chris Robberts jumps out of the car and makes a break for freedom on foot.

And we're the peanut gallery watching at home, hoping the cops sic the dogs on him. :D

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

If they're able to deliver SQ42 (or at least some first iteration of it) by Q1 or Q2 of next year, I expect much of those mechanics and assets can be used to complete the PU. Despite Derek's accusations of a skeleton team working on PU, my belief is that with 300 people, they have enough people working on PU to continue it's advancement while SQ42 work is ongoing. That said, I think the majority of the PU focus is on infrastructure right now. So, while engineering lays a basework for PU currently, and as assets and more persistence mechanics are added, the finality of PU won't likely be recognized (read: proven to be ready for an advanced alpha or beta) by the end of next year.

That would mean continued beta testing Q1-2 of 2018, possible RCs by Summer of '18 and Gold release by the end of that year.

Edit: If you subscribe to the notion that development started in 2012-3 (3-4 years), that means that total development time would be 5-6 years. If you say 2012, then 6 years. I don't think that is overly unreasonable given that they essentially would have made 2 games.

Let's pretend for a second that your expectations are reasonable (lol). Where is the money going to be coming from to keep this ship of fools afloat? Ship sales are stagnating, the overhead for 4 studios in 3 countries is absurd and the burn rate is only going to grow worse.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

What do you mean come from? 115 million raised from crowdfunding. Likely a similar (ok - let's say even half that) amount of private investment; any number of grants for small businesses (hence some of the smaller entities still in existence) and tax incentives in different states and countries. Do you think the money coming in is spent immediately? Ok - there are four studios and the bulk of the employees are located in Europe. Even guessing (LOL no access to financials!) that the monthly burn rate is approx 3 mil/mo and speculating that this was the case for the past 18 months ( I say 18 because the ramp up to 300 employees occurred during this time), that's $54 million. Given my other variables, they then should have (or utilized) up to $150mil more. I'm confident that they're doing fine for the time being.

Other things to consider that you probably ignored:
-Initial start up costs to get this circus on its feet
-Sandi and Crobberts' six figure incomes
-The dump truck of money it took to get Gary "loving" Oldman to wear a spandex onesie while taking direction from a certified hack
-The pile of money that was wasted outsourcing Space Marine to Illfonic
-The refunds and chargebacks continually pouring in
-Irresponsible spending on coffee machines
-Paying for reputation management services to send shills into online forums
-Bandwidth costs for continuous 30 gb "patches"
-Hush money paid to leavers to keep quiet about the state of the game
-Cancelled endorsement deals from AMD and other companies distancing themselves from this tire fire
-The fact that they changed the TOS to avoid having to share any financials, like ever. Like if you looked at CIG's books your face would melt like you opened the Ark of the Covenant.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm just going to refrain from posting every time a "CIG Scandal" is posted. Have fun with that. I've got a meeting to attend soon anyway.

Bye! Tell Sandi we're calling her Pushing52 now! Take care!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Mr Fronts posted:

There IS no "engineering debt", you see... because CIG don't have to do any of the stuff they said.

There is no more engineering "debt" because the new TOS is essentially declaring bankruptcy! All the debt is wiped away because they're under no obligation to deliver anything!

Except that this bankruptcy declaration is about as valid as when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy on the Office. They're just shouting it into the void and hoping it holds up in court.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Propagandist posted:

A coup? Who would want to take over this pile of dogshit?

Derek Smart presents: Smart Citizen!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

When Derek was about to "doxx" me, I provided him with my Reddit account SCPilotMan. I never use it. There are no posts on it. I simply have one to have an account with some age on it. Reddit is complete trash.

So do you like keep a time sheet that you log your shitposts and shilling activites over the web that you hand in to CIG at the end of the week or is there like a Flintstones like punch clock that you clock in and out of each day?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

man I really need to stay outta this, I'm way outta my depth

Why do you think Sandi was at E3? She's coming for you! Watch out if you see her striding toward you with a box filled with roses!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

well she's been the very best terminator since she was a little girl, so I'm actually shaking right now, thanks for triggering me

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/twerk17

:gary:

Bored Gamer is saying Saitek and AMD are going to send him loads of poo poo to play with, Peter you ought to get onto this free bandwagon considering your popularity on youtube.

wtfosaurus: ...when Starcitizen starts working...
other 2 hosts: *Snort*

Edit: Now they're talking about SAndi at e3

Strangler 42 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 15, 2016

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lazrin posted:

in the words of your leader, thats not how that works

media needs clicks. thats why they show car crashes and hockey fights as highlights more than the highlights themselves

you expected some kind of capitulation on cig's part because of smarts actions? hes the laughing stock of the industry. he did nothing. you did nothing.

whether sc or s42 ever see the light of day is another topic, but the fact is that goons and smart are irrelevant, whatever their effort and whatever the outcome

the room full of beautiful minds in here can't handle the truth

So the potato incident, the dissapearing artwork, INN appearing on around the verse, the editing of the donut video, the tracking of Major Tom, and everything else weren't direct responses?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

CrazyLoon posted:

We got a live one again! *OMNOMNOMNOMNOM*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfMKv5fxgQ

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SelenicMartian posted:

Used to be Shithouse.

Nope, can't see any clipping.

This their best take after prerecording and editing, right?

Why does this look like a PS2 game?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4oe5z7/piss_off_rstarcitizen_in_one_sentence/

Scene: A room full of citizens reading the thread aloud

1st line: Uproarious laughter
2nd line: Hearty laughs
3rd line: Laughs, but with some side-eyed glances
10th line: Nervous chuckles
Last line: Dead silence. Followed by quiet pitiful sobbing emanating from the back of the room.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

nice meltdowns

Please tell us the story of how this game might actually come out and be good again? Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

I really love the plane analogy. The Wright brothers had the time, the tech and the talent to pull off what nobody had ever done and are rightfully held up as pioneers.

What CIG is doing is akin to trying to get to the moon in the 1800's. Yes it is ambitious but we're still decades off from what Crobberts is promising to achieve. You say stuffing TNT under a trash can to break Earth's gravity makes Lord Robberts a visionary. I say it makes him an idiot. We just have to give him a match, take a few steps back, and see who's right.

• Locked thread