Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

joats posted:

The FPS module in progress.

Intense Gameplay!

Realistic Weapon Handling!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

WHAT WERE THESE GIFS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The Official Forums gettin' mad at their ships getting stolen from underneath their noses is a good indicator of how muddled the entire game design is. I'm the guy who rents private servers with my buddies for games like ark because I like building up bases and fighting things with my friends, and I don't like the idea of people who want to do nothing other than blow up people's stuff blowing up my stuff. Not that I have some sort of moral grudge against that playstyle, it's more that I prefer long-term co-operative experiences. Because I'm a functioning human being who's capable of understanding past experiences, I realized that in a game where ships can be stolen and rammed people will be stealing and ramming ships. In fact, the idea of stowing away and dealing with boarders is maybe the only thing that puts star citizen in a unique place anymore in space games.

However, people who have paid hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars are upset and confused as to why a game basically god drat designed to have people smashing into each other and stealing everyone else's stuff has those elements. I don't know how, other than being hooked into a marketing machine that has told them about living out their immersive space life in a an immersive space universe, that these dudes foresaw Star Citizen's player interactions as anything other than Day-Z with spaceships.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

fuctifino posted:

We normally only get to see him behind a desk and sat down.

Doesn't he have any friends? Can't anyone tell him that he really needs to cut back? That's not right.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

In ARK there is a button that will cause your avatar to take a poo poo if it's been long enough since your last poo poo. You can even eat your own poo poo to commit suicide.

I think for immersion Star Citizen should also have a poo poo button.

If you don't poo poo for long enough you'll just poo poo no matter what you're doing.

Star Citizen should add this feature.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Or you could just print it yourself:

Wait we spent like 20 pages making fun of this thing, and they're selling it?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Wafflz posted:

Illfonic probably told chris that using the 3rd person animations in first person is a terrible idea and makes for a janky loving game (see anything by Bohemia) and he spent 8 hours writing them a letter about why 1st person animations, gamergate and the 1919 white sox were conspiring to cost 300 people their jobs.

I fuckin' love arma. I love everything about arma and would goddamn buy arma in space.

Roberts trying to make his cryengine space game have arma-style FPS poo poo in small space stations is incredibly stupid on every level.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

I would avoid arma-in-space like the god damned plague.

*walks in a straight line* Suit AI : "Well commander, your slow walking seems to have caused your air tank to rupture. You have 14 seconds of air. Also, you walked, which broke your loving retarded ankle. Enjoy your 10 seconds of air as you hobble towards the door which is 7 seconds away but has a 17 second long animation to allow you in but doesnt stop your air timer from ticking down.. ... You made it INSIDE?! with 1 health? EXPLOSIVE loving AIR BURST for no loving reason inside your helmet. You take 1 damage. Thank you for being dead. Finally."

Nah, it wouldn't bother telling you anything of what was going on.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Like 200 pages ago I gave up and just hit last post.

There were still 75 posts left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Does anyone actually play Star Citizen aside from Peter Gabriel?

Like, in total?

• Locked thread