Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I know everyone else realises this but nothing about this project makes sense. In particular, s42. I just don't get it - you're making a massive, persistent online space exploration sim thingy which is loads of nerds wet dream, and then for some reason you decide to make a fps with loads of cinematics? And you release it first?

'Hey guys I'm going to open the most amazing restaurant you've ever been to. Order whatever you want, it will be prepared by the finest chefs in the land!'

El dingo that sounds amazing, here is our money, go forth and make amazing food!

'Thanks, backers! I have decided to open a home improvement depot'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

darkarchon posted:

gently caress this poo poo, the guy is completely uninformative and brings nothing of value to the table.

But he does bring valuable tables.

Heyoooooooooooooooooooooo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Have they at least managed location persistence? Like if I hopped into my sperg chariot and flew 300m away from the station, logged out and no evil goonies blew me up while logged out, would I still be in the same spot upon login or do I end up back in the wank pod or whatever it is

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm at work waiting for something to happen, reading my phone and letting out a giggle occasionally. Workmates ask what I'm reading and all I can say is 'some dumb internet poo poo'.

How the gently caress do you explain this? Where do you start? I feel i could get as far as 'people have paid 15,000 for a game that isn't released yet' before they think I'm bullshitting them.

I think I feel grief. Its like I've heard the best joke in the world but can't tell anyone.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The fact that people feel the need to read and fully digest a game's TOS as opposed to scrolling to the bottom and clicking without a second thought should be a pretty big red flag imo.

When have any of you actually read one of those things? I certainly didn't even when I played WoW, and I was giving them money monthly in addition to the inital cost plus expansions.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I think I found one of beet's stimperial projects at work today:

Also, here is a recipe for chilli burgers. Been to too many bbqs where people have gotten lazy and bought them from the supermarket, which is just mince, salt and pepper. They're really easy and will impress your guests. It's also pretty adaptable - play around with the spices, use soy instead of Worcester sauce and throw in some coriander for a more Asian inspired taste.

CHILLI BURGERS:
500g/1lb lean beef mince
One large onion, finely chopped
However many diced chillis you can handle. Chilli flakes are acceptable if you don't have chillis to hand.
Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Worcester sauce
One egg (two if the mixture is dry or not binding)
Handful of fine breadcrumbs (optional)
Salt n pepper

Mix the onion and mince together in a large bowl. Add the spices, salt n pepper and sauce. Crack in the egg and mix well. Add breadcrumbs if you want - if this dries the mixture, add another egg. If it's too wet, add breadcrumbs. Mix well with a fork, or your hands if you are manly.

Grab a large, clean chopping board, or squares of tin foil. Next, wet your hands with warm (not hot) water and shake them a bit. Grab a handful of meat and shape into a ball. Roll it around in your hands to make sure it sticks together. Throw it onto the chopping board so it flattens somewhat, then pat it down into the desired burgery-shape.

Heat your pan/grill/whatever, nice and hot. Cook for a few minutes each side, lower the temperature once they're browned. Mince does not equal steak - cook it through. You can add cheese to melt once you've flipped it once if you like.

You know how to do the rest, construct your burger!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Eggs and breadcrumbs in a burger :yikes:

It's mixed in, you won't notice. It binds the mince so it doesn't fall apart while cooking.

If it does freak you out, a chef once told me using two different minced cuts will help it bind. I cook on a low budget so I've never tried this, I don't have 4k in disposable income unfortunately.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Samizdata posted:

Waaaaait. Are you Meatloaf Princess?

Which one is she again? I really don't wanna google 'Meatloaf Princess'

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

peter gabriel posted:

I oft elect to reply without reading the thread :shepface:

:justpost:

Man sometimes I hit reply only to find 2 pages have been posted in the interim, phone posting is hard.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

peter gabriel posted:

Sometimes I play Star Citizen for 30 mins and at the end I think "wtf am I even doing" but then I load the footage into Movie Maker and then I oft elect to giggle and praise Roberts for the many gifts he bestows upon me

I still dunno how you do that. Earlier today, I watched someone try to play Star Citizen in earnest and holy gently caress it was painful viewing.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
It appears I have caused deep rifts in the Star Citizen thread with my radical ideas on burgers.

See MOMA? This is how you detract and deflect! I'm leading the way in shillery

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Maw posted:

https://youtu.be/C8TcOfn5UVQ urggggh

:smith:

e: bolded, he's chosen the right game if he doesn't want to press use and have things work.

When I play a shooter, before the round starts I want to disassemble my gun and clean every part, then put it back together. I then want to lay all my bullets in front of me and load them one by one in a clip. Sharpen my knife. Ensure my uniform meets presentation standards - ironing before putting it on if necessary. Wait, poo poo - I forgot to fill my iron with water. Is the water ionised for optimum ironing? Yes. Ok - breathe, we're fine. Now I need to set my iron to the correct temperature. I don't wanna just hit 'use', I want to press the temperature setting enough times to set it to max and then press the iron directly into my own scrotum to prevent myself from ever procreating.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

alf_pogs posted:

hahahaha guys that poo poo is neeeeever coming out

I think both SC and S42 will come out eventually. Well, that depends on what you mean by coming out I suppose. S42 will release, be poo poo, and flop terribly for obvious reasons. Additional chapters will not come out.

SC is something I expect to be shuffled out the door embarrassingly and with minimum fanfare. CIG knows it's poo poo, will always be poo poo, but are obligated to have something out there to stop whatever disastrous consequences can come for not releasing. There will come a point where to put it off any longer will be more negative than positive, just hopefully with as little media coverage as possible.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

LOL at the part where someone else warps in, crashes into his ship, causing it to hit his friend and gain wanted level.

Griefing is in already?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

ZenMaster posted:

NMS developers must see the photo of the L.A. CIG space door and just laugh to themselves as their product goes to market. x3

Is there something I'm missing here or are you doing a wizard of oz joke or something

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Making it Rain posted:

Making any interesting meals today toast ?

I dunno bout toast but today I purchased a griddle pan and set set off the fire alarm, that was an interesting meal

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Please don't be too mean to Lazrin, he's my favourite (way more entertaining than moma) and I don't want him to go away

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Erenthal posted:

Effort, but here is a response to the LEVEL article on their commentary section, as a previously in this thread quouted swedish cultist weighs in: (my rough translation)

What? Derek doesn't ban people on this forum. Christ, the only person to eat a probie was one of our own.

I'm old so I don't use twitter but how do you 'ban' someone from it? Or do they just mean block, in which case who cares who you have on ignore

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lime Tonics posted:

The most dangerous game, T-Human.

Whoa, that is some lethal FPS action. More lethal than CoD even.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

D1E posted:

This game has by far the worst community in the history of gaming.

I don't think anyone has wished for MoMA or lazrin to overdose on heroin and die yet.

I mean, I have called them idiots, but I stand by that assessment as demonstrable fact.

Well to be fair we have someone who quotes every moma post and reminds him they're happy his family is dead, and another poster who used their virgin post to tell both moma and lazrin to choke themselves.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wow, check a look at that hot pvp action. Seriously, look at it, that's probably the most exciting part of the last 30 minutes of streaming.

My favourite part isn't the t-pose, it's that the bullets are nowhere near the streamer and he still goes down

Ah gently caress catte tax and I'm on my phone uhhhh

el dingo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 13, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

AP posted:

long-awaited

Oh for gently caress's sake - I'm gonna a hazard a guess and say the faux-asian poo poo is because Firefly did it?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lazrin posted:

bring me a reason not to troll...

this place is the very definition of an echo chamber - you are only hearing yourselves, and its getting louder and louder, drowning out any possibility you have of actually hearing another perspective.

We have other perspectives posted every day here champ! RSI, reddit, INN, now we also get perspective from gaming media. It just so happens it's a hilariously retarded perspective.

As for why you shouldn't troll - nope, I got nothing. Keep doing what you're doing!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Loxbourne posted:

Because EightAce is a big name. It's been obvious from his first posts; Lazrin desperately, desperately wants to get access to the super-secret ultra-classified hidden Goon Platinum Forums(TM) so he think himself part of the in-crowd. That's why he keeps demanding "sources" and ignoring the ones given to him. He wants super-secret hidden Derek Smart spy data. He insults people repeatedly and demands they give him access to what he thinks is a hidden subforum or discord channel or Icy Throne of Smart.

He genuinely seems to think if he keeps posting we'll have to give in to him and let him see the Holy Sanctuary of Leaks that he's convinced must exist.

And to cap it all off, the little poo poo thinks if he gets that then either he's accepted as an official Goon OR he can triumphantly present his friends on Reddit with "The Goons' Most Hidden Secrets" - i.e. the names of traitorous CIG employees they can harass and "punish". Probably both.

Um no he's just a troll/tophat

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Reposted for more love, there's some loving choice quotes in there. Disposable income, software development, sticking it to big publishers, most open development ever etc

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lladre posted:

I haven't bothered reading that thread because I only have so many hours in a day to read the forums. The only thing I expect out of that game is to fly around and shoot poo poo. If it has that in it in a manner that is fun to play then what the hell else do you need.

I followed the NMS thread for a while before dropping the bookmark when news got scarce/repetitive and poo poo got weird. It started off with spore jokes, every now and then someone would wander in with the attitude 'looks like fun to smoke a bowl and name every planet goatse while murdering six legged cats'. If you actually listened to Sean Murray you'd see this was the correct attitude and pretty much all he was saying. If you instead chose to listen to what he didn't say and walk down the path of _DREAMS_ you set yourself up for disappointment. In the end the thread just filled up with those who walked the dream path and those arguing with them for some retarded reason.

A cautionary tale and one CIG has taught me we're seemingly doomed to repeat forever.

I'll probably pick it up in a few months - it does look fun but god drat I still have to finish Divinity Original Sin, a shining example of a kickstarter game done right. Also one I paid for after it was completed :colbert:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What the gently caress is S42 supposed to even be anyway? Dogfights, fps, a linear FMV story and procedural planets with side missions on them? Plus it ties into SC or something?

Oh and Gary Parpman in there somewhere, I guess

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Frog Assassin posted:

You're one of my favorite posters in this thread.

He's like clockwork, as sure and reliable as a CIG fuckup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I just saw an ad for a hot new cheese on the UK market:

For realsies.

Oh gently caress I made fun of Sandi on the internet can someone recommend a good space lawyer? tia

• Locked thread