Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
Star Citizen: The Image You Are Requesting Does Not Exist Or Is No Longer Available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

vince, perfect, chanpop, etc

Seriously though, this really is perfect.

Hope you're archiving obsessively monitoring this, Reddit!

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Catching up on the new thread, and I still can't stop laughing every time I see that "image doesn't exist" placeholder for an image the Redditors have deleted after seeing it posted here. Even when this thread isn't delivering, it delivers. :allears:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

LoL, they actually think there are still goons who log into Arena Commander anymore

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i almost did the gas emote but I remembered the rule that in games if you use it and the thread doesnt get gassed then you get a day probation

I actually did not know this. Eonwe saving the day itt.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Friends, please steward the :gary: wisely, lest we run it into the ground :ohdear:

I want this to stay funny for a long time.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

trucutru posted:

I motion to send this thread to the :gas: chamber and begin a new one with Bootcha as the OP.

A challenge hath been issued

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

jaegerx posted:

Ketchup users should be banned from the thread unless its whataburger spicy ketchup.

Heb will now ship it to you.

We used to have Whataburger in Central Florida, but not anymore. :saddowns: A buddy of mine who moved to Austin sent me a big bottle of Whataburger Spicy Ketchup for Christmas last year. It was not a gag gift.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Opal posted:

Why is this thread giving Derek Smart legitimate attention, this is an Honest Question

The same reason I am now answering you?

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Why is no one talking about Stash English Breakfast?

English Breakfast will never be as good as Irish Breakfast, but it's nothing to sneeze at.

Stash English Breakfast is pretty good. Stash Irish Breakfast is what the former wants to be when it grows up. Just a little bit of cream and sugar in a mug of that... yesssssssss.

TBH I've yet to try a Stash tea blend I didn't like.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

PAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPP

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Octopode why do you have such a hardon for technicalities and semantic arguments, dude?

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Also I gotta say, Loiosh, man, bless your little heart for managing to remain so cheerful and optimistic while still having (mostly) realistic expectations. You're pretty sharp for a flappy lizard with a brain the size of a rednut.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Crusader is a good name for a star system populated entirely by White Knights

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

I wonder how Seraph feels about the likely creator of Bitcoin getting his house raided by police today? Has he created a new alt to let us know his feelings on the subject yet? :ohdear:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

LMAO! I don't know wth you do around here, but you have a way to piss off people lol.

There was a time, in the long-long-ago, when this thread was worth not making GBS threads up, if only out of consideration for the effort Beer put into it.

Nowadays making GBS threads the thread is the thread. And what a glorious thread it is.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Seraph, I have kept my avatar pure, awaiting your return, that all may bask in the light of your insanity. It is only right that you should be with us here at the end.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

If you're trying to keep Croberts' attention away from your terrible secret until you drop it, Derek, then maybe "crack" isn't the best word to be throwing around

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Brumaldo posted:

Hello thread, been lurking for a long while. You guys seem to be having a hard time, so I come bearing distressing amounts of cats as a gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0A3JhPaeVI

Stay safe commandos. o8

You will go far here.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

Someone put Derek smart in the bane mask

"I am the Verse's reckoning. Here to end the borrowed money you've all been living on."

If you didn't read this in that ridiculous voice in your head, you're lying.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

We've got one of their scripts now. Pretty soon we'll know how they think. And then we'll know how to beat them. One day it will all be over... and everyone will forget that this was the moment. This is when it turned. And it wasn't the mighty Goons, it wasn't some fancy new shitposting. It was an indie developer named Smart who promised "Two weeks."

Would you like to post more?

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

For all of you new Citizens I have only one rule. Everyone Donates, No one charges back.

Parpship Troopers

:gary:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nobody on Reddit ever PMs me about the Terrible Secret.

The benefits of r/brownsea thinking you're Judas Iscariot

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Finish skimming through another page of the thread! :woop:

Next page loads, last page number has increased by two.
:negative:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Posting to confirm that the obvious week-long troll was still funny despite being obvious and a week long, but would have been a lot funnier without all the "ooh I just solved it, wow it's so incredible" kayfabe bandwagoning. That poo poo was tedious even just skimming to catch up, can't imagine what it was like in real time.

Speaking of real time, does this thread ever remind anyone else of relativistic time dilation? Like, how we all experience it in different frames of reference, depending on whether we're caught up and experiencing it in real time, or 38 pages back and skimming through to catch up? I feel like there might be something to that line of thought.

Thanks for reading, Commandos

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Is it just me, or does the weird DerekShip from the old Battlecruiser 3000AD cover look really reminiscent of the Rapiers from the WC movie? Vaguely similar shape... Twin tail-mount engines... Comically oversized nose cannon... I can't be the only one seeing this, right?

Derek Smart and Chris Roberts are the same person confirmed ITT. The pieces suddenly fit together. :tinfoil:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

So on a scale of "Strip Club" to "DBRB Op", how blueball did the ELE turn out to be?

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Daztek posted:

It is in progress, two weeks

Mexp-format terminator recognized

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Also, "beeble" is possibly the most :unsmith: word I have ever read.

If that was a typo, I don't want to know it.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Sometimes I forget this whole goddamn thing is supposed to be a joke.

I look at the reality of it, and how CIG is making it more and more impossible to get refunds, and how backers are lining up for the slaughterhouse with smiles on their faces.

And I am made to feel grief.

I work seasonally at Universal Studios as a performer for their "Halloween Horror Nights" event. Back in... I wanna say 2010, I was cast in a haunted house called "Saws and Steam: Into the Machine". The premise was essentially a steampunk version of "Soylent Green", where the audience took on the viewpoint of undesirables being sent to a Promised Land that was in reality a factory designed to mulch people for their water content.

The Star Citizen Faithful remind me of that haunted house. Like, a lot.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Good Dumplings posted:

And I was going to do the "shut up and take my money" one and make it say "SUCK MY oval office" instead but holy poo poo this is way better: https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KGfPoSS6qvf_19n6b-S

God drat :cawg:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Holy poo poo, that "sign off" :stonklol:

That was like watching someone give the absolute worst stage performance in human history, and then unironically drop the mic afterwards.

Like, I'm imagining him not even getting the "stage right" part right.

Even after getting dumpstered, this thread still finds ways to amaze.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

From now on the definition of fremdschamen needs to just be a link to that post imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Mushroom Hatch is slang for butthole

This is where I lost it.

• Locked thread