Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

IrvingWashington posted:

2 different scat guns at least!

imgurbot, if you kill this cat you are a terrible person

Reddit does not like cats.

Raskolnikov posted:

My kitten is feeling better! Look at her judging her human:

Also reddit archive this <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Renegret posted:

The existence of a drink mixing minigame isn't what bothers me.

What bothers me is that the drink mixing minigame was implemented before the base game even existed. That just screams bad project management, a needless focus on minutiae while ignoring the big picture.

What makes you think it is implemented any more than any other concept art existing outside of CR's hallucinations?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

D_Smart posted:

Got link? I didn't find it on their channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/broteam/v/27903610
33 minutes in

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Beet Wagon posted:

That was... not flattering.

Unfortunately it was not even funny either. Perhaps having the chat alongside or if he decides to make an edited version.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

D_Smart posted:

This is how I wrote it up last night, following your report

This is a good JIRA issue, short and concise. I would probably not class it as major though, seems like a minor to me.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

kikkelivelho posted:

Star Citizen has currently what, almost a million customers? If we make the assumption that the game will both release and be good, it's not outlandish to also assume that it could sell another million copies. Croberts and friends will only tolerate the whales as long as they are necessary. If the game ever manages to sell at least an additional million copies CIG is going to drop the big backers in an instant. Arma 3 has sold over 2 million copies and it's a far more niche product than the theoretical great game SQ42/SC combination.

I thought most of Arma 3's sales came on the back of the DayZ mod which is not quite as niche as the game it self.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Romes128 posted:

Yes let's put this guy who doesn't work on the game on the show about the game.

Oh wait now I remember why he's on the show. Remember when sandis racism allegations were not completely believable cause we thought nobody would be that crazy at work? Lol

Now I definitely think those racist and pubeist allegations are true.

Even better was putting the facilities manger on camera with her.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
ESET released a bad update, new update should fix it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Has EuroGamer been posted yet?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-15-through-gritted-teeth-star-citizen-developer-gives-player-whopping-usd2500-refund

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

"...by actors like Mark Hammil, Garry Oldman, Gillian Anderson and Sandi Gardener."

One of these does not belong.

That's exactly how far I made it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Dante80 posted:

Update: Cloud Imperium's head of communications David Swofford got in touch to clarify a few points. As various readers have pointed out, the reason for the higher prices is because of VAT laws within the EU:

"Euro laws mandate that VAT is included in the price. If Phil had his monitor turned on to US$ currency, then it will show up just as he depicted in his screen capture (assuming he had UK listed as his country). In the US, you aren’t mandated to include sales tax in the selling price, but you can bet that when you get to check-out, that tax will be added (depending on the state where you are purchasing)."

In response to our comments that gift cards having VAT included on them meant that buyers were paying double VAT if they used the gift card - once for the gift card, then again on the items they purchased with the gift card - David explained CIG's fix:

"The system is engineered explicitly so that you don’t pay double tax. If you apply store credit to an item in your shopping cart, we decrease the base price of the package by that amount.

"If I buy a $100 gift card and my country is in the EU then I will be charged VAT. It is the law that we must display all prices inclusive of VAT.

"If I go back to the storefront and my country is in the EU I will see ships with VAT values displayed (as per the law). If I put a $100 ship in my cart (which is displayed as $120 inclusive of VAT), then go to checkout and apply $100 in store credit from my gift card, then you are done, you don’t owe anything. If you put $50 in store credit then you’d owe $50+$10 in this example, and so forth.

"In short, we don’t double charge VAT. And you’re not going to be taxed on anything but new money."

If anything this just shows CIGs talents at finding the absolute most rear end backwards solution to a solved problem.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 3, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Crazy Achmed posted:

That's the guy, I thought I recognised his name. Wikipedia credits him as director and programmer, if that's accurate then this is a sad turn of events because I liked those games. Why did you throw your lot in with this dumpster fire, Tony, when you could have been kickstarting a new crusader game? :smith:

Apparently he hasn't worked on games since, he's in good company.

It's probably for the best.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Just watching the video. The space combat is worse than NMS.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
And so is the FPS parts.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

ZenMaster posted:

Not as clear as the first one, but yeah, it is very odd (SC is super janky so it is hard to tell what is jank and cuts)

28:05

Probably just jank, but the whole switching of cameras and Chris' "We're just showing that it isn't on rails at all :hurr:" is a little too good.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Isn't the team that creates TES/Fallout games ~100 people?

Todd Howard posted:

while Fallout 3 had around 70 people working on it, Skyrim saw the team increase to roughly 100.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
pgabz has a fan in released good game

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

tooterfish posted:

Is that the new Deus Ex?

Is it any good? It's getting hammered in Steam reviews.

yes

I just checked and it seems to be technical problems. So, wait or be ready to refund if it doesn't work for you I guess.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: what is this? I am intrigued

DE: Mankind Divided.

Cat lady has poster of you in her bedroom.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Tbf, it wouldn't be particularly hard to implement...but just why would you?

Starry eyed citizen posted:

hand-written segments that are procedurally tied together

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Lion "MegaSayin" King checking in

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
29 years to deliver SC is a reasonable expectation.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I stopped reading after the first line.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Sabreseven posted:

What he said is basically the equivilent of someone in the 1980's saying "I'll happily play Cuddly Qbert/Hungry Horace for the next 30 years, regardless of what else comes out".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836974/

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Not King of Kong or Man vs Snake?

:mediocre:

I thought the Tetris one was actually better

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
But I should have linked King of Kong too

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Really? Ive only ever heard good things about the other two and literally nothing about this one. Time to give it a watch then!

To be fair, I hadn't heard about Man vs Snake, so there's one for me to watch! And not taking anything away from King of Kong that is really good too.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Sandi Gardiner ... Dee
Aaron R Landon ... Abel
Conner Floyd ... Bryan

Using which alphabet?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I don't think Duke Nukem Forever was ever put on hold, they scope creeped (or changed engines) themselves to death. Gearbox bought the leftovers and shoved it out the door, mainly just to own the name. This is a possible outcome for whatever this thing is now.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

LCL-Dead posted:

Doesn't Post-Production mean the main product is finished and that all of the final edits are being made prior to release?

Why is she also in Star Citizen? I thought S42 was the "interactive" movie.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

MeLKoR posted:

They are referring to 64-bit positioning, not 64-bit processors.
Multi threading is also a completely separate concept and can be done in 32 bit engines (are you talking about the executable?).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I voted. gently caress Trump.

Your ballots have that option?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I live in Maryland so it's the only one.
I live across the pond and have no idea what that means -

quote:

I'd rather do it to him than have him do it to me.
I'll accept this answer though; meanwhile celebrating I don't have to make that choice.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tippis posted:

Wait. The election or SC?

Yes

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheAgent posted:

I dunno how anyone could guesstimate more october mocap in august, but okay

It's obvious if you're a Man of Many Faces.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Lazrin posted:

And as mentioned, they are developing 2 games simultaneously... trying to unify systems, features, tech, and assets between them. two moving targets. that's a lot of logistical overhead *no* other studios have ever faced. as a new studio without any established pipelines.

38 Studios. Yea, they failed too.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Lazrin posted:

@the titanic - take a look at the responses - this is how i know they don't have anything to say when faced with facts, or won't acknowledge when i highlight potential problems. they just make noises

is there anything wrong with that, actually? if those years get them to the finish line?
Facts:
38 Studios

Kingdoms of Amalur ~ Squadron 42
Project Copernicus ~ Star Citizen

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no. KoA actually came out and was playable (and actually fun for the most part). It also had amazingly good graphics given it's high potato compatibility.
Squadron 42 might come out and be "playable" as in you get to walk between in game cut scenes.

Also worth highlighting Lazrin doesn't want to respond when you shut down his "facts".

Lazrin posted:

And as mentioned, they are developing 2 games simultaneously... trying to unify systems, features, tech, and assets between them. two moving targets. that's a lot of logistical overhead *no* other studios have ever faced. as a new studio without any established pipelines.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Samizdata posted:

You saw I dropped an F-bomb, right? You know, "fun"?

I know this is more than a couple of hours ago, but I don't think anyone who has paid attention to the feature list are expecting fun out of either of these "games".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Chalks posted:

Remember when people were saying that Brexit was the dumbest decision anyone had ever made?

Haha. Good times.

But they should have already known about SC?!

• Locked thread