Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Isn't there a quote somewhere of a cop saying something like "Whenever we bust a pedo, they're either into Star Trek or Star Wars"?

Pedophilia and Star Trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

Bravely fighting for the right to move between the kitchen and the bathroom without his heart threatening to explode.

In his house, they're the same room.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

lol

noone read your effortpost about how this whole circus is dumb and we should have better poo poo to do

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/1532429/#Comment_1532429

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Goons are the worst.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

As of today, i'm pretty sure Ben is a psychopath. So yeah he probably buried said body's.

I eventually had to subsist on the flesh and urine of my co-workers... #9,936

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

that reply is so goddamn angry now that i read it

"i have to try to spin this AND hide how pissed i am... lets go for something that's real corporate response sounding"

Are you talking about the one I posted? I want to say that that was his response to a woman here getting harassed and bullied when she wanted to start a girl-gamer group on their forums. Dude banned her, then started a mass FLJK ban when a bunch of us protested. He basically said it was because she might have been trolling and that she was getting more and more upset when she reported the harassment.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

Yeah, you got me. I didn't read it, or I probably would have figured it out quicker.

All the better knowing you didn't intend to confuse me

e: Sad that it isn't in response to the recent developments.

No worries. I was posting that whenever people started to feel a bit too sorry for him, as a reminder. This is also the guy that hired a mod that started banning a bunch of us from the CIG chat when we suggested to a pubbie that rape might not be the best idea for a graphic novel. CIG knew years ago that he was a liability but kept him on anyway.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Whoever owns https://twitter.com/ShitLesnickSaid is my hero

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Anybody have the screenshots of Ben banning that girl who was being sexually harrassed?

Lol they deleted all that poo poo. Like, we would literally hit F5 and watch the posts disappear and the total page count decrease.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
They banned a guy because he was editing his post at the same time a mod was and his edit overwrite the mods. Literally seconds apart.

Dude got banned because CIG didn't know what time stamps were.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

and end your seed

I doubt that's a concern.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I am thinking about starting a site where I can put my edgy stuff in one place

Make sure you don't bother deleting it when you get your dream job of picking up your hero's dry cleaning

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Prediction: CIG hires an actual serial killer next week so they can say that Ben isn't their worst employee anymore

Three people die during the special RTV that introduces him

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

gently caress that fat piece of poo poo.

You'll have to get in line behind diabetes, heart disease, and sleep apnea.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

Restaurant does not look like a buffet?

Well not after Ben's done, duh.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

The most offensive thing in the bedroom photo is the Kevin J Anderson Dune prequel books.

No it's the framed photo of his stalking victim.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

I still don't understand that memorial.

The best-laid schemes o' mice and Ben...

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'd put money on him lying about the $300 per box price.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

if youre not finding this latest thread turn of events hilarious maybe its time to reconsider why you even post here

Is emptyquoting still allowed?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Skellybones posted:

Derek could be posting right now by un-banning himself but that would require admitting he did something wrong.

Remember that time the thread got closed because he threatened to dox 4 people and he managed to spin it into "yeah you guys got the thread closed but I managed to get it reopened so watch it from now on :smug:"

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

This is what happens when someone who's never seen it hears "Top Gear isn't about the cars" and takes it literally. Where are the shots of the ships with the voiceover?

And the camera wobble and rapid cuts is the exact opposite of what TG/GT do.

CIG is probably safe from Amazon based solely on the fact that it's so much worse than the real thing that there will never be any confusion.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

you've proven that capitalising proper nouns etc does not automatically make posts good and objectively has no loving bearing on anything at all wrt actual post content and is commonly a pathetic quibble from the most tedious pedants who have no talent for insults but are absolutely sure they still need to reply to me with something

Maybe the same guy that bough Derek's reup can buy you a shift key

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

is derek still qqing?

Did he ever stop?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I remember when this thread was about Star Citizen

Current posting pattern is a marked improvement

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I want to visit the alternate reality where Derek is scamming nerds for $150 million and Croberts is a poster on the Something Awful comedy web forum

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wait what

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

apparently the /r/starcitizen_leaks subreddit is run by known SC shill and repeat ban-ee Beet Wagon.

:ughh:

How many :smug: smileys will Derek post when he tries to play this latest bit of stupidity off?

I say 8.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Out of curiosity, how's your refund status?

Sold most of my ships in the summer of 2014, then got a refund for about half of what was left a few months ago. They wanted to keep some money in ships I had had upgraded to LTI, but I made them send them to the person that did the upgrade for me instead, since getting a refund meant losing your account.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That person was me! Conveniently enough the transaction was done in the same email chain that brought us all that insight into the Wonderful World of Sandi.

I wasn't gonna dox you, Steve

oh poo poo

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How dare you, I hope you die.

Thanks, bro

Coming from you, that means a lot

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

This isn't special ed, CIG don't deserve praise just for trying their best.

Recent activity on /r/nomansskythegame would suggest otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

Still Doxxing and/or enabling the autistic man who did? Alright.

It's okay, Derek Smart Internet Warlord has half the thread on ignore.

And if you happened to not be ignored and you quote someone that is, he puts you on ignore.

• Locked thread