Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Hurry up and crush the secondary market, internet warlord Derek Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

They're deep into the receiving end and they don't even know it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Finally, my chance at being hears.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I don't know who that man with the bow tie is, but he just exudes facepunchability.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Romes128 posted:

i dont even understand the point of their web show.

Making me hoot like an ape and punch my monitor.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Dolvak looks like a worse version of TotalBiscuit even allowing for the fact that Totalbiscuit has cancer and looks like poo poo.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That is the worst loss.jpg tribute I have ever seen.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Why would CmdrCruisinTom only partially soundproof his wall? Is it so his parents can't hear him weeping at night?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Firespikez either has makeup on or the complexion of a baby/drunk.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The only context I recall seeing "leavers" in, is games like DOTA and LoL when you're actively ruining the game by leaving.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The percentage of studios who open up their development process to the public without having it blow up in their faces big time has to be extremely small.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

BossTweed posted:

If they cut off all communication their income stream would disappear, so I think it is a double edged sword for them.

They're hosed no matter what. I'm not agreeing with the guy that RSI should do it, but it should certainly be a cautionary tale for other projects run by people who aren't loving retards.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

FrankieGoes posted:

This isn't real. Tell me this isn't real. It can't be real. Oh poo poo, I just threw up on myself. Again.

Seriously though, I saw this when it was first published and it loving made (makes) me sick.

Hosing the next great starship?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Lesnick is going to be the sob story guys, not Sandi. Get the canon correct!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tippis posted:

Maybe his wife will, having lost her man to a con artist who also ruined his (and maybe by proxy her) health and well-being. Lesnick has too long a history of being a toxic bastard to really be worth any sobbing.

He's intensely unlikable but I still pity him more than anything. He's a traumatized grown child attempting to live his dream and it's going to burn down all around him and leave him worse off than he was when he started. Chris, Sandi, and all the real pieces of poo poo will have something squirreled away to at least try and make off with. Lesnick is going to be left holding an empty bag to cry into. I can't bring myself to hate him because I'm so absolutely sure that he's going to end up devastated. His fate is pretty much written in stone at this point.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

squirrelzipper posted:

You know, the thing that really galls me about Sandi's claims to various degrees is how transparent the deception is. For a lark I googled my name, school and the word thesis. Like: squirrelzipper Uni thesis. First result was a direct link to a PDF of my 120 page travesty hosted by my school. Then for kicks I did my wife and some other friends who have master or doctorate degrees. Same outcome. Then I worked through Sandi's possible permutations based on what we know. Nada. It's been said so many times but gently caress, does she think that just claiming a graduate degree, even an MBA, is good enough and no way could anyone verify that?

Unfortunately, corporate culture is both lazy and inept at times, and once you have work experience and references in your field, people often stop checking your academic credentials.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

peter gabriel posted:

Well reddit accepted my application so I am now the new mod of /starcitizen
I hope you'll all join me in support in the coming months and years

Nice.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
X-Wing had some really bad level design that TIE Fighter vastly improved on, among other many things. Other than nostalgia, there's really no reason to go back to play X-Wing when TIE Fighter exists and is better in almost every way.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Star Citizen Kane

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Thoatse posted:

As annoying as Ben is, I think Niko Snow still holds that title.

My favorite part of that saga was when he made fun of The Mittani on twitter and then got PGI shadowbanned from reddit and then made a thread on mwomercs to muster support against the unjust fortress of reddit, only to be systematically given the finger by thousands of Founders in what was later called 'march of the founders'

My sides still hurt.

https://www.themittani.com/content/traffic-control-transreversal

This is funny because of how smug he is at the end about spending money on Star Citizen.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Hey what page is EightAce's new post on?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
As someone who worked at a Starbucks, those type of coffee machines take an hour minimum to break down and clean every night, and not doing so is extremely unhygienic and gross.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Beet Wagon posted:

And require constant fiddling with. We didn't have that exact brand when I worked at Starbucks, but ours broke constantly, needed adjustment constantly, and like you said had to be deep cleaned every goddamn night.

Even with training only about 50% of our staff could use it properly and make excellent drinks. The other half could slop through it and only get minimal complaints. As pretentious as it may sound, making fancy coffee drinks does take a bit of skill and care.

One of the super gross things we had to do with that machine every night was fill a cup with boiling water and dish sanitizer to soak the milk wand in because even after only a day it grows this disgusting, smegma-like "skin" from constant use.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Are people archiving stuff for when RSI eventually goes tits up? There should be an effort to preserve things for a wiki or something similar so people can read it at their own pace after all this is said and done. The RSI forums aren't going to exist forever, and some of that stupid needs to be saved to beat future generations of starry-eyed nerds over the head with when someone inevitably overpromises and tries to run off with their money again.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Palisader posted:

Make sure to read Gorf's effort post as well!

Can you link to it or give a page number? This thread is insanely fast moving.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The chance of any gaming website covering this Ben stuff at the moment, especially Kotaku, is essentially nil because they've got themselves wrapped up in calling what's going on here "doxxing" and wagging their finger at everyone for it. Granted, they've talked out of both sides of their rear end before, but I seriously doubt you'll get any traction with them.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Yeah, but can you put a price tag on fidelity?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Every person who spent more than 1k on this game needs a documentary done about their life. I need to know what these people sacrificed, how much lower their standard of living will now be, what they could possibly put that much money towards instead. I want to watch their broken spirits as they waddle to their poo poo jobs, knowing that they could have spent that money on something much more productive or meaningful. I want follow-ups every year where the interviewer asks them every time how much they could really use that money in their life right now. The interviewer should be there the day the backer's kids graduate college to explain to them that there will be no money because their parent spent it on pictures of spaceships.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Gaffin Brun keeping his readership updated on important info.

Star Citizen: My dong is expanding once again

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hey Stimsis just wondering if this is all in an attempt to get a few good quotes out of us to support CR's idea that this all a GG plot to undo the game.

A big reason nobody followed up on the Escapist article and others shot it down in public is because of GG. It's not surprising that it would get dragged back into the mix.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
This is some sort of search engine tomfoolery at this point.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Is this like that internet thing where everyone wrote about Glenn Beck killing someone only now it's Vox Day?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That was a bit wordy and too resembling a lecture there, Derek. It's nice you tried, though. People should be able to speak out about bad employers.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

D1E posted:

Well I'm pretty sure Reddit is going to say that SA doxxed Sandi by revealing her tickle fetish videos.

I guess today was a good day to poke my head back in and see what's been going down. Keep at it goons, you're doing God's work.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Gonna be real awkward when someone has to tell her. But goddamn if that isn't some legendary internet posting right there.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That was a crazy 1000 posts. Any of you who can't see that it's the same person in those vids is kidding yourself. That's her.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Chairman Wao posted:

One Hundred Twenty Million Dollar Man

Wanna go back in time and shop at that store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

XK posted:

NDAs exist because of trolls. Also, us goons prevent open development. I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

I've seen this before, and I can only imagine it from the outside perspective of someone close to him. Does he live with his parents, and they have to somehow accept their child is doing this? Is he married, and his wife has to come to terms with her husband throwing money at a spaceship game? Even if he lives alone, do his friends come over and be like, "Oh, yeah, man, great...spaceship room. Yeah, for sure, that game sounds amazing."

I really have a lot difficultly when I hear of shitizens' relations with wives. Like the guy who's in for $2,500 and dragged his wife to Citizencon. The fiance who spent half the wedding fund on jpegs. The guy whose wife got him an Aegis shirt and then he watched the Citizencon stream for his birthday. How loving embarrassing. I can only imagine the idle thoughts floating through the minds of their partners. "It's only a game, he's great otherwise." "It's just temporary, he'll get that promotion and forget about it in a year." "He'll snap out of it after our child is born." What on Earth do they say to their friends when they have some alone time for girl talk? Do they even dare to bring it up? It really makes me shudder.

I can't even fathom what Clifford "Miku"'s wife thinks. Unless he's comfortably worth well into the multi-millions, his Star Citizen fixation has easily made a substantial impact on his family's finances.

I just try to imagine myself in their shoes. Do they feel regret? Are they confused? Are they in denial, hoping it's just a passing phase?

I can't be the only one who feels absolutely unbearable discomfort when I imagine what the shitizens' close friends and family feel like.

The world is full of insecure people who will put up with a lot of weirdness for things like security and the comfort of a routine.

• Locked thread