Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

That is the walkway the steps in the Endeavor farming module leads to underneath.

:laffo:

e: bugfixing catte

orcinus fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

orcinus posted:

Ladders. Immersion ladders.

Oh. Right. There's that.
They'll probably be in 2.6.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

21st Century Japanese farm:

30th Century Space farm a la Roberts:

It's like he's lived in a cave completely cut off from everything since the mid 90s. Game development, science advancements, human achievements, the works.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can we customize pubic hair yet? I need to feel... immersed.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

runsamok posted:

It's like he's lived in a cave completely cut off from everything since the mid 90s. Game development, science advancements, human achievements, the works.

The 90s is pretty generous. Try the 60s.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:five:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

oily space waifu

Killer band name.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I'm afraid I've fallen massively behind on this thread. I got distracted by game that, you know, actually exist.

I am a bad comando.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Needs to be grey and brown to be Roberts'.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6662118/#Comment_6662118

'It's all ready when it's ready. Stop caring so much. This week next week this month next month. It's all getting done and it's all getting done as fast as possible'

I'm totally going to try this line with my boss. Stop caring so much.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Going by the other stories coming out of the place, it sounds like Chris simply does not understand the technology, or believes it can be solved programmatically or in the simulation. He probably got into his head that, hey, mocap is easy — they can save tons of work by doing a single capture and then “just tweak the data.” He is pretty notorious for not listening to field experts telling him that things don't work the way he wants them to work — being told that just result in him telling people to not be useless and to go solve “their” problem (which is actually of his direct and deliberate, if uncomprehending, making).

He only sees the opportunities of a piece of technology and is blind to the limitations, especially if those limitations directly clash with his vision. Where a competent designer would do what has driven great art since, oh, the Lascaux paintings, and work around the limitations to create something unique and stunning, he just repeatedly bashes his head against the wall of infeasibility and hopes that the mounting pain is a sign that the wall is breaking.

In other words, he's from marketing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

runsamok posted:

Where the gently caress is his space tractor?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I choose to believe it's because Sandi isn't happy with her mocap session or the fidelity of her character model's face.

"IT SHOULD BE BIGGER, LIKE TEN TIMES BIGGER. I WANT THEM ALL TO SEE IT!"

”and you better put a boob window on that space suit! And where's my supposedly technological bauble made from a scrap LED emitter that i wear around my neck? HOW WILL PEOPLE KNOW IT'S ME?!”

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Achamp posted:

> Persistence is HUGE. Definitely our biggest leap since 2.0, and it is working great IMO.

>This release is taking a long time because persistence alone would be a ton of work, providing the content to show it off is twice as much.

The sheer amount of nonsense in any CIG post is mind-bending. So persistence is working "great", but there's this teensy weensy issue with "providing the content to show it off".Sounds like it isn't working yet to me.

I'm assuming this means they couldn't load up 50 different shaded jackets for people to buy and keep in this persistent world. The Crobbler has really outdone himself with this patch.

Our database is AWESOME. Now if we could just find some data to put in it...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The thread of 2.4 related angst doesn't seem to be losing steam, so CIG has sent out a secret weapon; an "Anonymous CIG Tester" account:

So we're getting a lot of expectation management for 2.4: (its all very impressive...but you won't really be able to see why) while also assuring us that 2.5, 2.6 etc. is where the real exciting stuff happens...

If they have a QA department, why do they need the Avocados?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Gravity_Storm posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6662118/#Comment_6662118

'It's all ready when it's ready. Stop caring so much. This week next week this month next month. It's all getting done and it's all getting done as fast as possible'

I'm totally going to try this line with my boss. Stop caring so much.

This is how I was acquitted of murder, in fact. I looked at all the evidence the state had brought against me and said 'wow, lmao, stop caring so much. You must have a lot of free time to put all that together, haha' and the jury found me not guilty on all counts.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parp_(onomatopoeic)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ever since 2.0 came out everyones been saying that the next patch is the big one and nothing has ever happened. The goalpost keeps moving back and soon they'll be going "2.7 is where the alpha really starts!"

We've always been in pre-alpha since Eastasia 2.7.

e: gently caress this, not fair, ninja'd in literally the next post.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

imperialparadox posted:

My favorite is how having one planet in the PTU means that the other 99.9 systems are just ready to be turned on whenever CIG wants to.

They could already have dozens of planets ready! You don't know that they don't!
Therefore they have!

Just look at the Lando leak!

Something something when it's ready something.
Impatient kids something something development works something.

Am i doing it right?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

well, now I gotta go take care of my erection

TO THE ETERNATOR

Who put Tophat into you?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Achamp posted:

Question for CIG:

Are they planning to add health problems to the Verse now that our characters are persistent?

We've got physics-accurate bird wing flapping technology, Pirate rape, Day-long warp flights to simulate FTL technology, agricultural plots promised to be more real than a weekend at the farm. Are ulcers not real in space? What about Type 2 diabetes? Can I smoke cigarettes and develop persistent emphysema?

Can i be a Ben in the 'universe?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

orcinus posted:

If they have a QA department, why do they need the Avocados?

Because the avocados work for free. Actually, they're paying for the right to be bug testers. This is the best scam ever!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Which reminds me... has B'Tak seen his shadow lately?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I legit would NOT pet that Catte.

Livejournal edit:

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 17, 2016

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Solomonic posted:

This is how I was acquitted of murder, in fact. I looked at all the evidence the state had brought against me and said 'wow, lmao, stop caring so much. You must have a lot of free time to put all that together, haha' and the jury found me not guilty on all counts.

Ironic that was beans defense for being a creepy pedo racisit.. and it worked.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Going by the other stories coming out of the place, it sounds like Chris simply does not understand the technology, or believes it can be solved programmatically or in the simulation. He probably got into his head that, hey, mocap is easy — they can save tons of work by doing a single capture and then “just tweak the data.” He is pretty notorious for not listening to field experts telling him that things don't work the way he wants them to work
«What do you mean "it doesn't work like that"? Make it work like that, that's what I pay you for. Back in the day people used to tell me things couldn't be done and I created my own engine just to prove them wrong, what sort of half arsed "programmer" are you? If you ever again tell me "it can't be done" you're fired.»

poo poo, they're onto us already. :negative:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Why would we need to harrass him on twitter when we can do it right here? :confused:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The thread of 2.4 related angst doesn't seem to be losing steam, so CIG has sent out a secret weapon; an "Anonymous CIG Tester" account:

So we're getting a lot of expectation management for 2.4: (its all very impressive...but you won't really be able to see why) while also assuring us that 2.5, 2.6 etc. is where the real exciting stuff happens...

the anonymous cig tester lost his bubble of authenticity

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Raskolnikov posted:

I legit would NOT pet that Catte.

Livejournal edit:

apparently 9.7 million people tried the open beta for Overwatch.

how did star citizen's fly free weekends do?

gonna guess not as well

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I know that's just a rhetorical question, and also this answer is comparing apples to oranges, but a bit over 120K citizens have nominally been added since early February. Of that, just quickly eyeballing the chart, I'd guess that about 30-40K of them were brought in specifically by the free fly events. I have not seen evidence of significant short-term increases in funding based on increases in citizen count.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 18, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kti6jlpKFIU

Rogue System just hit Steam early access.

One man project, study level systems simulation, orbital mechanics, awesome sound design by Michael Manning - even if this isn't your cup of tea it's well worth following as a perfect example of a vision being realised with laser sharp focus.

http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/p/features/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

orcinus posted:

Killer band name.

You already have a built in fanbase of bethsoft rpg modders too

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

SomethingJones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kti6jlpKFIU

Rogue System just hit Steam early access.

One man project, study level systems simulation, orbital mechanics, awesome sound design by Michael Manning - even if this isn't your cup of tea it's well worth following as a perfect example of a vision being realised with laser sharp focus.

http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/p/features/

Ah boy, I'm just so tired of all these rogue systems.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jon Do posted:

i dont really know which is more ridiculous

the concept that someone inside CIG made that post legitimately, since he talks about QA being "HYPE" :rolleyes:

the concept that one of their deranged fans made that post in order to try to give them positive social media presence with deniability

the concept that they pay people to wage an anti-FUD by doing the same type of "internet guerrilla warfare" they feel is being used against them. fake posters, fake glassdoors, etc

i know which FEELS the most true

It's all 3.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

runsamok posted:

The equivalent of 90s sci-fi movie flip-phones.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Jeb, we're going to accelerate/turn, please run over the the hydroponics farm and empty the water font back into the tank so it doesn't loving fly all over the god drat place.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

e; fb!

I'm starting to get the impression that the contributors to reddit subforum r/DerekSmart are not very bright smart.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Decrepus posted:

Ah boy, I'm just so tired of all these rogue systems.

They get results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Getting my Nvidia 1080 (Founder's Edition) slightly earlier than expected. Will benchmark Star Citizen ASAP

• Locked thread