Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Derek. Honest question.

When you walk into your lawyer's offices and say "I've been on the internet recently", do their mouths extend past their face in a shark like grin, or do they shake their head and ask you whose father they need to talk to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vire posted:

It's kinda amazing in all these gifs that are getting posted the game somehow runs worst and buggier than stock crysis. How does that happen? I don't know a lot about coding do they have to rip out working systems to make it a space ship game?
You buy an icecream van to convert into a taco truck. It comes with a freezer to keep things cool, but you also need to heat things up so you install a microwave.

Chris Roberts decides he needs hotdogs, so now you also need a steamer. Then he decides your tacos need to be fresh so you also need a deep fryer, and you need a stove to do the mince as you can no longer do pre-prep at the beginning of the day.

Now it's very difficult to move around in your icecream taco hotdog truck and you forgot to install a fridge so all your ingredients have to be defrosted and taste like poo poo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

LGD posted:

I like this metaphor but what the gently caress kind of taco truck are you going to that they'd use a microwave for anything?!?! please seek out better taco options tia
There's no other options because I'm already four figures deep in Taco Citizen.

Have you even seen their proposed menu??

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

This thread has become unreadable to me.

It is amazing. Each new Star Citizen thread progressively degenerates into more and more intense insanity.
poo poo Postin' Zen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

I like how you put all these on a host in loving New Zealand so it takes 8 years to load.
Welcome to the experience of browsing the internet from New Zealand.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

if someone from reddit buys me an avatar and pms me their reddit account I will give them reddit gold in return.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

How do I get a read job so that I can have some disposable income. Explain like I'm a literal child.

Put it back in your pants, reddit, I am not literally a child.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting Derek Smart the only way they know how - by throwing money at something.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Shrinkage posted:

wow, you guys care a lot about games huh
lol if you don't

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The Saddest Robot posted:

I was listening to the radio in my automobile device and they said processed meat can lead to cancer. They specifically listed hot dogs and bacon, but didn't talk about burgs/ground beef.

Does an intake of burgs lead to an increased risk of cancer?

I must know. Help me citizens.
This is like worrying if breathing causes cancer.

Even if it did you couldn't live without it anyway.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hi guys did I miss anything while I was :siren:working out:siren:?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

I want to know who you are Chairman.
jfc clear your notifications.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

AP posted:

Thank you, the part I'm most looking forward to in the PU, the fabulous clothing options.
The preferred term in the verse is "fabulous vestments" thank you, citizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Jst0rm posted:

I made it to the end of the thread. I just thought you would all want to know that.
Sorry the thread is still in pre-alpha, so you haven't quite seen it all. You should come back in two weeks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Also, the Line Of Defense Tactics game which takes it's underlying story line from one of the comics, just passed final XBox One certification and goes on sale in early December. You bastards better buy it. I have to keep paying for avatars here goddamnit!!
If you want this thread to pay attention to your game then you're going to need a kickstarter campaign and a release date in 2018 2020 2025.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Klyith posted:

Plausible theories:
a) imgur's deletion system has some sort of algorithm that compares reports to views and probably upvotes, so N delete votes won't kill every image.

b) It's not a 100% automated system.

c) It actually stopped a while ago once the news got to the top of r/starcitizen, and the last few deletions are still propagating through imgur's cache system. That would explain why some old stuff is still getting hit but new images on the last 10 pages seem safe.

If The Wuldge shows up later with "inside info" that it was all Derek Smart's doing, we'll know it was (c).
I think my favourite part is that reddit is convinced it's all a Derek Smart Joint simply because the OP has an image of him saying he's coming for their jpeg spaceships and they don't understand that "jpeg" is being used in this thread as a derogatory term for imaginary spaceships in the imaginary game Shart Citizen, rather than literally their uploaded images.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Io_ posted:

Amiga Power is and always will be the best gaming journalism to have existed, they really just did not give a gently caress.
Immortalised by the petty revenges of Team 17, they were goons before our time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That's me in the wheelchair

losing my anonymity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

holy poo poo its pretty fitting that every time derek wants to gently caress with some rando redditor theres a legit handicap they have and people ask him to stop

im seeing a pattern here
If they weren't legitimately handicapped then they wouldn't be Star Citizens in the first place now, would they?

Speaking of handicaps: every single goon in this thread that is quoting Derek Smart and saying "don't dox him bro" but not editing his post to omit the details. gbtr

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I hope Derek takes this kid to court because his defense wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

for when you gaze long into the abyss

the abyss emails you its dick pic

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

*photoshops the words "derek smart" onto the plane hitting the world trade center, and the words "STAR CITIZEN" onto the towers themselves*

Wait till the star shitizen goons get a load of this!
This jpeg is more real than Star Citizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

wait the towers are the mushrooms from the ET photoshop and the plane is a pair of "deal with it" shades.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

You literally have a Derek Smart avatar. You're a cheerleader for an incredibly stupid obsessive who doxes wheelchair bound vid game fans because he has nothing better to do. You probably spend several hours a week in this lovely thread.

I don't even need to add anything more to this post because it's already clear that your unimaginably pathetic life isn't worth living.
same

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

It's incredible how easy it is to reduce the big hard internet men of Star Citizen crew into puddles of tears when you suggest that maybe stalking a wheelchair bound cripple isn't a cool and badass thing to do. Perhaps the tightneing you feel in your chest when confronted with your own shortcomings should be harnessed for personal growth, rather than going into a panic and posting the loving get out frog 12 times in a row.

pretty sure it's actually from this sweet fukken burg

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Paladinus posted:

The c-word is not a nice word to use when talking about physically handicapped. It's highly disrespectful, actually.
Oh yeah but regional differences it's not a swear word here, sensitive americans, oval office spaz.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

TubeStank posted:

hm

that's not a burg imo

it's not made from beef unless that's some hosed up beef
it's pork, hence the heart issues.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The trick to winning a fight with someone retarded is provoking them into posting a formal response letter to your slanderous allegations that's signed by their hotdog name CFO.

Strategic Tea posted:

Anita Sar-whatever-her-name-is
Sarkeesian. hth

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I have the resources to drop considerably more than that on a videogame and pizza for Lesnick the Hutt.

Here's the thing.

My life isn't pathetic enough that I want to.

Fux "SpeedGhost" Serf.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Darmok, that's him in the wheelchair.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

joats posted:

It's not like if anything "did happen" that star citizens would blame Something Awful. A comedy forum.
Yeah but Required Parachute's point is that it's so badly cobbled together that it's not a case of if anything did happen it's a case of how soon until it happens - which is a terrible, incomprehensibly large, loving risk when you're with a host that will literally just debit the massive fees people can run up by compromising your cloud site and churning up on-demand resources.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I dream of a future where every environment is designed with the aesthetic and lighting of a WW2 submarine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

janssendalt posted:

Some people here spend more time and energy every week on criticizing the people who have put money into the project than the average pledger has put into making the money to pledge for the game

:downsbravo:
We're not criticising the people who have put money into the project.

We're amusing ourselves at their expense.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

thatguy posted:

I'm the person who is going to quote that and then type "same" in an attempt at humor.

same

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:gary:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Necatus posted:

Hold on a second, here's a closer look.

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

:gary:
93 million parps.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That's him in the space cart.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Wyld posted:

Mmmhm, the best MtnDew - except whiskey.

Passionfruit Frenzy is better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WebDog posted:

Molyneux is a classic example.
His first game Entrepreneur was him putting his know-how as a failed software businessman into a game and that failing so hard that it only sold two copies.
After forming Bullfrog his big hit Populus was a happy accident.
Please tell the more correct and funnier version of that story, wherein he gave up on game design after his first game Entrepreneur failed so hard that it only sold two copies, then set up a company exporting baked beans to the Middle East - only returning after becoming a successful software businessman following Commodore mistaking his baked bean company for a software databasing one of vaguely similar name and asking him to code a database system for the Amiga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

*you're

• Locked thread