Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

A friend of mine just got this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Some helpful food chat for the winter: Adding a few dashes of orange bitters to your hot chocolate is pretty good.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Derek Smart Is.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Witness this poster, Lowtax.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The only thing Ben is developing is diabetes.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly? Probably not. They probably provide average to good health insurance. In America, job benefits can be a huge draw to potential employees (I've turned down great jobs that had poo poo insurance before) and typically don't cost the company a whole lot. Some of the more average ones are free to the company, even.

The problem is that his daughter sustained some pretty serious injuries. Although both the broken back and the broken arm would be covered by health insurance, the patient (or patient's family, in this case) is likely going to be responsible for 30% or more of the cost of treatment, plus doctor co-pays, plus any additional tests or treatment that might not be covered for whatever reason (for example, some insurance companies will cover the cost to repair a broken arm, but not the extra fee the surgeon charges for doing the procedure). Surgical treatment of a broken arm, which is likely what she would need if she broke both the radius and ulna can cost well in excess of $2500, and treatment of a broken back can cost as much as $150,000. So even being on the hook for only 30% of that, a patient can walk away with medical bills totalling about half of what an average US citizen makes in a year.

And lord knows how much physical therapy would cost. The US healthcare system is a mess.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Assuming this guy isn't just bullshitting, can Derek dox THIS guy to stop some elder abuse?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Hollly shiiiiiiit

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I see Romeo Rose.

Honestly, firing Ben and hiring Romeo Rose to be the new face of CIG might be a lateral move. Or maybe even a step up. I mean, he's already in Austin.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Remember when Croberts made all of the claims about how smart the AI would be? How it wouldn't be crude like modern videogame AIs but instead be an entity capable of higher thought and make self aware decisions in the full immersion world that is Star Citizen?

Remember how instead of thinking "hmm, maybe this guy is full of poo poo like everyone else who has ever said that" the Star Citizen poster said "Star Citizen is going to have the first 'true' AI? COOL!"

LOL

Is it true that Chris Roberts is buying out That Which Sleeps to take advantage of Josh's complex and advanced fully deterministic AI for Star Citizen?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

thatguy posted:

When you've wasted thousands of dollars and can't get a refund.
http://i.imgur.com/ihNMovB.mp4

Floating in a most peculiar way, commando.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

They won't kill armies by their lonesome, but a solo King Tiger equipped with a 88mm gun, machinegun, and 185mm frontal armor (all poorly machined) can take down 8 enemy armored oponents before going down. All in one hit each. Sun Tzu's Art of War has some vague, but interesting things to say with regards to this. It's a pretty short read, I highly recommend it.

I am currently happily developing a game on the large MMORPG roadmap
(over 100 systems) that comes with the territory, and I may have found my
first nearly unbeatable crowd funding strategy.

Play the Giant Whales demographic early on. For your pretend dev choose
Chris Roberts and keep him from jail. Then give his wife a job to fuel
growth. For customer relations pick a 400lb pound super fan and then
you should be out of build points.

The wife pick is the best saleswoman since she was a little girl and will
find all the gem sits and the relations pick allows you to forge proof
of development to hide the inherent weakness to scrutiny. Taking picks of 400lbs
instead of 2 or 3 lets you pin all the problems on someone who will die soon.

I then do absolutely nothing for the first 10-20 months of development and save up
until I have at least 100 million on hand. Then I queue up 20 bespoke couches and
1 20K coffeemaker. I then build three more automatic doors over the
next few months while my shell companies are being built and I end up with an
army of blindly devoted crowdfunders loyal because of sunk cost fallacy.
The spergs themselves are also rabid, so my entire army of funders will shout down
any naysayers.

Give your funders enough to string them along and you should get
all of your funders commenting on 95% of your critic's threads.
Have them tacitly on attack orders and be set up to jump down the
throat of any critical cancer patient streamers.

Informed backers are susceptible to fear tactics and other Smart-affect posts, so better to spread
misinformation. Also informed backers only see about 1/3rd of their money reach your pocket while
the ends up with extant space games. With this plan if you give them two concept sales and lie
about release dates, you should see most of your backers money in the project.. This maximizes your
cash flow and spreads the squeezing across as many backers as possible.

Once in a blue moon one or two will fall to Derek Smart and you'll take a
loss. But in my current simulation with goons set to level 9 (the max), I've
only lost 3 whales and 1 artistic lead while capturing in excess of 40 million
crowdfunding dollars.

These tactics are almost unstoppable, I've seen them soak regular backers
for more then 115 million dollars without taking a single criminal charge.
The above tactic can output 1 jpg a month and once you have 2 or 3 concept
sales going you can dominate the space game corner of the genre.

By not doing anything for the first 10-15 months of development, it seems to
make the backers less aggressive towards you. I've gone without being
attacked by the media for almost 50 months. But once I started to close in, the leader
(Derek Smart) I was then attacked (He declared War but not every news outlet
jumped in) by about 1/3rd of the video game media. But by then I had
100 million in shell companies and swedish mafia banks and was well on my
way to Italy.

I'm not saying this is the best crowd funding strategy it's just a very winning
strategy with this particular demographic. I tried a John Romero
kickstarted, but ended up losing quite a few whales (not enough jpegs to
be a winning strategy). There is a big difference between 6 million raised
and 115 million.

I'm sure I'll experiment with lots of other crow funding strategies in the future,
but this is my first at bat strategy and it's been very fun to run. Elite Dangerous has
two versions on me still, but I feel confident I'll be able to
hold my own whenever I people try to compare us.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 4, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

No I am Frasier

Did you ever figure out what to do with that tossed salad and scrambled eggs?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Sun Tzu has some vague but interesting things to say about this

Mercy...

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The Kins posted:

In this brave new world of people pledging their allegience to megacorps, I can finally be honest with myself and publicly admit - yes, I'm a dog shaman.

Null sweat, chummer.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AP posted:

Anyone know what the thing on the monitor is in the middle? Not the thing on the monitor on the right that we'll see at Gamecom.

That is Dominions 4. A game that is real and exists.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

SurfaceDetail posted:

So is the game industry really that different where you can have videogames on huge rear end screen/monitors constantly that you know the CEO/higher ups will see? Can they call it field research? I feel like there are always other games in like half these pics.

It's something of a dire portent.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

This horrifying funding tactic creates the development vortex. A churning pool of online shows and blogs that showcase horrible yet terribly alluring development pipelines. The song of the vortex is heard by all gamers in the world, whispering sweet melodies of immersion and fidelity, beckoning all people to come bask in its 64 bit presence. Its song is especially strongly felt by virgins, summoning them to the online store. The gamers that enter the free fly weekend stare dumbfounded at the clipping and t-posing in the vortex, or throw their money heedlessly into development. Sandi then collects suitable victims to use in other funding projects. Eventually, when no whales are left in the world to view the vortex, funding dries out and dies. Gamers with strong family ties will be less affected by the beckoning and those with no friends or family will be more drawn to the vortex.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

This mighty project is a blessing to gamers across the world. Spergs, grognards, perverts and cultists are all drained from the communities of other games. All these toxic gamers are siphoned from these communities and concentrated in Star Citizen, effectively giving Chris Roberts a huge income from a toxic community of whales. Player satisfaction is slightly increased in all other space games in the world.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

RuckusRouser posted:

Want you to know that these RPG spells are giving me many laughs. Need some names though

Sandi will appear in the dreams of some unfortunate goons wherever they try to sleep. Sandi, through various threats, will try to persuade her victims to sell their houses to buy jpgs and join in the character assassination of their own commander, Derek Smart. The strength of the threats depends on the strength of Chris Roberts' vision, but basic logic is always required to defy Sandi. Sandi is totally powerless if they are unable to persuade any goons, which may well happen should Derek Smart be more feared than they are.

(It is Dominions 4. A real game that actually exists and you can play.)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Regardless: CIG is moving ahead with SQ42 and simultaneous PU development and with each day that passes, your obvious jealousy and disdain grows larger. Give it up Derek. You are not the Internet Warlord of the Usenet days you once were. CIG is the Sun and you are eager Icarus.

Derek Smart isn't Icarus, but a zotz from Xibalba. He will steal your sun and bring it down into his cave where it will continuously generate him fire and astral gems.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LGD posted:

Hitler gave us stylistically distinctive enemies no one needs to feel bad about murderering en masse, so I'd say he did more for PC gaming than crobbers

:sbahj:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Casts 'Enlarge (B)log'.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

TheAgent posted:

[*]no one loving understood the vanduul are like 3 feet higher than the player, so interior set pieces featuring vanduul enemies had to be scrapped and started over
[*]^ lol, just read that. I can't even loving believe that

Haha what.

This is daikatana all over again

Like when Romero was like ‘ha ha no the villain’s name (Kage) is pronounced Ka-gay.’ ‘but we already did all the VA work with it pronounced Cage’

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:sbahj:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Imagine making a dumb fake videogame your hobby/life and getting mad irl that gay nerds on the internet are making fun of it just lol

Dominions 4 is a terrible game for babies.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Chris demands his employees be professional and submissive, unlike his wife who was only amateur.

3.0 is delayed because our head programmer got his hands duct-taped to a wall.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Really 5500 pages of this garbage?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

5500 pages Jesus Christ.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

B-benchu? :ohdear:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc
May 4, 2008

'we are not getting paid we are not getting paid' i said as i shrunk down into the imperial news network news network

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Should have paid up for the month, Derek.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

But Lethality doxxed themselves Derek was only replying.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

“To post someone's fake Facebook page deliberately is very wrong,” said Factsareuseless. “I would rather betray the internet than let the internet betray my Goons.” was Derek Smart’s reply. Factsareuseless could say nothing, but banned him anyway.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

((Don't ban me for doxxing jfc, he posts pictures of her in here all the time and she's adorable))

:commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decrepus posted:

We banned the only black mod on this subforum and are replacing him with white men. Is SA no better than USA CIG?

Trump's America.

• Locked thread