Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:gary: is quite possibly the greatest thing to come out of all this star citizen stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Mirificus posted:

I apologize to Octopode for comparing them to Karl. Karl is on an entirely different level:

The hero reddit deserves.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

tooterfish posted:

In response to some negative press that could've easily been dismissed with a simple "this is bullshit", Roberts instead wrote a 5000 word diatribe about how gamergaters, Derek Smart and the Escapist had formed a conspiracy to get him because they were jelly of his sick crowdfunding moves and genius level vision.

Judge for yourself whether that's absolutely insane or not.

It pretty much kicked Star Citizen into comedy overdrive.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

BastionPete posted:

SC subreddit imgur posts getting bombed
I could be wrong on this one, but I really don't think so.

:gary: :wrong:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

BastionPete posted:

SC subreddit imgur posts getting bombed
The idea that this was a 'friendly fire' incident doesn't really hold any water IMO. The fact that every image without exception got taken down, leads me to believe that it was a deliberate attack. There were plenty of really obscure images taken down that were posted years ago that weren't originally posted in this thread. I say originally because after the news broke, some then started posting more links here to images to try and get them taken down by proxy. I could be wrong on this one, but I really don't think so.

Also, for someone who had an account for however long you sure don't understand comedy. Why would we want to see this

When we could see this masterpiece instead

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

BastionPete posted:

gently caress knows. Depends on if they run out of money or not right? lol. I reckon they can make a reasonable game that they have been talking about. A lot of crazy poo poo they talk about (alien languages, etc.) may well not make it, but I don't really care that much about that tbh.

Also
:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Edit: and about my old account. I wasn't pretending to be an old SA forumite lol. I was just prefacing why I brought platinum. I had like 20 posts on my old account, total throwaway comment.

That's kind of what most of this is about. Also pubes.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Nalin posted:

My cat is getting old in her years.

This dog looks very wise.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Loiosh posted:

I couldn't even figure out what the meetings were supposed to be. What's a 'pop up meeting?'

:iiapa:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Seriously though, a super secret spaceship nerd whale club is a pretty clever idea to make some more money.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

G0RF posted:

So does this mean that if someone spent $10K on space pixels, but didn't spend $10 on the not-black Black Concierge card, they would be barred from attending a CIG Parp-Up event?

They can hang out in the parking lot.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

walruscat posted:

Gotta say, if this is Sandi's idea, she's putting on a masterclass on how to separate nerds from their money.

Idea for Sandi: Create anime skins for your spaceship JPEGs

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

no_recall posted:

If anything CIG did start some internet insanity that everyone is going try to replicate.

5 for each troll post? I think we could bankrupt him in no time, but that would require posting on reddit.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Loiosh posted:

What happened to fix all that is falling in love unexpectedly with an older hippie.

It was Tommy Chong, wasn't it?

Loiosh posted:

Basically, I didn't need to prove that my opinion was right. I needed to learn that my opinion is usually wrong, and that the best path in life is to listen with respect to others and look up things (read) for my education on why I was wrong.

Get a refund!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D_Smart posted:

Ham + Cheese + tomato + lettuce + Heinz Salad Cream (it's imported from the UK) in pizza pocket

I once bought a can of Heinz Spotted Dick that was imported from the UK.

Edit: Why does Heinz make all this cool poo poo for :britain: and not :911:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Bit of custard with that and you're in heaven

I also tried it without the spots and I think I liked the non-spotted dick better.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

I prefer spots on my dick

All I could taste were the spots. The spots were just too strong.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

I've got a house in France and in the village there is a shop called 'British Shop' and in there they have all the things like Salad Cream, Bovril, Spotted Dick, you name it, the last time I was there a bottle of Salad Cream was 12 Euros ha ha

Also holy poo poo a house in France. :captainpop:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That is one badass pre-tipped fedora.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

skaboomizzy posted:

MatticusGames on twitch

Apparently that guy was just in WTFOSAURUS (another streamer) ship and got ejected or something.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Yeah the wtfsaurus guy actually flew to a probe or something, debarked, and is now inside of it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Well yeah, I really like apples

However I would never bob for apples with a Rift on, barf city

Would this be virtually bobbing for apples with the rift, or bobbing for real apples while wearing a Rift? If so, what would the Rift be showing? Why do I care about this?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Also :lol: at you software nerds with your crappy 32bit and 64bit nonsense. HDL for life.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

I was thinking you could do both maybe, I dunno

So virtually bobbing for REAL apples. This is definitely something Star Citizen should add in one of their next stretch goals.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The toilet is 62 bit, the turd is 32 bit, and the piece of corn is an object.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

grimcreaper posted:

wtf is HDL?

Hardware Description Language. It's basically like programming at the lowest bit level. It's extremely tedious and annoying but you can make words whatever size you want. Of course this has almost nothing to do with Star Citizen, unless they decided to make custom hardware boards or something.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Based on the reactions at this website, that trailer is working.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Amarcarts posted:

How exactly does the terrain generation work if there are two people flying over it? Is the server actually generating the terrain and sending the info to the clients? Can you just pick a spot on the ground and land?

I know SC is faking it but how does it work with other games?

Randomly generated things (planets, Minecraft worlds, whatever) are typically given a 'seed'. If two clients have the same seed value, they will generate the same planet.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Lol, the Cubs are way better than the Yankees right now.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jst0rm posted:

I think as we get closer to the end of this whole thing we will see them dropping prices on poo poo to try and get people to give moar.

That will be a quick way to piss off a lot of the backers who paid big $$ for 'limited' stuff. It would be amazing to see.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dapper Dan posted:

I was about 80/20 they were going to release something, but after that disaster of a live stream and adding even more feature creep that is somehow going to work with the currently buggy mess...yeah. The multiplayer portion is never going to come out (at least a shadow of what he promised) or remain basically what 2.0 is with a few bells and whistles added on. Because god knows what he is telling the designers after he saw it. I can't even imagine how much poo poo he wants redone.

Squadron 42....I am not sure. That's Roberts' baby and even with Rome burning I think he might try to release it in some fashion. Even if he makes it a choose your own adventure game or hires a graphic artist to make it an interactive comic book or leaves the motion capture woefully unfinished. Hell, he might just make into a loving audio book. People will see his 'genius' no matter what. Unless he is just that incompetent and he's screaming at people to rework something while the development gulag is on fire. So I'm still torn on that.

I'm guessing that he basically pulls everyone who's left at CIG into finishing his baby Squadron 42 at the expense of the game people actually care about with the logic of 'We'll earn enough money selling Squadron 42 to finish Star Citizen'.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

quote:

LOL they just say that to cover their back if they're wrong. Goons have swallowed Derek's salty load and can't now think for themselves.

They're backing him all the way because they believe he's right. Why else are people like boocha and beer4 cuddling up to him after pulling their money? Of course when the game launches and it becomes painfully apparent they've been had, they'll just say "oh lol we knew we were just pretending" to try and save face. That didn't sound convincing when I was 6, and it still doesn't now

poo poo guys, reddit has found us out! :cripes:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Berious posted:

I think this is the moment Chris realized his game was a piece of poo poo and a failure

https://youtu.be/ZWq8ynUq7wM?t=1061

This segment is begging for some airhorn action.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

illectro posted:

I didn't look in detail but it was an x52 Pro which by default uses the X52 bindings which are basically completely wrong, CIG have yet to provide sensible default bindings for the X52 Pro.

Beyond that, I've noticed that the connection between the throttle and stick often becomes unplugged, I remember this happening at the frontier dev booth at GDC and it confused the devs no end until I showed them the problem.

I read somewhere that Saitek stuff is now garbage. Is this true? I might want to upgrade my controller for an actual game.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Crash74 posted:

LOL they just say that to cover their back if they're wrong. Goons have swallowed Derek's salty load and can't now think for themselves.

They're backing him all the way because they believe he's right. Why else are people like boocha and beer4 cuddling up to him after pulling their money? Of course when the game launches and it becomes painfully apparent they've been had, they'll just say "oh lol we knew we were just pretending" to try and save face. That didn't sound convincing when I was 6, and it still doesn't now

:psyboom: welp time to call it quits fellas, writing mushmouth a check for 15 grand today

This is basically us.

:gary: :gizz:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'm not sure the logic behind the arguement. If SC comes out and we come slinking back we lose face with no one. CIG isn't going to not take my money. But if SC doesn't come out, we are out nothing, and they lose everything.

Hmm, I'm either out hundreds/thousands of dollars, or I might need to admit I was wrong about something. drat tough call that.

Careful, you are coming dangerously close to independent thought.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

If this game really does come out I'm going to feel really stupid for not having spent thousands of dollars on spaceships in a computer game.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't know much about the SC ships, but it does seem like they're really hurting for new ship ideas.

"Uuh guys so we need a new ship for the holiday stream but we can't make one that screws with the balancing because that might cause the whales to melt ships instead of forking out fresh cash. What do we got?"

I'm holding out for the space pizza delivery vehicle (with special space heater to keep pizza fresh).

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Daztek posted:

My stream froze

Seth Rogan has really let himself go.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

HexDog posted:

Has procedural generation been part of the plan the whole time? I thought it was all supposed to be handcrafted?

They handcrafted the procedural generation algorithms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dapper Dan posted:

No idea, but coming from a website literally named space.com must burn.

And loving lol at CIG rear end loving its customers again as they continually try to mine the well for more money. And there are still people who will let CIG poo poo in their mouths and then tell them it tastes good. Sorry, if you are that stupid and deluded to constantly let a company gently caress you over so blatantly, you deserve what you are going to get.

That space.com article made me want to buy Elite.

• Locked thread