Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D1E posted:

Jesus Derek, this is a crazypants post.

Are you seriously letting MoMA get under your skin about a goddamn microphone? I'm offering you genuine advice here: you're coming across like Trump at the first debate.

Don't listen to that guy Derek, you're doing Gods work. Never back down, never surrender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Finally caught up again, I hate it when real life keeps me from keeping up with my favourite trainwreck.

Glad you're ok Beet (and you Derek and hopefully all the other Florida goons), any news on where that palm tree came from?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

We need a bigger :psyduck:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Anyone else besides me pledging back in?

You really think they gonna let you in again? Death is too good for you, filthy leaver.

No takebacksies

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Are you telling me I've been backlisted into the game of century? :negative:

What? No! I just said you're blacklisted from Star Citizen

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually the GameStar article is still pretty optimistic. The say that the hype is CIGs (and Chris') fault, that the alpha is unstable as gently caress, but also that the shown demo was very impressive and that while Chris' honest and true fascination and expectations for the project are to blame for unnessecary hype, they are necessary for a crowdfunding project of this scope. The author also said that waiting is no problem and all complains are basically first world problems because SC is so grand anyway (which begs the age-old question of "How much are you in for commando?")

Yeah, I wish I was making that last part up too.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

orcinus posted:

Spoiler: he found Star Citizen by googling "cig" and thought CIG makes e-cigs.

Eh, its about as close as them making games

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thom12255 posted:

The FPS looks utter crap still. I cringe everytime they show it.

This is going to be Freelancer again. Somebody will buy out CiG and tell Chris to go away and what little of the game that works will be released within a year of the buyout.

That only worked because MS had already invested in Freelancer. Nobody is going to buy this shitshow and its mountain of engineering debt

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

The liberal gaming media is biased against Trump CIG because they hate America open game development!

They also create Hurricanes to further their diabolical goals. Prolly did 9/11 too.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

✔ Washed up game developer
✔ Has massive ego
✔ Made countless mediocre scifi games
✔ Currently working on another terrible scifi game
✔ Never delivers on promises

You forgot to mention Wing Commander: The Movie.

Its ok though, we'd all like to forget about it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm looking forward to Wing Commander: The Movie: The Game: The Movie though.

Coming to theatres PCs PCs and Consoles near you in 2016 2017 2018. maybe

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D1E posted:

OK everyone who plans to buy Derek's Star Citizen book please raise your hand!

Maybe he can start a kickstarter? I would be down to buying a few thousand worth of book.jpgs

Marching Powder posted:

I like Derek because he makes retarded citizens and retarded goons angry.

Wait, you like him and he makes you angry? Thats not a healthy basis for a relationship mate :sever:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is the weakest loving burn itt and you should feel bad about that

Its ok, I had some unexpectedly good posts lately, I can let it slip once in a while

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

notoriousman posted:

He was like that when I got here.

And he will be like that long after we're all dead and buried.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How much does poo poo like that cost? :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is it time?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Quavers posted:

/r/StarCitizen "Help me reason with a skeptical friend on SC":
Hello
My mate argument is that the Leir demo was a waste of time, that was constructed and staged only for the purpose of the show, that does not represent true gameplay we will found in SC and that we would be able to play ourselves.
He goes as far as to say this stuff is akin to NMS constructed demos with all the dinosaurs and beautiful stuff.
I responded this is first and foremost them showing progress and putting multiple systems together, that it could represent an example mission and that the gameplay we saw will be what we will be able to experience as players.
If you know more than me please chime in with some counter argument. By the way, was the Homestead scenario in lore at all?

"This isn't real"
-"But it could be!"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yay I finally made it on one of the big pages. I'm moving up in the world :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Slow_Moe posted:

Chris and Sandis relationship was revealed ages ago. Try to keep up :rolleyes:

Its about a dev, so Ben and Chris are out

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

In a shocking twist David Swofford is about as good at his job as every other CIG executive

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

I would die of shame after one of these "shows."

One of these guys wears nothing but bow ties. I don't think self-awareness is their strong suit.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

What a charming bunch.

females females girls.

They do have a point though! A good starting point for a MMORPG would be to have a (singular) playable female character model in the game. Of course, they can't have that because Chris Roberts needs his mocrap and will stop at nothing to unify the entire game for maximum realness!

Early days.
ALSO

I still dont get whats so loving hard about making a bloody female character model.

Or a loving patcher. Or a semi-working stand-alone fps in cryengine.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Evocati are still playing the 2.5 tweak that changes flight mechanics.

If CIG thinks they need to get out 2.6 this tweak will be the new 2.6 so fast you wont have time to blink. Star Marine sadly delayed for a bit because someones dog fell down a ladder. Buy this new Spergomobile meanwhile, only 450$

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anyone remember when some developer breaking his wrist delayed an important patch for some weeks? In a 350 people company?

I still can't decide whats worse - That they thought anybody would buy that excuse or that CIG is incompetent enough for that to actually happen

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

2.6 delayed because one programmer's wrist was broken when he fell off a bike.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

300+ EMPLOYEES!

:buddy:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

300+ EMPLOYEES!

The best thing about that quote is how there are still no actual fps features in the PU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

Reading the angry comments from the previous-faithful is glorious

Pretty sure this sale will be the worst yet , and there will shortly be a public apology from Lando or maybe Roberts himself to try and temper some of the angry citizens

I'm pretty sure you know nothing about Chris if you think he'll ever apologize for anything. More like some coke-fueled rant about how nobody understands sales development

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Reminder that Chris complained on camera that people weren't sending him enough gifts

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's not very fidelitious, you just wait a couple of seconds before hitting the accelerator and your dude puts on a helmet that they pull out of thin air.

It doesn't even flip.

Whats dumber? CIGs design/development focus or the backers stoic acceptance of said design focus

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Seriously, Helmet 2.0.

What the gently caress?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

See how it rolls off your tongue? H-e-l-m-e-t. Feel it. 2.0. No, we haven't finished any core game features or gameplay elements. But we have succesfully redesignedfactored our helmets. Helmets. Heeeeeeelmets.
At this pace it should only take us 21 more years to finish the game. Please buy pledge more ships. Now on sale. Fresh cash only. No takebacksies

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Truga posted:

Actually, you'll find that much like call of duty, rollecoaster tycoons are shovelware released every year since about year 2 or 3. It's just the same game with a new skin, nothing new here.

Whereas Star Citizen is a completely new game every three months, thanks to Chris' constant refactoring!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Did anyone say Star Marshill yet?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can we take a step back from this shitshow and appreciate for a moment that this game company unironically uses the term FUD and has a concern forum?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You guys really think this is it? I feel like the whales have been conditioned so hard, that any type of SQ42 gameplay footage could swing the pendulum in CIGs favor, no matter how bad it objectively is.

And that should be possible to do, even for CIG who set new records for being inept every loving day. The question is how self-deluded Chris is and if he sees this as a problem they have to fix asap or if he goes on in his merry ways, seeking perfection his subpar mind (and todays technology ffs) can't possibly deliver?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anime, unlike Star Citizen, is both cool and good

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm voting Hillary Clintons Thong for the best non-cat avatars in this thread btw

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe link me some profiles or give full names or something, because I do not know any of the SC forum regulars.

Beer4theBeerGod, Peter Gabriel, Beet Wagon, Melkor, AP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I mean, its probably not a whole bunch of poo poo you have to do. Ignore a whole host of probably salty reports and counter-reports or whatever, ban obvious seraph alts, do not doxx people

Sad to see Derek go, but actually, I'm not. I like him, but this is funny :allears:

• Locked thread